• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Are you reading Children of Hurin and Fall of Gondolin? I know it seems like a bad question but I ask because their stories are technically part of the Silmarillion.
I generally read The Silmarillion then I move to The Hobbit then Lord of the Rings.

There's other Tolkien works I want to get, namely his Unfinished Tales, Beren and Lúthien, and such.

I think the only ones I don't have are Beren and Lúthien and the Unfinished Tales.

There's other assorted guide books, lore books, and such that I have for LOTR, but I generally stick to JRR Tolkien's writings.

I'm re-reading "Buffy the vampire slayer: The lost slayer omnibus" by Christopher Golden (the four volumes were collected in one omnibus; "Prophecies", "Dark times", "King of the dead" and "Original sins", it's 592 pages long). I borrowed it from the public library.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Synopsis:

"Buffy Summers's adjustment to life at U.C. Sunnydale has not gone smoothly. She feels awkward, insecure, and jealous that Willow's all over the college life. So when she is visited by a prophecy of impending danger, the timing couldn't be worse. There's plenty of evil afoot as it is: a unified troop of vampires has descended upon Sunnydale, and tension between Buffy and Willow gets in the way of demon hunting.

Before long, a single moment of bad judgment catapults Buffy into an alternate future dimension where vampires reign supreme. Imprisoned in the body of her 24-year-old self -- and confronting friends and foes the likes of which she'd never imagined -- the Slayer must uncover her past misstep and correct it, or risk facing a terrifying monster that she herself has created..."

I read this novel years ago and now I'm re-visiting it for the second time. I freaking love it.

I'm just very disappointed that we didn't get 4 TV series episodes or a 2 hours and a half movie based on this tetralogy. I wish I could have seen this one on screen. That would have been slightly similar to "The wish" season 3 but also very different, maybe even more scary, seeing as the bad guy in this one is far more intelligent and cruel than The Master.

"Author Christopher Golden

This episode's guest is Christopher Golden, author of THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN (http://amzn.to/1XcjZtl), SNOWBLIND (http://amzn.to/27oXqX1), and many other books. He has also written BUFFY books and comics. Golden is very prolific.":

Christopher Golden is a great and very prolific writer.

He's a talented and amazing writer who contributed great stories to the universe of one of the greatest hit TV series ever and he wrote the scripts for two great video game based on this great hit TV series.

I love his "Buffy the vampire slayer" novels, they're all great.

- "Halloween Rain"
- "Blooded"
- "Child of the hunt"
- "The Gatekeeper trilogy" (there's a trilogy boxed set and the title of the three volumes are; "Out of the madhouse", "Ghost roads" and "Sons of entropy")
- "Immortal"
- "Sins of the father"
- "Spike and Dru: pretty maids all in a row"
- "The lost slayer" (a tetralogy in four volumes, those four volumes were also collected in one omnibus, the titles of the four volumes are; "Prophecies", "Dark times", "King of the dead", and "Original sins")
- "Oz: Into the wild"
- "The wisdom of war"
- "Monster island"
- "Dark congress"

I love all of them, especially; "Halloween rain", "Child of the hunt", "Sins of the father", "The lost slayer omnibus", "Oz: Into the wild", and "Dark congress". I used to have them on my own personal bookshelf, but an accident happened and I no longer have them. But I'm planning to buy another copy of each of those six books.

He also wrote the script for the "Buffy the vampire slayer" Xbox video game and the "Buffy the vampire slayer: Chaos bleeds" video game (two of my top favorite video games):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcwCkyPpLPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhWy6kRwwM

Thank you, Christopher Golden, for contributing great stories to the "Buffy the vampire slayer" universe, one of the greatest cult TV series ever.

To all the fans of the TV show out there who are considering getting the TV series, buy the DVDs/originals and stay as far away from the HD remaster as possible, the HD remaster sucks and there's so many problems with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZWNGq70Oyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F28XcxHxH6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58TXdFxHu58

Edit

March 30 2023,

I'm currently reading "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Visitors", by Laura Anne Gilman and Joseph Sherman. It's a good book (pretty much all the BTVS novels are great novels and I'm revisiting some of them). I'm trying to figure out where this one takes place in the chronology. In this one, there's a mention of Kendra being deceased and Oz and Cordelia are still living in Sunnydale and dating Willow and Xander respectively. And Joyce knows that Buffy is the slayer and Buffy is back in Sunnydale. And Giles is furious because some Watcher from the council has been sent and Giles is rather hostile and cold with the other Watcher (a guy named Gerald Panner) and seems to worry about Buffy's safety. So I'd say this story takes place during season 3, post Cruciamentum, but before Faith's arrival because Faith isn't in this novel. So this story takes place somewhere between the episode "Helpless" and the episode "Faith, Hope and Trick".

Last edited:
Currently "reading" Rhythm of War by BrandoSando. Decided a while back to give the Cosmere a try and have been listening to them on Audible in an order I found online. Loving the whole collection so far, but Stormlight Archives is really hitting me different due to Kaladin's experiences and feelings somewhat mirroring my own when I was a nuke mechanic in the Navy. Some of the things he says and thinks make me go "aw jeez, dude, are you me?" I also relate to some of Shallan's stuff, too. On top of that, Kate Reading and Michael Kramer are some of the best in the biz when it comes to narration. Overall having a great, if sometimes bittersweet, time with it.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Just started reading The Iliad, and not gonna lie it's kinda fire. This is probably the oldest piece of literature I've tried to read but it's easy to follow and hops right into the action.
If you want to try other staples of western civ I read Metamorphoses or The Golden Ass written by Apuleius for a school assignment and it was interesting as well

I personally liked the Odyssey more than the Iliad because hector sucks and Odysseus is based but everyone knows the Odyssey exists already

Currently "reading" Rhythm of War by BrandoSando. Decided a while back to give the Cosmere a try and have been listening to them on Audible in an order I found online. Loving the whole collection so far, but Stormlight Archives is really hitting me different due to Kaladin's experiences and feelings somewhat mirroring my own when I was a nuke mechanic in the Navy. Some of the things he says and thinks make me go "aw jeez, dude, are you me?" I also relate to some of Shallan's stuff, too. On top of that, Kate Reading and Michael Kramer are some of the best in the biz when it comes to narration. Overall having a great, if sometimes bittersweet, time with it.
ONE OF US

Kaladin is the most relatable fictional character in the history of literature

And he just keeps getting better

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Still looking for my sylphrena sadly
But it means so much to me when the character in the book has a thought or expresses a feeling that completely mirrors my internal conflicts
Sanderson gets life, man
In a way so few authors do, even with their mastery of literature
"Don't write what you know, write what you love."

I'm reading an old EU Star Wars novel, "Choices of one" by Timothy Zahn.

And I'm reading with those nice Animal Crossing ambience videos in the background as it is the perfect ambience for reading, studying, relaxing, etc:

I still have either Choices of One or that other Mara Jade with the rogue stormtrooper group novel. Both are great to read.

in April while ill still be busy with Dune Battle of Corrin, Ill also be busy with reading Star Wars High Republic Fallen Star and that Paperbacks from Hell

I'm reading an old EU Star Wars novel, "Choices of one" by Timothy Zahn.

And I'm reading with those nice Animal Crossing ambience videos in the background as it is the perfect ambience for reading, studying, relaxing, etc:

I never got super far into the old EU, but I did read the Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss and really liked those. Death Troopers was also interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom