• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Finished Games of 2010

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Whether I think someone's choice in video games is poor or not is also my opinion and not a absolute. Claiming a video game to be the "best ever" is speaking in absolutes that were clearly wrong to begin with and I simply denounced the statement with my opinion.

I didn't make this thread to bash every game that everyone has played. I would simply like to discuss them, whether they are poor or great IMO. I just happened to dislike some of the games that she has played and I have as well and stated my opinion of them along with hers. Big deal. Grow up, please. I would like to discuss video games.

And just to clear things up, I never said her opinion was wrong or poor, I said the video games were poor, along with her choices of said video games. I did not denounce her opinion at all, I simply stated mine. Thanks.

First of all, yeah you have the right to say what you want, but it's a matter of respect. Your opinion was disrespectful. If you want to discuss Videogames, make a thread to discuss video games. The title clearly says "Finished Games of 2010", not let me bad mouth your taste in games. So let people feel free with being able to list the games that they passed without you trying to make them feel any less of the games they play.

You obviously had nothing good to say. That's why you left out your "opinions" on Tomb Raider and Smash Bros.

Next time be more positive. Don't go around saying everything you feel. That's just like me saying, "Ill! You like Metal Gear Solid? You have no taste at all. You should play Splinter Cell because it's way better then that piece of Sh*t!" But no, I won't go around saying that because I have respect.

linkman8

True and Noble
Alright, that'll be about enough.
Guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Seethe is free to think what he wants about other games, and he can express what he feels about the game if he wants to. Whether anyone else agrees or disagrees is their prerogative. As long as he's not insulting anyone else or their opinions, then he's fine. And no, just because he thinks a game is terrible does not then reflect how he feels about the person who thinks otherwise.
I'm not taking one side or the other. I'm keeping the peace. I don't want to have to trash this thread if it can end peacefully. Be respectful of each other, and be tolerant of others' opinions.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm just going to go ahead and post in this thread if that is OK with everyone.

In 2010, I finished (so far):

Pokemon Heart Gold - Best game ever. No further comment needed.

Pokemon Platinum (again... sigh..) - Also best game ever. No further comment needed.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - It was an amazing game of epic proportions and mega large amounts of fun. Now this is why I own a Wii. By the way, it was way better then the first Galaxy.

Sin and Punishment 2 - It's in the same boat as SMG2. A very fun game that really defines that Wii as a console.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Currently one of my favourite games of all time. It's very robust and open world with many awesome things to do.

And that is all that I can remember right now. I plan on beating Final Fantasy X and Time Splitter's Future Perfect in the near future.

You obviously had nothing good to say. That's why you left out your "opinions" on Tomb Raider and Smash Bros.

Next time be more positive. Don't go around saying everything you feel. That's just like me saying, "Ill! You like Metal Gear Solid? You have no taste at all. You should play Splinter Cell because it's way better then that piece of Sh*t!" But no, I won't go around saying that because I have respect.
I think we're starting to get somewhere. I have plenty of good things to say. I gave compliments to Fallout 3 that someone else mentioned they finished this year. As for Tomb Raider and Brawl, I've never played either of them and have no opinion. Other than horrible Wii controls, I can imagine its just as good as the previous games, though.

Go ahead and bash MGS and compare it to Splinter Cell, but if you can't reinforced your statement with anything other than "it's better", then its not worth discussing.

I'm just going to go ahead and post in this thread if that is OK with everyone.

In 2010, I finished (so far):

Pokemon Heart Gold - Best game ever. No further comment needed.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Currently one of my favourite games of all time. It's very robust and open world with many awesome things to do.
Gold/Silver are definitely two of the best Pokemon games. Being able to go to the Kanto region after finishing the game was both surprising and cool (back during the originals). It was something fresh. Since then, Pokemon has become repetitive and generic. From what I've read, they're going to fix this problem in Black/White. You will only be able to catch the new species of Pokemon until you finish the game and the new look will help a lot as well.

Oblivion remains to be one of my favorite games of all time. I've owned it for Xbox 360, PC, and also now for my PS3. I've never played Shivering Isles, so during this replay I plan to do so soon. The only thing I have left other than the expansion is the Mages Guild quests as well as the main quests.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Go ahead and bash MGS and compare it to Splinter Cell, but if you can't reinforced your statement with anything other than "it's better", then its not worth discussing.

I have no problem with Metal Gear Solid. I compared it with Splinter Cell because they are both stealth games and I just used it as an example.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have this game as well and it is by far the worst piece of trash to ever be called a Final Fantasy game. It would be impossible to create a game any more linear than FFXIII and manage to get away with it. During the storyline there are no side quests, there is no free roam, there are no beautiful cities to explore, and amazingly, no shops to walk into. The story and characters are both borderline okay. Visually, the game has a lot of power behind it, especially during the cutscenes, but the game looks like crap. During this horrible storyline, you traverse a linear arid wasteland of a game that is not beautiful or immersive. So that leaves the soundtrack to be the best thing to come out of this game? Best game EVER. I'm going to go play Final Fantasy III on my NDS now.

What is bold and italicized is what most would call an absolute. You said it is a piece of trash. You didn't say you think it is a piece of trash.

As for MGS I like that game, I prefer it on the GCN as it is a bit easier on my eyes to watch and play than the PS counterpart. And I find the Nintendo references absolutely hysterical.

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
Can we all stop bashing games? Seriously. Let's just get to the point of this thread.

So, the games I have beat in 2010 are as follows:

Pokemon HeartGold: A great Pokemon Game. I hope to see a lot of this stuff in future games.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Another amazing Mario game. I have to agree with Linebeck about the Grandmaster Galaxy. As tough as it was, and the anger that came with it, it was one of the most beautifully designed levels I've seen in a while. And to top it off, the level had my favourite pieces of music from both Galaxy games.

And also some countless Zelda replays :D. But I am almost finished A Link to the Past for my first run.

As for MGS I like that game, I prefer it on the GCN as it is a bit easier on my eyes to watch and play than the PS counterpart. And I find the Nintendo references absolutely hysterical.
Twin Snakes was definitely a nice port. The improved controls and graphics were great. The ability to actually aim your weapons is nice, too. Unfortunately my GC is still in my mother's basement in another state.

I really wish that I had a PS2 that was in working condition to replay the rest of the series and then finally buy MGS4 for the PS3. A PS2 will probably be the next thing I buy from GameStop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom