• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox360 or PS3

Xbox360 PS3

• Xbox360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Y

Yoshi_FTW

Umm. The whole thing for me was which system was best to hack. I researched, and the ps3 isn't really hackable (as in playing backups/downloaded games etc.). The only thing you can do with a ps3 is install linux on it and run a few programs like a pc. Even if you could mod it to play backups, you'd have to burn the games on blu-ray discs. Who in the hell has a blu-ray burner laying around? I'm sure I don't. Blu-ray discs are like $8 each blank anyways.

I'm not downing the ps3 at all. Great system, great graphics, and some great games. And I srsly want one :)

Note: Some people at the start of this thread were saying bs about the hardware of the 360s. I have to admit, M$oft made big mistakes putting pieces of **** in boxes and selling it. But really, if you buy any 360 past the year like 2008, the hardware is fine. I bought my 360 from the store a couple years ago, and it's still running great. The hardware issues were for early consoles. All of those problems are fixed, and if you go buy a console from the store today, you'll have no issues.

K

kalikid98

Well i would reccomend the PS3 because im a happy 2 year owner that my ps3 still works. and i would reccomend the ps3 because you dont have to pay anything to pay online. xbox you have to pay for live. and i dont know how often it occurs but ive heard that a lot of my friends that own an xbox360 usually stops working after a while. i would reccomend a PS3.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Forget both of these; get a Super Nintendo. :)
You might actually want to consider getting a PS3 "fat" for backwards compatibility, if you're a big retro-gamer like I am.
That being said, I have never owned a Sony console. I just want to play Metal Gear Solid. >.<
So far, the online for Xbox 360 has been pretty good. Recently, though, Xbox 360's superior library is disappearing, what with BioWare (developers of Mass Effect) announcing that they will also be developing for the PS3. Mass Effect 2 and 3 will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360, but Mass Effect 1 will still be an Xbox 360 exclusive.
As for me, though, I'm not much of a huge shooter fan, so I think I bought the Xbox 360 mostly for Mass Effect. It was the reduced price of the Xbox (at the time) that caught my eye.
I bought a lightly used 360, two controllers, all appropriate cables, default hard drive, and 5 games for $150.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
I voted for Xbox 360 not only because it features but how it displays the graphics of the game. Say your playing a orignal Xbox game it basically enhances that. Now the PS3 can only play certain PS1 games most of them downloadable content.

Umm. The whole thing for me was which system was best to hack. I researched, and the ps3 isn't really hackable (as in playing backups/downloaded games etc.). The only thing you can do with a ps3 is install linux on it and run a few programs like a pc. Even if you could mod it to play backups, you'd have to burn the games on blu-ray discs. Who in the hell has a blu-ray burner laying around? I'm sure I don't. Blu-ray discs are like $8 each blank anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom