• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most unusual thing you have eaten

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My grandfather was serving in Malaysia and enjoying the local 'chicken' curries. He found them delicious and the meat succulent. One day he found an unusual bone in his dish which did not resemble anything from a chicken, he took this bone to his friend who was a vet on the RAF base who identified which animal it belonged to. It was in fact a bone from one of the local species of monkey! My grandfather did not trust the curries after that.

I have never eaten a monkey myself but I have tried a few interesting things such as ants and crickets which aren't bad but certainly nothing to get excited over. Probably the most interesting is a Zebra which makes a delicious steak. I have also had crocodile which makes a great meat for curry.

What is the most interesting or unnusual food you have tried? If you live in the UK and ate any Tesco 'beef' ready meals that came out before a few years ago the answer for you is probably horse.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
really haven’t eaten anything unusual in my life because I’m such a picky eater. haven’t even had a bite of seafood because I’m so grossed out by it. had an uncle offer me $50 if I took one bite of lobster, but I wouldn’t do it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I ate Squidward a few years back. It tasted like ...nothing but that was to be expected when you're that moody everyday :D
I ate rabbit in Greece and Deer. Actually Deer is pretty tasty when prepared well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom