• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Princess Zelda's Role?

Princess Zelda's Role, what do you want it to be?

• Captured by Ganon or another arch-enemy (traditional!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighting in disguise like Sheik or Tetra (sorta traditional)

• Guiding link through telepathy, as a disembodied spirit, or otherwise playing the "Navi" role

• Reigning as Princess in Hyrule, with the kingdom in peril...

• Love interest for Link...Link and Zelda sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g

• No Zelda! Keep her out of it for a change (still time to change your mind Aonuma!)

• Other...please tell us what you have in mind

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think it'd be interesting if she both played the Navi role (hopefully not giving you such useless advice as pressing A in front of doors to open them) and fought in disguise like Tetra or Shiek.

Like, she would go around Hyrule doing her own thing (possibly occasionally teaming up with Link for dungeons or something) all the while guiding him through telepathy. Personally, I find that very appealing (especially the possibility of teaming up with Zelda).

Zelda has already been a lot of stuff: pirate, princess, sidekick, childhood friend, wizard, useless, etc; but she still has to play one of the most obvious roles for her: to be the girl in love with Link.

Seriously, I think it's time for Nintendo to finally do this.

As it says in the trailer for the "soon to be released Starcraft 2":

"HELL! It's about time!"

I want Zelda to help Link in his journey. In Spirit Tracks Zelda was actually helping Link throughout his adventure and giving him hints about what to do next. That was one of the things I loved about Spirit Tracks, instead of just telling Link what to do and letting him do it himself she helped you progress. I would love to see Zelda help Link out again.

Beeker

Wild Card
My guess is that she is (or will become if this game does reveal the beginnings of the Royal Family) the princess of the land below the clouds, which is in peril and falling apart.

Zelda has already been a lot of stuff: pirate, princess, sidekick, childhood friend, wizard, useless, etc; but she still has to play one of the most obvious roles for her: to be the girl in love with Link.

Seriously, I think it's time for Nintendo to finally do this.

As it says in the trailer for the "soon to be released Starcraft 2":

"HELL! It's about time!"

You've just said exacty what I'm thinking, my friend. There are only few games that even imply romance between the two. If this actually happenned, I'd probably freak.(and I think it's funny that it's the second most wanted thing in the poll:P)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think there is a 0% chance that Zelda and Link will be in love.

What, I would like to see is for her to be the Princess of Hyrule, tending to the kingdom while her father is sick and dying...at the same time, the kingdom is under assault from dark forces. Link works to collect the triforce and protect her. Zelda uses her powers and that of the triforce to keep make her and Link's spirits reincarnate whenever danger arises, thus explaining why they keep coming back to life.

It would be really interesting to see that she is the Zelda who has the sleep spell casted on her in the AoL backstory. That would actually be pretty epic. It would make some sense since the game is supposed to be like an origin story of sorts.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I love Zelda. But, I don't think Nintendo needs to follow the trend of making the girl character a fighter just to avoid a cliche. Zelda's already been a mysterious ninja-like guide, she's been a sassy seabrat pirate, and she's even been a hulking suit of butt-kicking armor. I miss the damsel in distress role, to be honest. Call me oldschool, but I rather enjoy rescuing the fair maiden when it comes to the whole medieval-type setting. I'm not saying I don't like her more aggressive roles, but.... I'd like to see some old roles return. She was the classic princess trapped atop the highest tower in Twilight Princess, but we hardly saw her. Waste of the damsel in distress role, in my opinion.

I loved Sheik and Tetra, and even Alphonse Elric-wannabe. But this time around, I'm hoping she reassumes the damsel in distress role. Elegant and fragile can be a very lovely character type, however cliche it may be.

Regardless of what sort of role she assumes this time, though, I get the feeling that we won't be seeing much screentime for her.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't think I would care for the most part how Zelda may be used within the game - as long as it makes sense anyway, but I have two thoughts going around in my head right now regarding how I think she could be used.
The first is like OoT, with Zelda in disguise until the end of the game when BAM. Obviously I wouldn't want it to be exactly like this, but it would be nice to be all 'OMG that was Zelda?' or 'Golly Gee, what a surprising Plot Twist.'
The second would work best if the game is one of those 'looks like it will be short but is actually a lot longer' games. Zelda gets captured at the begining of the game, and you save her a little later on, so you're thinking 'Oh, the game is over' when BAM - you're only like half through the game. Now, I haven't thought about what her role could be after this point, but it would probably be able to be a little open as long as she remained important.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
So, #1 & #2 are "reigning as princess with the kingdom in peril" and "love interest"...the two things that she has never been. Interesting. I am really surprised people want them to fall in love. I think there is almost no chance of it...but I do think they will follow up on Spirit Tracks by giving her a stronger personality.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I think she will play a minor but vital role like in OoT, for some reason I think this game will focus more on Link's mysterious sidekick, or at least more so than the princess. Although i could be wrong, but it just seems Hyrule is already in grave danger when then game starts so most likely Zelda will be in hiding or doing next to nothing about the destruction of her kingdom, because she had a vision of a hero in green desscending from the sky. lol silly girls.

I love Zelda. But, I don't think Nintendo needs to follow the trend of making the girl character a fighter just to avoid a cliche. Zelda's already been a mysterious ninja-like guide, she's been a sassy seabrat pirate, and she's even been a hulking suit of butt-kicking armor. I miss the damsel in distress role, to be honest.

This is a good point, Nintendo has proven that she does not HAVE to be anything, and maybe it would be nice to see a return to the old "damsel in distress".

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I would like zelda to have the same role as spirit tracks to team up with link she was awesome in spirit tracks rather then the damsel in distress.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I would like to see Zelda be captured by the villain at some point. To at least put a touch of classic Zelda back into the series. Hopefully by Ganondorf (Ganon).

Eh, but it's been sooo over-done. I know it is classic and all, but it feels pase. It is just too predictable...plus it is already the plot of every Mario game. They can do much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom