• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gag gifts

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Do you ever give people funny gifts for the holidays? Something that you know that they’re gonna find funny, be it just from the absurdity of it all or just referencing an inside joke? It doesn’t have to be for Christmas, it can be for any occasion.

My sister and I started a yearly tradition last year where we try to buy $20 worth of awful gifts for each other, this year I got her a single birthday cake sparkler in the shape of the number four, a baby book about dancing like a turkey, a $2 board game that she already owns, a shovelware game for a system she doesn’t own, and something I found at Target called a “penguin maker” that didn’t show any sort of context on the package.

In return she got me a dvd of “The Adventures of Clutch Powers,” a VHS collection of a series of American Civil War documentaries, a stuffed squirrel, a plastic cup with a picture of a hula dancing minion, and a shirt that says “no pants are the best pants” that’s way too small for me.

I think we agreed that I won this year.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
This isn't really about the gift itself, but I'm one of those people who can't bring themselves to rip the wrapping paper off of gift, I have to go and carefully remove each piece of tape. My parents once gave me a huge wrapped present... inside was a slightly smaller wrapped present... I swear there had to have been at least like 20 boxes all just wrapped inside of each other, it was awful. After like ten minutes I finally got to the real present. A gift card.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
This isn't really about the gift itself, but I'm one of those people who can't bring themselves to rip the wrapping paper off of gift, I have to go and carefully remove each piece of tape. My parents once gave me a huge wrapped present... inside was a slightly smaller wrapped present... I swear there had to have been at least like 20 boxes all just wrapped inside of each other, it was awful. After like ten minutes I finally got to the real present. A gift card.
Did they do that specifically because of your wrapping paper thing or just to be weird?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I always wrap potatoes and hide them in my family's present pile. It is a tradition for me to do it every year.

We also buy each other gifts from Poundland such as shampoos, soaps and toothpastes. These are nice stocking fillers and give something to unwrap that will get used.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My parents once took one of my old dolls and wrapped her parts seperately. It looked like I got many gifts (before receiving my REAL gifts). I was mad as hell at the time but now I laugh my ass off when thinking about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom