• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate Your Day

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
3/10

GOOD GOD
Why?

So...
We had only three people assigned to my shift, myself included, for ~some reason~ that defies all logic.
Oh sure. A hospital with a mental health ward and a trauma/urgent care focus on the emergency department that attracts addicts so at all times we have 1/4 of our 353 combined rooms are full of people that are not all mentally there and are likely to cause problems at ANY moment ~should most DEFINITELY only have two security guards and a security supervisor on staff for a twelve hour period~.

Needless to say, we were so busy that it took me 3.5 hours to write a report for an event that lasted only 45 minutes BECAUSE there were constant interruptions that required our attention.

Who approved of three of my staff members going on vacation at the same time? It's bad enough that my fourth person that wasn't on shift is out stick with a sinus infection.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
3/10

LOOKS LIKE A REPEAT OF YESTERDAY !!!
Two people called out for sick leave, one on the shift before mine and one on my actual shift.
But that is not the biggie tho, otherwise this day would so far be an 8/10.

BUT HERE IS THE BIG ISSUE
We have this one guy who knows his schedule and just randomly ignores his workdays in order to go do something else.
My money is that he is out watching a sporting event with friends instead of doing his duty and arriving to his agreed upon shift.
Here's the funny thing - we choose what days we have off of the week.
This guy chose to work weekends, gets scheduled weekends, and then doesn't work weekends.
AND HE ALSO HAS THE NERVE TO SAY "Oh I have two jobs to do, one here and one with Chipotle; so I have to be able to randomly drop shifts at one or the other."

A BS lie because on his first week with us and I came across him while I was out of uniform (my shift had ended so no need to stay all dressed up), he was talking to another co-worker about how he made the excuse of the other job JUST so he could lie and then drop shifts randomly.
When I pointed this out to my supervisors, they pressed him on the matter and he confessed.

SO NOW THE GUY JUST NO-CALL NO-SHOWS WHENEVER HE FEELS LIKE IT AND IS THANKFULLY GOING TO BE FIRED BECAUSE HIS ANTICS ARE CAUSING ONE OF OUR STAFF MEMBERS WHO CANNOT STAY OVER-TIME TO REMAIN ON DUTY AND NOT BE BACK HOME ATTENDING TO A FAMILY MEMBER THAT REQUIRES REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEDICATION!!

AND I CANNOT FIND ANYONE TO COVER FOR THIS GUY'S SHIFT SO I HAD TO SEND ONE OF MY GUYS OVER FROM MY CAMPUS TO THE OTHER CAMPUS TO COVER FOR THIS GAP.

SO NOW I AM DOWN TWO STAFF MEMBERS AT A CAMPUS THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE FOUR MINIMUM !!!

Also, we have a helicopter on the way which is a TWO MAN job that takes roughly an HOUR OF OUR TIME to manage.
I'm stuck at the front desk because we have to man it on evenings and weekends instead of the usual staff members.
The two man job is being done by a SINGLE PERSON.
And hopefully NO ONE CALLS FOR A SECURITY ASSIST OVER THE P.A. WHILE OUR HANDS ARE TIED WITH THIS HELICOPTER !

TL; DR -
tenor.png

EDIT -
To add on top of that.
I got off the clock at 4 AM last night (12 hour shift), got home a little after 6 AM, and I didn't fall asleep.
Couldn't.
Most I could do was lie beneath a heated blanket, close my eyes, and try to physically rest but not be asleep and unconscious.
Currently running off of a 40oz Caramel Dunkin' Iced Coffee.

EDIT No.2 -

ANOTHER HELICOPTER IS ON THE WAY !!!!!!!!!
So lemme get this straight.
We have had a six day period of no helicopters and we usually see only one per day if we get one.
But now, according to my records, we have FOUR HELICOPTERS in ONE DAY !!!!
So now once the other heli takes off a new one will take its place and my rover is going to be tied up for ANOTHER HOUR !!!
So I am not going to get a chance to stop by the cafeteria and I'm going to have to spend ~$20 rather than ~$10 in order to get food today via doordash instead of my employee discounted cafeteria meals!

It is official!
2/10 this day do be and my shift is only two hours in!

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
6/10

I knew that I had to go to a town about an hour away to get my car inspection done, because my car wouldn't pass close to home because I live in a county adjacent to Houston and it's stricter closer to a big city, so I go to the town and the one place that I was pretty confident in that was open Saturday and offered state inspection was closed. I spent probably the next hour darting all over that town, calling places, trying to find places, diving into parking lots to check google maps, it sucked. I finally gave up and stopped by Ace Hardware to pick some stuff up for work, and that went rather well, then I went to Dairy Queen and long story short there, I had to pay a few extra bucks because the cashier made a mistake. Never saw that in my almost 2 years working that industry. But the manager did give Cowboy and I a couple of free ice cream tokens so it kinda all evened out. Then I go back home, it's about 2 at this point, and I am EXHASTED. Rest of the family went to the beach but I skipped that because I needed some time where I wasn't out and about. Basically just sit on the couch staring at my computer for the rest of the day, not super proud of that, but nice to finally have some down time.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
8/10.

Today was a good day. Second monitor does exactly what I expect, which is play shows and movies while the other monitor has a game on, so I just played video games and watched shows and movies all day.

Also did some fun recordings, one a cover of a Metallica song for my father-in-law, and the others are just Bowser's Theme from Super Mario 64, the Victory Theme from Super Mario Bros., Ganondorf's Theme from Zelda, and the Zelda overworld theme.

Mostly to add to my video game music library of cool licks to play on guitar.

It was cold, and dreary. I went out job hunting today. 6 or 7 stores and no one was hiring. It was disheartening.

Otoh a boutique shop I inquired at was having a free drawing and I won somehow. I picked out a pretty Christmas present for my grandma. So I guess it bumped it to a 5/10.

Resized_20221202_124304.jpeg

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
8/10

P good, finished my first semester of student teaching then played puzzle games with friends and went to a band rehearsal. Nothing really to complain about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom