• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Saria Will Be a Cradle Robber if She Goes Out with Link

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Nah, I don't dislike Navi, but I feel she was a little simplistic and not milked enough as a character. Not that there was much to milk, because she's so small, being a fairy and such. ;) (I love how this thread just gets more and more disturbing!)
I just think Link has a few relationship problems here and there; he's even cheating on his fishwife. Hehe -- I'm proud of myself for that one. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I actually have an opinion on this go figure haha. anyway I thought that what Mido said about Saria REALLY liking link in the game was a give-away that she had romantic feelings for him. I do agree they were probably more of a childhood crush than anything. and what she said in the chamber of sages was simply a reflection of her current level of comprehension of the situation, that she and Link could be nothing more than friends. It's actualy quite tragic.....

Had Saria known Link wasn't Kokiri and would grow up, she probably wouldn't have developed those feelings

Sounds like someone's never been in love. It doesn't matter the situation, love is love. You can still be in love with someone that you know you can never be with. Sometimes it makes that love even stronger. Otherwise, I agree with what you said.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Sounds like someone's never been in love. It doesn't matter the situation, love is love. You can still be in love with someone that you know you can never be with. Sometimes it makes that love even stronger. Otherwise, I agree with what you said.
Sweetie, I'm one of the oldest forum members here and am well aware of what love is. My relationship is almost as old as some of the users here, and I'm sure my grasp on the concept is a little more developed than many of the younger members' here....

ANYWAY...
What I was trying to say is that had Saria understood the circumstances, meaning, had she understood that he'd grow up to be a man while she retained the mind and body of a little girl, she probably wouldn't have even become involved with those feelings. "Love is Love" doesn't apply to all cases (especially in cases involving very young people), and a person like Saria can hardly comprehend the magnitude of the term "love" in its true romantic form. All she'd be able to do is feel puppy love, the kinds kids do, which is nothing at all like something a real mature couple would feel.

If she was able to understanding that (which she'd probably never be able to, having the mind and body of a child and all...) she could never fulfill that role, she'd probably have been the typical kid thing and go for somebody else who'd be interested in her... like Mido who, despite being a bully towards Link, seemed perfectly capable of showing a softer side to Saria. I'm sure she'd still have treasured the best friend role, but I can't see somebody like her keeping a puppy-love interest in somebody who could never return those feelings. Really, I can't see her keeping a puppy-love interest in anybody for a long time being that she just a little girl.

And, if you want to get even more detailed, she would probably have been frightened away from any sort of romantic relationship had she known of the future. She's Link's best friend, yes, but she knows him as a Kokiri. Just think of how alarming it would be for her to see her best friend in such an alien form- a form she could not ever share and one she never saw before. She's a smart young Kokiri and a fitting role for a sage, but she isn't as wise and/or as somebody as Sheik/Zelda. She wouldn't be able to even bring herself to fathom a relationship with Link had she known what the future held. In her eyes, she just knew she liked her best friend. She didn't know he'd become a man, and had she known, she'd probably have been scared away from any sort of puppy-love interest she had in him.

TL;DR VERSION
She couldn't handle it or even comprehend it.

Haha, I was just kidding about the "never been in love thing." However, my point still stands that love can take form even when there is no hope of it developing. Specifically though, Saria probably couldn't develop mature love for Link, given her "age."

Kybyrian

That doesn't mean Link/Saria isn't awkward. It's especially awkward since Link grows up and Saria does not... but, until that happened, Saria and the other Kokiri didn't know Link was a Hylian and would grow up. Link himself didn't even know until he woke up with the body of a 17-year-old. So, it makes sense for Saria to have one of those childlike puppy-love feelings for Link. No, I do not think she was madly in love with him- a person with the mind and body of a 10-year-old would not be able to have those feelings.

For some reason, I've always thought differently on this. It was always my thought that Saria did indeed know that Link was a Hylian. I have not much to support this, but it's just my thought. Though I guess I shouldn't be coming into the Zelda Theories section(which I normally avoid) and present a theory with little to no support on it, but eh. I mean, she acts like she knew that he was Hylian whenever she said that she knew the day would come when Link would leave the forest, when she meets him on the bridge before he leaves. Then she shows no surprise when she sees Link after the Forest Temple, at least that I saw.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
For some reason, I've always thought differently on this. It was always my thought that Saria did indeed know that Link was a Hylian. I have not much to support this, but it's just my thought. Though I guess I shouldn't be coming into the Zelda Theories section(which I normally avoid) and present a theory with little to no support on it, but eh. I mean, she acts like she knew that he was Hylian whenever she said that she knew the day would come when Link would leave the forest, when she meets him on the bridge before he leaves. Then she shows no surprise when she sees Link after the Forest Temple, at least that I saw.
That's a good point. I can see how you might assume that from her quote. However, I assumed that she just knew he was different, but not the details of it. But, if it's the case as you assume, then I would think that is making Saria a little weird... but what do I know? I am assuming just as much as you. There isn't much evidence either way. :)

lol has anybody seen the zelda movie with that was on the internet for a while and even in some theaters.it was a fan movie based on oot.anyway when the bridge part and even before that in the movie saria acts alot like his mom

I never thought of this theory before. It actually makes sence if you think about it. On links age, I wouldn't really say that he is 10 in OoT. I would say more like at least 11 or at most 13.( I mean if he was 10 then he would only be 17 therfore not an adult) that and I don't know exactly the age of link in WW but I heard it to be more like 13. But who knows. Well I agree with this theory and It makes sense when you put two and two together. It also explains why mido is the only one who is a total d-bag to link and now one else really is. After all Mido is the only one who puts link down and more importantly doesn't let him see the Deku tree, he doesn't want him to be a hero. Most of this is out of jealousy. Link has saria, is requestd by name by the deku tree, and for the most part has lots of friends(I'm assuming). What I mean by friends is that if you look at it from above, it seems as if most people are happy for link when he first gets his fairy for the first time, granted probably not best friends but aquantences at least. Mido really still sees link as a loser and doessn't really get why people are happy for him. hopefully this makes sense lol

Kybyrian

@Kybyrian Actualy I beleive she ment she thought he was different because he did not have a fairy until he was ten.

That's how I thought at first, Ember, but isn't it that every Kokiri that leaves the forest is destined to die and become a skull kid? She certainly wouldn't have let Link leave with that fate awaiting him.

T

Triforce Eden

Well, we'd really need to know the legal age in Hyrule to really know if Saria's a cradle robber. I'd like to say Saria is somewhere in the hundreds in terms of age, but there really is no proof for that. It's just what I think.

And, if Link was Adult Link and Saria were to go out, I don't see anything wrong with that. I know what you're thinking "But, if Young Link is 10, that means Adult Link is only 17! Still not legal!". Well, as I said before, we don't know what the legal age in Hyrule is, but the fact that He's called Adult Link implies that he is an adult and of the legal age.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I thought at first, Ember, but isn't it that every Kokiri that leaves the forest is destined to die and become a skull kid? She certainly wouldn't have let Link leave with that fate awaiting him.
Well, he got the fairy late, so she could tell that he is not a kokiri.
@Truforce Eden I agree completely!
@ghmaster29 Adult Link is canonicly 17. So, young Link is 10. I do think that Link from MM might be a little older than Young Link. But like atmost two years, at minimum, no difference in age.

Kybyrian

Well, he got the fairy late, so she could tell that he is not a kokiri.

I get what you're saying, I thought at first you were saying that she simply knew that he was different(not necessarily meaning he wasn't Kokiri) because he didn't have a fairy right away.

If she did indeed think somewhat that Link was not a Kokiri, then her suspicions would have been confirmed upon him leaving the forest. Though it's still possible that she was told that he wasn't a Kokiri, but I guess it's one of those things you can never find out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom