• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are the Carpenters in OoT Gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was playing OoT some time ago, I realized that, when you're saving them from the Gerudo Fortress as an adult, after you free one of them, he says you're a "cute kid". That's my strongest evidence, as well as their running lmao.

Though one of them says they wanted to join the Gerudo because they're an "all female group" (gay guys like hanging out with the gals!), and then says they are "too rude!", lol.

And we could say, if Zelda was being somewhat stereotyping people back then (we know the commercial for OoT was sexist), then it could explain that that's why, even when being carpenters, they don't work at all (as it may be seen as a manly job and gay people would seem too delicate or whatever to do the job). Idk, that'd be a major stererotype lmao, but you never know!

So what do you guys think? :)

Oh, here is the video btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62gtiymTdBw&feature=related

Yeah that's what I said before.
Though, as I said, it's just a stereotype obvs.

Not all gays skip, I would know :cool:

That's actually a pretty good point, made me chuckle a little bit reading your analysis. I guess it's possible the developers were being stereotypical... I never really thought of that. I always assumed they were straight because they wanted to work with the all-female group, but I always thought the one guy who called Link "cute" was gay. After reading your post, I think they might all be though, only based of the theory that the developers were being stereotypical. I know the skipping and general femininity they seem to possess doesn't make them homosexual, obviously.

linkman8

True and Noble
This thread was amusing, I'll admit. I don't know if they're gay or not, but I think the fact that they wanted to hang out in an all women's group is indicative that they're straight. But then they didn't want to hang out with them because they're rude and abrasive.

This thread was amusing, I'll admit. I don't know if they're gay or not, but I think the fact that they wanted to hang out in an all women's group is indicative that they're straight. But then they didn't want to hang out with them because they're rude and abrasive.

I agree, it is an amusing thread...

Moving on, I do know a few homosexual guys that have always felt more secure around girls than they do guys, but that's most likely because they are more feminine that masculine. I only know one straight guy that has a group of friends that are for the majority girls, and that's because when he was younger he didn't really like any sports and anything else that is considered to be a male activity. So he just decided that the would sit and hang around with all the girls during lunch and after school. Even then, he has evened his friend group out to about 50-50 now that he likes to party and skateboard. So they could be homosexuals that wish to befriend the Gerudo's. It's unlikely though, so I do agree that they are straight.

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Just clarifying a point here, but just because guys like to hang out in a majority female group does not automatically make them homosexual.

The same point going for if a girl hangs in an all guy group. That doesnt make her a lesbian.

It actually is quite normal for males and females to mix in their groups, trying to find either friends or a partner.

If everyone stayed with the same gender for the entirety of their lives, I think that would come across as more homosexual than the previous point. No interest in the opposite gender, only wanting to be with men/women...

But that's just my opinion

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Hahah, I don't know, I never considered them to be gay, per se, but I did find them amusing.
I just always figured they were silly men. I guess that's my best way to describe then; silly.
They could be a funny portrayal of gay men, but I don't know, I feel that it's all in good fun.

Though, I am curious about this sexist OoT commercial...
Got a link to that?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Hahah, I don't know, I never considered them to be gay, per se, but I did find them amusing.
I just always figured they were silly men. I guess that's my best way to describe then; silly.
They could be a funny portrayal of gay men, but I don't know, I feel that it's all in good fun.

Though, I am curious about this sexist OoT commercial...
Got a link to that?

No, but I think it said something like, "Will thoust get the girl, or will thoust play like one?"

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
It makes you think what the H*ll happens inside the tent by Gerudo Valley. o_O :lol:
It is possible for them to be that way, considering how they put islamic chanting in the fire temple, the original Gerudo flag, the commercial, and all that taboo stuff. Why not have gay carpenters? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom