• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TotK Second Trailer

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
It would be crazy if it were anything else, tbh. It's got that same skeletal frame, prominent rib cage, and creepy-as-heck face.
Imagine trying to stealth your way around these guys... I'm getting a chill down my spine just thinking of it.
I also like the consistency with the rotting flesh on ReDead and ol’ Maybe Ganondorf.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am convinced this should have been called Legend of Zelda: Nuts N Bolts but I enjoyed the trailer quite a lot!

I think Ganondorf from this doesn't actually sound bad considering my low opinion of the English voice acting in the first game. I believe it is Matthew Mercer who is providing the voice this time. Unfortunately Zelda herself is worse than I remember so it's going to be a Japanese Playthrough for me. I actually watched the Japanese trailer also and I hear it is Taiten Kusunoki providing the voice this time who is my favourite Ganondorf voice, he features in Hyrule Warriors, so I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

I am excited for the ReDead looking enemies and this flaming staldra which appears to be a variant of the enemy we see in Skyward Sword. Another undead type enemy makes perfect sense.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I am convinced this should have been called Legend of Zelda: Nuts N Bolts but I enjoyed the trailer quite a lot!

I think Ganondorf from this doesn't actually sound bad considering my low opinion of the English voice acting in the first game. I believe it is Matthew Mercer who is providing the voice this time. Unfortunately Zelda herself is worse than I remember so it's going to be a Japanese Playthrough for me. I actually watched the Japanese trailer also and I hear it is Taiten Kusunoki providing the voice this time who is my favourite Ganondorf voice, he features in Hyrule Warriors, so I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

I am excited for the ReDead looking enemies and this flaming staldra which appears to be a variant of the enemy we see in Skyward Sword. Another undead type enemy makes perfect sense.
Staldra OR Gleeok.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So let's go through scene by scene cuz this trailer has a LOT to unpack.

0:05 - we see a very dark and stormy scene of hyrule and the weird green glowy thing we saw sneaking a peek at the very end of the previous trailer. that one was near a stable. those are theorized to be fueling stations for links new robot arm or the phials on his hip or something. we also see death mountain spittin malice in the bg again

0:10 - thanks to the lightning we can see that this is a scene of the military training camp. theres bokos around and also flying monsters seen up close after we saw them teased in the last trailer. are they helmarocs?

0:15 - some towers and a pattern illuminated in the darkness. WHAT ARE YOU?

0:24 - a shot of a floating island over the craters next to rito village. there is a new structure there. it kinda looks like the remains of vah medoh to me but it could be something else :eyes:

0:25 - a completely new area? hard to tell where this is exactly. it looks like some bokos are mining a stone talus? plus theres some blue ghostly flames flickering on the ground, and some new flora in the bg. so interesting.

0:30 - new enemy on the bridge of hylia! possibly gleeok??? whatever it is, it looks sick. also we hear (probably) ganon talking for the first time. damn. what a good voice.

0:35 - a shot of hateno from the perspective of the ancient tech lab. we see a green glowy thing here, but in the darkness of the night its hard to discern if theres anything else notable about this scene.

0:39 - a shot of link looking up at the blood moon. its hard to tell where this is exactly, but i suspect this is the spot of a little ruin from akkala's side of death mountain, due to the ocean and single mountain in the bg. possibly.

0:42 - THE BLOOD MOON RISES! story cutscene time babey

0:47 - we see globs of malice rain down on the great plateau, which we later see turn into monsters

0:48 - it is so hard to tell whats happening here, but this looks like zelda's sealing power? battling ganon and/or his malice? hmmm.

0:50 - some volcanic looking rocks exploding? not enough to tell whats really happening here.

0:56 - among the enemies spawning we see what looks like a re-dead! also a new type of bokoblin as shown on the JP twitter for totk which Ill link at the end of this post.

0:58 - link riding by the castle on horseback. we see the storm cloud funnel from the official art pretty prominently here. what IS that...

0:59 - A SWARM OF MOLDUGA??? in what appears to be the little ravine where you meet the giant horse. huh.

1:01 - link getting jumped by guardian arms. theres sheikah eyes and seals in the bg. interesting.

1:02 - new bokoblin rallying his brothers to charge.

1:03 - hinox chasing link through a tunnel.

1:04 - a shot of link paragliding over hyrule ridge. hard to tell if theres anything noteworthy here atm. really big island in the sky tho.

1:05 - link ridin horse through a glowy glyph on hyrule field. seriously what do those DO im so curious... theres also some kind of. Thing. in the bg. but its too dark to tell what it is.

1:08 - helmaroc thing carrying a bokoblin next to the thyphlo ruins which are no longer permanently dark :eyes:

1:09 - link fighting a pack of moblins in that bog that used to have a shrine surrounded by spikes near lanayru bay.

1:10 - link fightin a ROBOT BABY!!! on a sky island

1:14 - cue ganon revival scenes

1:18 - link brooding while zelda talks ominously over a newly effed up hyrule

1:24 - link diving down heroically over the fort hateno field. blatchery plain iirc? to the north we see a malice pit and one of the lightshow towers from 0:15.

1:25 - link running along a cliff overlooking a glyph. we can see a new stone structure as well as a tower in the bg. we can see the great plateau in the distance as well as a stable. its hard to completely accurately place this one for me. i wanna say its somewhere on hyrule field, near the regencia river?

1:27 - link shooting a new type of homing arrow at a helmaroc thing. this looks like its taking place on the field near the forgotten temple.

1:28 - now we come to what is quite possibly my favorite moment in the trailer. LINK IS SHIELD SURFING ON A RAIL SONIC STYLE!!! HOW COOL IS THIS!!! we can see it is on death mountain, above the climbing trail. the extreme heat is gone it looks like? we see the mine carts we could ride before and a new type of boulder within this enemy camp. i love how long this rail looks i want to grind it all the way down. can we get rail canyon from sonic heroes but totk please?

1:30 - a puzzle on a sky island with link using his new robot arm. reminds me of magnesis.

1:31 - link using a new weapon to fling an explosive at a stone talus in an underground cavern. it looks like this weapon could be classified as a two handed weapon in botw terms, judging by the animation being the same as a two hander jump attack.

1:33 - WHO ARE YOU? ARE YOU HYLIA?

1:36 - maybe link just upgraded his arm?

1:39 - link discovering a wheel in the muck on the great plateau...

1:40 - ... WHICH WE THEN SEE USED ON THIS FLINTSTONES ZONAI CAR???? WE CAN BUILD THESE THINGS FROM SCRATCH??? which also probably means theyre breakable. this is so fascinating. we get a shot of a hot air balloon and a fan contraption too which i am assuming link also built himself. wow.

1:48 - link rides his horse into the sunset. we see fallen sky blocks, and another block currently falling.... and cue title card.

1:58 - we see an already-malice-stricken master sword in link's hand, and another malice tendril shoots off from ganon corpse at link.

2:00 - cut to link already having the messed up arm which he didnt have a second ago, so i think they jumped ahead a bit here and spliced the scenes together cleverly.

2:01 - ok it is very hard to be sure. but. it looked like link just tossed aside the master sword as he chased after zelda. damn. :eyes:

2:07 - dramatic slow-mo action scene. (but we all know how this ends because we see zelda fall in the start of a previous teaser lol)

And that covers it. Phew! here's that new character art that was shown on twitter!

8e9e4c43b9a581f52ebbef83ae3fd82bbd8f309a.jpg

7d8fdf4e319abb0b0be3e89b025ebdc8facf169a.jpg

265e9e4dffffc1d8d4b0a4d70beddfb2e6a404c4.jpg

Also the NoA twitter revealed some amiibo functionality! we get paraglider customization! cute. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1623458029332054017?s=20

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom