• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Feeling annoyed at AI "artists".
While I do think AI can be used as a tool I can't help but feel extremely annoyed at people simply use it to copy another person and call themselves artists.

It feels extremely disrespectful to use it to copy someone's style and then claim authorship. The material used for feeding it for training isn't theirs, it's tracing with extra steps, it's borderline theft. Some have been having the audacity of using it to sell this sort of content, sometimes by tricking people, and it just makes me kinda mad.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Feeling annoyed at AI "artists".
While I do think AI can be used as a tool I can't help but feel extremely annoyed at people simply use it to copy another person and call themselves artists.

It feels extremely disrespectful to use it to copy someone's style and then claim authorship. The material used for feeding it for training isn't theirs, it's tracing with extra steps, it's borderline theft. Some have been having the audacity of using it to sell this sort of content, sometimes by tricking people, and it just makes me kinda mad.
I agree 100%.

yeah it's been more in the spotlight about how those programs source existing art

i did see a very nice exchange awhile back where someone posted a photograph and someone commented asking for permission to use it for ai art and i thought that was kind of cool. like i mean, this isnt the first instance where people use people's art without permission, but it's taking ownership of it in some capacity as well as not always even being aware of who the original artist is at the same time, and that's pretty unfortunate.

hopefully proper ettiquette with this stuff comes with time, as people are still figuring out what the heck it is, but i'm sure there will always be those couple assholes, cuz that's true of any art.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
At least the only real accomplishment AI achieved in music was to create a composition that only merely imitated Johann Sebastian Bach.

AI still has yet to outperform human composers and songwriters. :)

Gorozoron

wild ride
Cygnus_atratus.width-1600.4ed409e.jpg

Black swan.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
When is Taylor Swift going to release a single for her new album coming out in a week.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Seeing news about why the old VA for Bayonetta didn't come back for 3 being Platinum's refusal to pay a proper amount for a voice actor's hard work just more evidence for creative workers often not receiving the same recognition and respect for the way they make their living. Unfortunate, really.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
You know you're ****ed when you try to recall answers during exam and your brain goes:
Tian Shang taiyang hong ya hongtongtong ei

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I just randomly remembered this really weird movie my parents put on when I was a small child. It was a live action, about a Weimaraner husband and wife who worked on a farm iirc, but the actors were human, with real Weimaraner heads either edited on, or put through the head of the clothes while the actors hid their actual heads? And they acted like people and did typical people things but there was one scene where they decided to swim out in some lake and instead of the people stripping down it was the dog actors crawling out of the human clothes and then walking around and behaving like animals and I just remember being freaked the **** out cus I had no ****in idea what the hell was going on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom