• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Recomendations Thread

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
PS2 Recommendations?

I bought a PS2 a while ago, but I've run out of games to play for it. With that, I want to know what you guys recommend for the PS2. For reference, below are my current library of PS2 games (as well as games I'm tracking down) and the games I don't want/can't get.

My Current PS2 Library (with games I'm hunting):

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Final Fantasy X (defective, unfortunately)
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Okami (tracking it down, but having a hard time doing so)

Games I'll Need Convincing on:

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (I see no reason to buy it if I've already got it for GBA which I can play anywhere)

First Person Shooters in General (I'm not a big fan of FPS's to be honest, they're just not my cup of tea [but I do make an exception for the Metroid Prime Saga, but they're really more of Action Adventure Games like the 2D ones but in First Person])

M Rated Games (I'm fourteen, I can't get M rated games legally, I don't emulate, and I highly doubt my Mom would let me play M rated games four years earlier than I'm legally allowed to)

So with that, what are your recommendations?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Dark Cloud 2. This is an awesome game. I have yet to beat it though because of the final boss. But anyway...

Yeah, Dark Cloud 2 is kinda like OoT where you play two different characters who have to travel both from the present to the future (and back again) in order to restore certain points in history that the bad guy has destroyed (can't remember his name for the life of me). Also as they're restoring those points, they must find a way to travel to the past since that's there were the bad guy is.

It's also a RPG-like game. As for the rating of it, it's rated 'T'. It has a little bit of language in it, but other than that I think it's okay.

Also I would say that you could get the first game to this which is 'Dark Cloud', but of course I haven't played it myself but I really want to. I've heard that it's good.

Kazumi

chagy
OK, let's see. Ehem.

Final Fantasy X that works - Self explanatory (it's my favourite FF of all time)

Time Splitters: Future Perfect - A very fun and feature packed FPS. It's got a great nice and long story mode, that is perfect for multiplayer, a very robust multiplayer mode with many different types of modes, a map editor, and even online play if you can hook your PS2 up to the Internet.

Shadow of the Colossus: A very interesting and exciting action/adventure game. It's actually quite a bit like Zelda. The combat is interesting and the story is even more mysterious. You fight giant monsters. Pretty sell explanatory.

Persona 3: FES - I better not have to explain this one.

Destroy All Humans 2 - An open and fun sandbox game with a good main story, a nice multiplayer and lots of killing and explosions.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - A fun multiplayer shooter with a good story, lots of good multiplayer modes, and even some fun online. (Get the PC version)

Hope that helped.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Well, I don't have many games yet for the PS2 myself, however I have plenty of PS1 games, and since the PS2 is backwards compatible I might list some PS1 games. :P

PS2 games

- Shadow of the Colossus
I've played this game, and I have to say, it's really quite good! The goal of the game is to defeat the 16 colossi to bring your love back to life. I won't say anymore though.

- Ico
I haven't played this yet, though it's made by the same studio that made Shadow of the Colossus, and is supposed to be very good.

Most of the PS2 games you already have on your list are the only PS2 games I've played yet, so here are my PS1 recommendations.

PS1 games

- Chrono Cross
Sequel to Chrono Trigger, I thought it was an excellent game. (I actually liked it more than CT, but that might be because I played this first.) If you haven't played Chrono Trigger yet, there is a PS1 version and a DS version in addition to the original SNES version.

- Brave Fencer Musashi
Sort of a spoof of JRPGs, a lighthearted adventure with some laughs along the way. I really enjoyed this, and the battle system vaguely reminded me of zelda. (You fight with swords, and it's not turn-based.)

- Final Fantasy Tactics
Alot of people say the story was great, however I found it rather convoluted toward the end. Besides that, the battle system is awesome, and so is the music.

- Digimon World 3
This game was actually pretty fun, it reminded me of pokemon, but as far as I remember you don't catch digimon at all and you stick with the ones you get. I never got far because I just put it down one day and I have yet to pick it up again. There was an extremely addicting card mini game that goes on throughout the game.

That’s all I can think of right now that I've played, besides Ico. :)

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
- Brave Fencer Musashi
I thought this game was pretty fun, and it has some spoofing of JRPGs in it. The gameplay sort of reminded me of zelda, because you use swords and it isn't turn-based, but beyond that it isn't too similar. Good game.

- Chrono Cross
This game is the sequel to Chrono Trigger, so if you haven't played Chrono Trigger you might want to play that first. It's a very good game, one of my favorite RPGs. I liked it even more than Chrono Trigger, but you could say that's because I played this first. Chrono Trigger has a PS1 version, a DS version and a SNES version.

- Final Fantasy Tactics
The gameplay is really fun in this game. It's turn-based strategy FF style. The music is excellent as well, however a lot of people seemed to think the storyline was great too. Personally I found it sort of convoluted, but it could be just me.

- Digimon World 3
This game reminds me of pokemon, except that as far as I remember you don't 'catch' any digimon in this game. It was pretty fun, though I never finished it for some reason. There is a really fun card game/mini game in this game too.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I honestly haven't played pokemon, (Except for like 5 minutes when I was little) so I'm not quite sure if I can compare games to pokemon correctly.

*Hangs head in shame*

However I do think that Digimon World 3 has a similar battle system to pokemon, as it is turn based and you fight with your digimon and can level them up. You don't catch digimom though.

Other than that, I do know that Chrono Cross is a turn based RPG similar to Final Fantasy, and I like to think of Final Fantasy Tactics battles as sort of like a board game like chess, except much easier. The closest thing I can relate Brave Fencer Musashi to is Zelda, though they aren't exactly the same.

I have also heard of a good game which is supposed to be very similar to pokemon called Azure Dreams for the PS1. In it you go monster hunting inside a tower with 40 floors. You tame monsters to fight for you, I believe. I personally haven't played it though. :sweat:

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'd actually recommend the Wii version of Okami. It doesn't have quite the same neat paper look to it, but the drawing is much easier. Also, the Wii version is still in retail, which is a bonus.

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
Sly Cooper games are awesome and are fun to play.
For a first person game, my friend plays this game called SOCOM for PS2, you should try it out ( i also heard there is going to be a new one for PS3)
If you get the cance to play rated M games, try out Grand Thief Auto (but do not get Grand Thief Auto 2, it sucks)
I'm not sure if you should get KHCoM.
Need for Speed games are pretty fun (i recommend, Need For Speed Undercover).
Guitar Hero is fun, but it gets pretty boring after awhile, i would recommend it if you like rock.
Tony Hawk games are fun, i would recommend those.

yea pretty much those games are fun, but theres probably plenty more that are fun.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Guitar Hero 2. Like what MoblinPiglet said, it can get boring, but it's fun to just pick it up and play a song or two.

Ratchet and Clank 1 and 3. There not exactly first person shooters, but they're third person.
They also have a bit of collecting...

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Shadow of the Colossus!!!!!!!!!!!! That game is really fun. You have to go and kill 16 huge collosi. Its kinda wierd but really fun :) Hope I could help. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom