• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Voting: GCC Week 6 - Anime Signatures

Who's is better

• Random Person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TheGreen

• Dabombster

• Master Link

• Kazumi

• Jetter

• Kybyrian

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to Week 6's Voting. The theme for the week was Anime Signatures. And we had quite the turn out. Please leave comments and critique for our artists so that they may better improve in their work. After all that's what these competitions are for.

Anyways let the voting begin, the Poll will end in 4 days, Please vote for who you think did the best.

Random Person
dragonballsgokusmaller.jpg

TheGreen
GCC6TheGreen.png

Dabombster
Ichigo.png

Master Link
bleachsigtxtsmall.png

Kazumi
testap.png

Jetter
33wnofd.jpg

Kybyrian
KenpachiSig.png

Good Luck to all our Contestants

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcing Week 7

Theme: RPG (Role Playing Games) such as Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Fable, ect...

Medium: Wallpapers (No Smaller then 600 by 800)

Due: Saturday, October 9, 2010 @ 11:59PM PST
(-8:00GMT)

PM your completed Entries to me- I look forward to seeing them
Good Luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Wow, I love them all, they're great!! ;)
Although, me being a nitpicker, I'm going to summarise them all. :)

Random Person.
I liked your sig because it was nice, and you didn't use actual people which made yours different.
Although I think it could have used something to make it more interesting. Other than that, nice sig with a nice landscape!! :)

TheGreen.
Nice siggy, and I do like it when the render pops out of the picture.
But it was very simple, too simple to really draw me in.
Other than that, nice siggy! :)

Dabombster.
Lovely sig. The colour scheme and the renders all fit together nicely. Well done!

Master Link.
Nice sig, the renders fit together nicely and the text is in a fitting font and placed together well. Great job!!

Kazumi.
Adorable render, with a nice background but I don't really like the transition from the blue to the white bits. If it was a bit smoother it would be nice. Other than that, brilliant! :)

Jetter.
Nice sig, with the text captions and I rather like the apples, but I think the renders could be a bit better cut out. Otherwise great sig!

Kybyrian.
Your sig looks good, with all the colours, in my eyes, melting into each other. Your render was well placed, so overall good job!

I ended up voting for Jetter, because of the apples, and the fact that it was the only sig that had an actual caption. It made me laugh too!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! ^_^

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I gotta give props to Kybyrian on this one. My only complaint is that it looks like the Zaraki's right arm was chopped a bit in the original render. Overall, very good though. Definitely got my vote.

Random Person's signature just seems to be a picture taken straight out of the anime by the looks of it, which isn't really that great to be honest seeing as he didn't actually do anything to it, unless I am mistaken of course. Bomby's. that signature looks sexy, moreso than Kybyrian's, Kybyrian already knows what I think about his signature. The Green's signature is pretty decent. I don't really like Jetter's, it just looks like he roughly cut out the image on Gimp then put it on a white back ground, decent though. Kazumi's signature has a nice background which I like, although I have no idea who that is in his signature, it's pretty cool though. Master Links signature has some cool renders, but the background isn't that good in my opinion.

Overall, I voted for Bomby.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What? I'm a little confused at the comments to mine. I actually did use people and I most certainly did NOT just copy and paste. I put the eight different pics together myself.

Now, as to what I think of the pics.

Random Person:
Nice and interesting but doesn't stand out as some of the others. Try to create a background or adding some words.

The Green:
Almost voted for yours immediately because I'm such a die hard teen Gohan fan. But it seems a little simplistic for me after I see the others. Especially the background.

Dabombster:
Awesome. No complaints it looks great.

Master Link:
Ridiculously epic.

Kazumi:
Even though I have no idea who that is, this is still a great pic. The background really catches the pics good qualities.

Jetter:
Don't really like it at all. I'm not familiar with the series so I might like it if I was, but also it's blochy. (not a real word)

Ky:
The only thing that is slightly wrong is the arm is cut off. That is it. You had a great idea.

Overall, my favorite is Master Link's. It's awesome and deserves respect.

Here are my thoughts on each signature.

Random Person:
I can kind of see where you were going with this, but it doesn't look like much. You can make out lines and shades inside the dragon balls, but you cannot see what they make up.

TheGreen:
I really like this one, it is simple yet stunning. Everything just pops out. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't seem right that his legs are the thing that pops out.

Dabombyster:
Really, really, really, really great. The background, the renders, the overlay of the hollow mask all make this a wonderful signature.

Kazumi:
Beautiful signature, especially since it is one of your first ones if I'm not mistaken. The pop out is really effective, and I do not see a problem with the blue popping out with the render.

Jetter:
Very nice, but the white boxes around the renders are visible and take away from the effect.

Kybyrian:
Simply epic. I feel that there could be a little more contrast with Zaraki, but maybe you didn't want to do this. Otherwise, the only thing I have to say is: Where is his elbow?

Overall I'm going to go with Bomby's signature.

Looking at Random Person's again, I can see that he has put the face's on the Dragonballs, but to be honest, I can't really make out much from them, just roughly who they are.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Looking at Random Person's again, I can see that he has put the face's on the Dragonballs, but to be honest, I can't really make out much from them, just roughly who they are.

Yeah, my fault. I was hoping to give it that reflection quality. At full size you can tell, but I didn't take into consideration sig size. That'll teach me to rush through these.

1 Star - Kid Goku
2 Star - Goku
3 Star - Super Saiyan Goku
4 Star - Super Saiyan 2 Goku
5 Star - Super Saiyan 3 Goku
6 Star - GT Kid Goku
7 Star - Super Saiyan 4 Goku

Kybyrian

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I voted Dabombster. The renders are nice and the background isn't distracting from the render and it helps to wash out the other render, without totally obscuring it.

I really do like Jetter's, but the more I look at it the more I see faults, but bad ones. Not good one's like the way the render's are cropped which is quite cool. And the text is weird.

Kybyrian's also a good one but the transparent stuff is distracting. It might be a figure, but there's a lot going on in the sig and I can't tell what it is.

All of them are pretty great though. I appriciate the subtlety in Random Person's but It's difficult to see and the format is pretty strange for a sig. Should be narrower and have some text.

Woo and Wyatt gets it again... Congrats
*rolls eyes*

Lol j/k- Congrats buddy...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 7 is RPG Wallpapers

Due: Saturday, October 9, 2010

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom