• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I've been sick pretty much all of October because of a sinus infection, so I haven't gotten to do as much stuff for Halloween as I like to. Makes me sad. :c
I had stuffy nose recurringly a few months back (Like it'd get better and then start again). I thought it was common cold and didn't visit the doctor or take any medications. I eventually went to the doctor when my tummy hurt and I said I had stuffy nose. The doctor then said it was actually a sinus infection and prescribed some meds. I'm fine now.

Anyways, Get well soon :kikwi:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hi all im new to ZD forums.

Things on my mind? My wifes due date was yesterday so my thoughts have been on becoming a Dad.

Is it weird my first thought is getting excited about introducing my kid to Mario and Zelda?
How cool is that???? Must be very exciting knowing you're going to be a dad anytime now ;) And welcome here of course. Maybe in a year or 15 or more your kid is going to be a member here as well :D

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I had stuffy nose recurringly a few months back (Like it'd get better and then start again). I thought it was common cold and didn't visit the doctor or take any medications. I eventually went to the doctor when my tummy hurt and I said I had stuffy nose. The doctor then said it was actually a sinus infection and prescribed some meds. I'm fine now.

Anyways, Get well soon :kikwi:

Yeah, I get sinus infections pretty easily especially because of my allergies. Went to the doctor Monday after a couple of weeks of this and got some meds. They were helping for a bit but now I'm feeling pretty crummy again. Glad you're feeling better now!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator

Things on my mind? My wifes due date was yesterday so my thoughts have been on becoming a Dad.

Is it weird my first thought is getting excited about introducing my kid to Mario and Zelda?

Welcome to the forums!

Best wishes to your family for the upcoming birth. Sounds like your kid is gonna have a good childhood with introductions like that!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Is there such a thing as a polite way to ask someone to stop talking? As in, I'm not doing anything, and you're not talking about anything I'm not interested in. But at the same point I would like to continue not doing anything quietly and as such your voice is grating and I would like to kick you out a window please and thank you. I could just say that seeing as it's honest but it also feels just a liiiittle rude.

Ninja

Well well well

Thanks @Chevywolf30!

Oh man, prepare for the wildest **** you have ever been through! The moment you hold your child for the first time, it’s beautiful man, guaranteed tears but 10/10 experience. Here’s some tips to get you through the fourth trimester!
  • Your wife just went through dramatic changes over her pregnancy, and even more so childbirth takes a big toll on her body. Be there for her as much as you can. Take on all the extra side duties you can to make her recovery easier. This is a great time to practice swaddling techniques. It’ll also refine your burrito making skills.
  • Babies cry, A LOT. Understand that they are used to always being fed, always being warm, always being reassured. Once they are born, all that suddenly goes away and their only way of communicating is to cry. Please be as patient as you can, and unless it’s a medical issue, it’s normal for babies just to wail. If you find yourselves getting overwhelmed, as long as the baby is in their crib with NO OTHER ITEMS IN IT, you are totally within your right to walk away for a few minutes.
  • Use all the family resources you can, if you have family to take care of the baby while you and your wife go on a date or just have some time together, do it! It’s fabulous for your mental health, and keeping your mental health in check goes a long way in being a patient parent.
  • 12 weeks seems like forever, but it’s not. Before you know it, they won’t be screaming potatoes anymore and you’ll start seeing some personality.
  • SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN! Even if you take shifts, getting a solid block of sleep is really important. We found that if we slept when the baby did, nothing would get done lol so take shifts if you can, and if you are feeling extra energized, offer your wife to get the extra sleep.
  • Speaking of sleep, babies love white noise. It’s particularly helpful to expose them to noise when they sleep because it’ll get them used to it, so you don’t need to walk on eggshells all the time.
  • Again, the first three months are going to be chaos. Embrace it! Your guys are going to be great. I highly recommend the book “Happiest Baby on the Block”.
Feel free to DM me if you ever need a fellow parent to talk to. Before you know it, you’re going to have a hilarious toddler that has their own quirks and mannerisms. The first laugh is going to be great, the first steps, the first time they look at you and coo, it’s all going to be awesome. You’ll have moments where you just look at them growing and get emotional. Enjoy it while you can, because they get more independent as time goes on.

Best of luck Dad!

Thanks @Chevywolf30!

Oh man, prepare for the wildest **** you have ever been through! The moment you hold your child for the first time, it’s beautiful man, guaranteed tears but 10/10 experience. Here’s some tips to get you through the fourth trimester!
  • Your wife just went through dramatic changes over her pregnancy, and even more so childbirth takes a big toll on her body. Be there for her as much as you can. Take on all the extra side duties you can to make her recovery easier. This is a great time to practice swaddling techniques. It’ll also refine your burrito making skills.
  • Babies cry, A LOT. Understand that they are used to always being fed, always being warm, always being reassured. Once they are born, all that suddenly goes away and their only way of communicating is to cry. Please be as patient as you can, and unless it’s a medical issue, it’s normal for babies just to wail. If you find yourselves getting overwhelmed, as long as the baby is in their crib with NO OTHER ITEMS IN IT, you are totally within your right to walk away for a few minutes.
  • Use all the family resources you can, if you have family to take care of the baby while you and your wife go on a date or just have some time together, do it! It’s fabulous for your mental health, and keeping your mental health in check goes a long way in being a patient parent.
  • 12 weeks seems like forever, but it’s not. Before you know it, they won’t be screaming potatoes anymore and you’ll start seeing some personality.
  • SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN! Even if you take shifts, getting a solid block of sleep is really important. We found that if we slept when the baby did, nothing would get done lol so take shifts if you can, and if you are feeling extra energized, offer your wife to get the extra sleep.
  • Speaking of sleep, babies love white noise. It’s particularly helpful to expose them to noise when they sleep because it’ll get them used to it, so you don’t need to walk on eggshells all the time.
  • Again, the first three months are going to be chaos. Embrace it! Your guys are going to be great. I highly recommend the book “Happiest Baby on the Block”.
Feel free to DM me if you ever need a fellow parent to talk to. Before you know it, you’re going to have a hilarious toddler that has their own quirks and mannerisms. The first laugh is going to be great, the first steps, the first time they look at you and coo, it’s all going to be awesome. You’ll have moments where you just look at them growing and get emotional. Enjoy it while you can, because they get more independent as time goes on.

Best of luck Dad!

Thank you for such an amazing response and advice. I'm pretty nervous about getting overwhelmed by it all at the start. I have pretty bad anxiety and used to having my own space (usually drawing and gaming lol) but I'll need to adjust to big change.

I'll try my best to take your advice on bored and i'll definitley take you up on asking for advice in messages.

Thanks again, both excited and nervous lol.

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
I'm frightened by the changing world. Many things I used to always take for granted as always being there are vanishing. Just recently a very popular magazine here in my home province went out of print. Its final issue was commemorating the life of the woman who had been on our money since before my father was born. I'm seeing fewer and fewer people collecting physical media, opting instead for digital and I fear that soon nobody will bother with actually owning anything, opting instead to stream it for a monthly fee.

I just spent an hour playing through Majora's Mask 3D to try to do a glitch FD can't normally do, only to see there is no hope for it.

There is a glitch, that requires you to be looking ie, the look button. But it gets upgraded to be a Pictograph button. FD Link can't use the Pictograph. But maybe he can use the Look button if you skip the Pictograph. Yeah, just tried the glitch because I got a very bad feeling I was wasting my time, and it doesn't work with the Look button, meaning it only works with the Pictograph, which means I wasted my time. Oh well.

Also welcome @Slurmp.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm frightened by the changing world. Many things I used to always take for granted as always being there are vanishing. Just recently a very popular magazine here in my home province went out of print. Its final issue was commemorating the life of the woman who had been on our money since before my father was born. I'm seeing fewer and fewer people collecting physical media, opting instead for digital and I fear that soon nobody will bother with actually owning anything, opting instead to stream it for a monthly fee.
I feel this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom