• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Huge Disappointment So Far!

G

Gabbe92

I've been playing Zelda games since 1998 and my first game was Ocarina of Time. And I do not think I need to explain why zelda become my favorite console games!

So far, they have three games which is really good in my opinion! (World class game)

1st Ocarina of Time
2nd Majora's mask
Third Twilight Princess

So why not Wind Waker in this list? or the original Legend of Zelda on gameboy and so on.

Because the graphics are not good enough to enjoy the game or even worth a try. I do not mean that the graphics have to be really good or even be near Ps2/Ps3 and xbox! But good enough to be playable.
Take MM or oot for example, there is nothing special about those things but the graphics are still more realistic than the cartoon look.

Therefore Wind Waker, which had good gameplay, or maybe great gameplay is not as fun as a really good game should be!

A good play must have three important things and in that order!

1st Gameplay
2nd Graphics
Third Storyline

skyward sword has just focus on gameplay, the story but missed the graphics! I mean come on it looks like a crap game signed! If I want a crap cartoon game I will go and buy one! But I expect more of a Zelda game that they have worked with over the last 4-5 years.

I think this is a big step back from the previous, Twillight Princess! Why can they not have the same graphics as TP or work even better for sword skyward? And if they want to focus more on the game, I say fine, but do not image as a stupid cartoon game! Anyway keep it oot and MM level!

And I know you will say "not about the graphics" and I am not, I say that there is much of a good game! Do not miss one of three part and the game is lost.

An example of another game. Jak and Dexter, as you might have played on PS2? The first three are really good, is one of the best games I've played for Zelda ofc. But in the fourth game, changing the developer and Jak will never be as before! they have changed the graphics and gameplay, and also to charthers somthing awful. And I'm afraid it will happen now that Zelda Skyward sword placed 2011th

And another thing about swords skyward. Mushrooms in a Zelda game? Mario eye one one Zelda game? what's up whit that? This isen't Mario and do not mix these games ever. I have been doing wrong?

Unfortunately, I think Zelda games will die out after sword skyward. I was very ecxited For the next Zelda game after the fantastic TP. And now, after having waited four years for the next one and saw the trailer got my heart broken!

I will always be a Zelda fan but if they release the game now, I am disappointed. what did they think of? What have they done in recent years? And how can they do something like this for a Zelda game? are my questions.

This is my opinion, what is yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I disagree with this 17841274047 %. Video games are not about graphics. Though I do in fact prefer the darker Zelda games (MM, TP) I still absolutely love TWW. It's an amazing game. It sounds like you haven't actually played it. I know many people just disregarded it as a childish game without even trying it when really, it's just as great. In fact, I love it even MORE than OoT or TP. It's got a great story, music, characters, sidequests, originality, humor and it's beautiful. Looking back at all the past Zelda games, I think TWW was by far the best looking in my opinion. But like you said, that was YOUR opinion as well, and if you think that it looks bad, I can respect that. I don't respect that all you care about in a game are the graphics..

Skyward Sword however, looks like the BEST Zelda game (or just plain best looking game period.) graphics-wise IMO. It's absolutely stunning the way they blended two beautiful styles like that. It looks like a painting. If you want realistic, go outside into a forest or swim in a REAL lake. How often do you see a game like that? Never. It's original and differentiates itself from other games. (I do agree with you on the mushroom thing though. Looks like a Mario game)

Skyward Sword has so much more to offer than graphics though. It's got revolutionary controls, harder to defeat enemies, a more natural, quicker item selection. and the story so far sounds pretty interesting. The graphics don't make a game good or bad.

Just because something is bright and colorful doesn't make it crappy. In fact, the graphics are the least of my concerns. Even though I think they're beautiful, I would buy it regardless. (BTW, they said the game is going to look considerably better then the demo.)

Last edited:

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
Fail. The graphics are fine, and it's an impressionist art style, a combination of WW's cel-shading and TP's realism. Also, zelda 1 was made in 1986, of course it's going to have 8-bit graphics. WW's cel-shading was designed to appeal to a younger audience, and TP had a darker, more mature art style.

In OoT, Malon has a bowser pendant, and Talon and Ingo are made to look like Mario and Luigi. Hell, Link's Awakening is the king of nintendo game references, and you haven't complained about any of that, have you? Skyward Sword's art style is unique, and the gameplay is brilliant. If you think a game isn't enjoyable and not worth playing because of the graphics, then you have serious issues.

P.S. Learn to spell.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
We haven't seen much of the actuall images. They are Images and might look better on the screen. And personally I am not a fan of the Cartoon look in WW but honestly I don't think this graphic will be that bad. Before jumping to conclusions, the game may be better then in appears at theese stages. And about the Mushrooms, This Hyrule is more primitive so Large Ungrowth is kind of expected... Like more dense forests to Navagate. The colors and shading Lean toward Ocarina of Time but with more of a bright approach. The game is bright and suppose to be colorful.This is somthing new and should be given a chance before judgements are made.

listen, you may have been gaming for a long time, but you still have a lot to learn. like the facts that graphics don't matter at all. you're gonna call this game crappy? you haven't even played the game and you're basing it off of graphics! if graphics matter THAT much to you then why do you even play nintendo games? i can tell you this: you are NOT a huge zelda fan if you say one sucks just because of it's graphics. i'm done.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
So why aren't Wind Waker in this list? or the orginal legend of zelda on gameboy and so on.

Beacuse the graphic isen't good enof to enyoy the games or even worth to try it out.

Wow--this is soooo wrong, and I pity you because you are missing out on some really good games!

Legend of Zelda: The first game in the series, naturally, has the worst graphics, but it is still my favorite and so worth playing even today. It does the best job of having an "open world" and is the forerunner to all the Zelda games and even other "sandbox games" like Grand Theft Auto. No LoZ; no GTA. It's that simple. Plus, the music and gameplay in this game are still really fun and engaging. This is a game that once you beat it you really get a feeling of accomplishment.

Adventure of Link: This game also has horrible graphics by today's standards...but boy is it fun. All-in-all it has the best boss battles of any Zelda game (Dark Link and the Thunderbird are all-time best boss battles). It also has killer music and the combat system is as much fun as any in any other 8-bit game.

A Link to the Past: The graphical style in this game still hods up today. Yeah, it's a bit cartoony, but the colors are bold and the artwork is really classic looking, really nice. Again, this game is tons of fun, and has the second best overworld (in terms of openness) of any of the Zeldas. Again, great music.

Wind Waker: I was very disappointed in the graphical style of this game when it was released, it was such a letdown from OoT, and I did not play it because of this until last year. Boy was I wrong! The graphics in this game are beautiful! It looks like a Disney movie (like Aladdin or something) and is really engaging once you get into it...now, the sailing mechanic is over-used to the point where it almost kills the game, but the artwork is pretty timeless.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that I think look horrible in what I have seen from Skyward Sword so far:

• The trees look lake crap. They look like paper trees from a lousy diorama , they are just aweful. They need to give them a more plush, bushy, leafy feel.
  • The Bokoblins look a little goofy. Their heads are too big.
  • Link looks a little girly.

But, overall, this is easily the best looking Zelda of any so far. No, it is not as realistic as TP, but since Nintendo can't pull off realistic graphics on the Wii that can stand up to games on the other systems it is really smart that they are going with a stylized graphical style...

Give SS a chance, I bet it will hold up much better in terms of graphics a decade down the road than God of War 3 or any other game with a realistic graphical style that get's released this year.

Kirino

Tatakae
The game is gonna look way better when it comes out.Also Cell-Shaded does NOT equal childish.And Realistic does NOT equal good.(it can,but i'm making a point)This game looks like a painting.It looks amazing.The gameplay will be amazing,and so will the story.Besides,Zelda will NOT end after this.This game will be a huge success.Besides,with games getting more "real" Nintendo will be pretty much forced to make Zelda more "real".And saying a games not even worth trying because of graphics is complete and utter bull s**t.You want good graphics?Go play MW then,cause you are obviously not a true Zelda fan.I'm finished.

G

Gabbe92

First of all ZeldaHam! i know my english isen't perfect, thanks for notice that! But i have done pretty well in my life even if i dont got perfect english as you claim. I run 3 company and have also made millions on playing poker for you notice! so next time be carefully what you say to people when you probally just sitting home and do nothing day in and out! Grow up and get yourself a job! CAVIL down on other people is just as cowardly it can be!

Now to Zelda. I don't say graphic is evreything but it is a big part really. I mean if you add the graphics to Skyward Sword the game will be much better and more fun to play. dont you think? Zelda games are almost perfect and when i saw the graphics it's was kinda disappointing if you guys know what i mean?

Maby i got wrong, maby WW is a good game and Skyward sword will be a great game! But like i said before this is just my oppinion so don't get uppset about it :) Life is to short for that :) And maby i'm not a huge zelda fan if i shall be comparable to some of you guys :). So please don't get me wrong i'll just write what my oppinion is and if i got totally wrong is good to know :)

My best regards

// Gabbe

Last edited by a moderator:

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Now to Zelda. I don't say graphic is evreything but it is a big part really. I mean if you add the graphics to Skyward Sword the game will be much better and more fun to play. dont you think? Zelda games are almost perfect and when i saw the graphics it's was kinda disappointing if you guys know what i mean?

I know what you mean, but you said that you would want TP-like graphics...well, I don't think TP's graphics were nearly as good as SS. A lot of the textures in TP were really muddy and dark and repetitive. So far SS has much bolder and better defined colors, and significantly more detail.

Yes, if the graphics were better it would be better...but so far SS has the best graphics of any Zelda and you have to remember they are limited by the Wii...

That said, I was hoping it would look like Super Mario Galaxy, and I don't think Skyward Sword looks nearly as good as Super Mario Galaxy.

Kirino

Tatakae

It was kinda dissapointing?You said this game was horrible and this was going to be the end of Zelda.You basiclly hate this game and aren't even giving it a chance.I think "kinda dissapointing" is a bit of an understament.Also i wouldn'd be too disappointed about graphics cause theyr'e gonna look way better when the game comes out.

If graphics make a game then grammar and proper spelling make the post. I mean, who cares about game storyline or post content? It's all stupid if it's ugly!

Honestly, I wouldn't take this guy too seriously. He obviously didn't pass 3rd grade.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
  • The trees look lake crap. They look like paper trees from a lousy diorama , they are just aweful. They need to give them a more plush, bushy, leafy feel.
  • The Bokoblins look a little goofy. Their heads are too big.
  • Link looks a little girly.

HAHA. But the trees always look.. Off. But still the leave bunches are off I agree! And Link is always a little femine with his floppy blond hair. And personally I'm glad the Bokoblins look retarted beacuse they are anoyying to kill and I just runs past the anyways and they make weird sounds that make me mute my Tv. Your comment made me laugh anyways.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
First of all ZeldaHam! i know my english isen't perfect, thanks for notice that! But i have done pretty well in my life even if i dont got perfect english as you claim. I run 3 company and have also made millions on playing poker for you notice! so next time be carefully what you say to people when you probally just sitting home and do nothing day in and out! Grow up and get yourself a job! CAVIL down on other people is just as cowardly it can be!

Maby i got wrong, maby WW is a good game and Skyward sword will be a great game! But like i said before this is just my oppinion so don't get uppset about it :) Life is to short for that :) And maby i'm not a huge zelda fan if i shall be comparable to some of you guys :). So please don't get me wrong i'll just write what my oppinion is and if i got totally wrong is good to know :)

My best regards

// Gabbe

The graphics, as everyone has said before, isn't the main point, or even a BIG point of a game, unless the director of the game had some problems with his/her mind. Your opinion can't be right in any respect, since you are basing the game off graphics alone for the most part. SS's graphics don't luck as bad as TP's. TP had a LOT of blurry textures, and they were EASILY noticed, Wii version or not. SS's were easily cleared up, and they don't look bad in any respect, I have no idea what ANY is talking about when they say the trees look bad.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
You're on the cusp of trolling here, good sir. And from the looks of it, you joined ZD just to make this thread. First of all, there are plenty of discussions on this topic if you would've looked around a bit.. Secondly, it's already been stated that the area shown at E3, the one with the dreaded mushrooms, won't be in the final game, so cool your jets.

I'll be honest, my first impressions of the trailer left me a little dumbstruck, but I got over it when I realized two things. One, Nintendo knows what they're doing and two, when have I ever stopped in the middle of an engaging game to think about how the graphics are influencing my gameplay? Never. On your TP point, hey pal, I loved TP's dark realistic art style and graphics. Loved it to pieces. Then, I played WW (a fantastic game that you unfairly banish) I thought I would hate the toony graphics. Lo and behold, I loved it as well. Know why? Because the art styles and graphics fit the storylines and tones of those two respective games.

When you concern yourself with this silly "3 part system" that you've concocted, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Different aspects of a game aren't meant to be dissected individually, they should come together to enhance the gaming experience as a whole. What the point of even making this complaint when you haven't even played WW and other "graphically inferior" games? How can you even make a fair comparison?

G

Gabbe92

i wouldn'd be too disappointed about graphics cause theyr'e gonna look way better when the game comes out.

Belive me i hope you got right. And did you guys notice if somone make a thread about somthing bad about a zelda game. Evreyone starts protecting Zelda and telling me that i am not a " Real Zelda Fan" pretty fun to see :) That was the hole idea about this thread to awake some serious feeling here!! :) And i know that i exaggerated alot in my first post, but that was the hole point! So continue to protecting zelda and write some more post about the new game Skyward Sword!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom