• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Can Jump?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Something I noticed while watching the scorpion boss video on the Zelda Dungeon Skyward Sword boss video, if you go to :33 seconds, Link kinda jumps forward. Sooo... he can jump now?

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, he can't really jump on command....If you're standing near a ledge or block then you'll get the command button to say "climb," and Link might do a little jump to reach it, but other than that jumping isn't really involved. ....Well, now that I think about it he kind hops around when doing the dodging n' attacking thing....
Overall, Link jumps when he feels like it.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Nah, that isn't really a jump, just a jump slash in a bad angle. And I don't think Link'll ever be able to jump without an item like Roc's Cape/Feather or jumping off a cliff.

This is something that's been brought up a few times since the E3 presentation. Miyamoto said something about Link being able to jump, which made a lot of people jump to conclusions. I did so myself, if briefly. Basically, yeah, there's a light possibility that Link will be able to fully jump into the air in Skyward Sword. However, all we've seen in the game-play is the basic ability to do jump slashes, and the same directional dodging during combat that we've always had.

In addition, we haven't heard any big news from people who've actually gotten their hands on the demo. Since I doubt Nintendo would omit a major game-play element from the playable demo. So I don't think we're going to see anything new at all, and realistically there's very little reason to suspect we will.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
He can slightly wall-jump to boost himself onto ledges, but that's about it. But I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal about this... The "Jump Attack" and "Jump Slash" both have "jump" in their names... Not to mention that he always side-jumps in the console titles... Obviously Link was able to jump a long time ago! XDD

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well how I see it, to jump attack, you hold the Z button, push the controler stick forward, press the A button, and Link performs a jump. Some people jump then swing the remote to actually perform the jump attack. So he can jump without the slash, but to make him slash you swing? Thats how I see it.

Thing is, it just looks that way with the buttons i said earlier.

Last edited:

122ninjas

That's weird. I thought I read somewhere that Link can now dash and jump in the game.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
Well he can.

Plus, those of you are saying that link can't jump without an item have to play AoL

He could already jump! Now I am going to tell the zelda games he could jump, and what items he used to use to jump. In Four Sword Adventures with the Roc's Feather. ( And Roc's Cape I think?) In Minish Cap with the Roc's Cape. In Oracle Of Seasons with the Roc's Feather. In Oracle Of Ages with the Roc's Feather. And in Link's Awakening with the Roc's feather. :)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
They've taken out the auto-matic Jump Slash/Attack. From what is seems you have to, while holding Z, push the stick forward and press A. Link will then jump forward. To actually execute the attack, when you've jumped forward, in mid-air, shake/swing the remote to actually make him slash. I like how we're getting more movement. It looks really fun! Check this guy out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT9tUso_Aiw&feature=related
Sadly, he dies, but the guy looks really into the game, after every slash, he shields. Very smart. Lol off topic, sorry!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
They've taken out the auto-matic Jump Slash/Attack. From what is seems you have to, while holding Z, push the stick forward and press A. Link will then jump forward. To actually execute the attack, when you've jumped forward, in mid-air, shake/swing the remote to actually make him slash. I like how we're getting more movement. It looks really fun! Check this guy out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT9tUso_Aiw&feature=related
Sadly, he dies, but the guy looks really into the game, after every slash, he shields. Very smart. Lol off topic, sorry!

That makes a lot of sense. Even though that takes out the fluid Jump Attack movement, I guess it feels more like you're doing the attack instead of just Z-targeting and then pushing A. Pushing the control stick forward and pressing A now acts like a forward jump (like how Link can already jump to the side/do a backflip by pushing the control stick in a certain direction and pressing A). Swinging the Wiimote makes him slash. Genius. :D

Z

zc16-rmeppelink

it would be beast if link could jump beast I tell u beast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom