• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Or storm already said it wasn't a claim? Lol

1. People lie.
2. Storm actually said they only said they were town, completely disregarding the "immortal" aspect of the original sentence.

storm claiming that he is immortal is a softclaim (which is allowed by the rules)

That is completely dependent on what Storm's role actually is. If his role is just "You are an immortal townie" than it's absolutely a hard claim. And this is the point I was making about KoD making hard stances on the Mohs of Storms statement.

Further softclaiming isn't allowed by the rules as they state soft claiming may result in a mod kill as well, although you are encouraged to do so. This ties into the rule of snitching to get bonus votes, creating a nuisanced layer to this game that is readily being ignored with storm.

A’lana and numbers can have townleans for now, for their posts above.

This slot is absolutely scum.

where in heavens have you seen a non-hostile cult

NGA, which is relevant to Rag on an experience level.

I need everyone to tell me who they love most out of the players in the players list. GO!
I hate everyone sorry.

Vote: ExLight

Odds of this being 3p or maf are way higher than rand lol
While I do think Ex having ulterior motivations for wanting to kill the cult makes him more likely to be 3p, I don't think there's a particularly strong chance it makes him hostile? I think he's most likely a non-hostile 3p more likely than anything else-- maybe not entirely trustworthy, but certainly not worth focusing on lynching

i dont think asking someone to elaborate on their softed info is same as rolefishing
...Do I just not know what this word means then? Because my understanding is that it's defined as "asking questions with the intent of gaining info about someone's role", which is to say, yeah that's literally the same thing as asking for elaboration on a soft claim.

it could win with town and/or mafia?
Aye, cult is extremely easy to make benign, as the only reason their win con is opposing the other alignments is because the mod says it is. Take that away and you just have an alignment seeking a goal that may or may not be opposed to other factions depending on how you word their win cons. Town is super easy because theirs is just "eliminate the threats". Don't consider cult a town threat and bam they have compatible win cons. Mafia tends to be a little trickier if you go with a majority win con for both as only one can have majority but if you simply remove living from the qualifications of eithers majority they become doubley achievable as well. Or if you give Mafia a threats like win con as well you can create a Mafia that has to eliminate all town but could care less about cult. You can also simply change the cult win con to something neutral like a survivor win con. We do weird stuff you should know this by now.

What if ex and/or minish are cult and they are trying to throw us off
I think Ex going ahead and establishing that there is a cult without prompting makes it less likely that he's the cult himself, though I could maybe see Minish as cult considering she just jumped in and said "Ex is right", and she hasn't really said anything that adds things to the conversation since.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Aye, cult is extremely easy to make benign, as the only reason their win con is opposing the other alignments is because the mod says it is. Take that away and you just have an alignment seeking a goal that may or may not be opposed to other factions depending on how you word their win cons. Town is super easy because theirs is just "eliminate the threats". Don't consider cult a town threat and bam they have compatible win cons. Mafia tends to be a little trickier if you go with a majority win con for both as only one can have majority but if you simply remove living from the qualifications of eithers majority they become doubley achievable as well. Or if you give Mafia a threats like win con as well you can create a Mafia that has to eliminate all town but could care less about cult. You can also simply change the cult win con to something neutral like a survivor win con. We do weird stuff you should know this by now.
that does not sound standard nor exciting and I doubt fext had contact with something like that
and in the end the point is not whether rag has had contact with this kinda variant, but fext who was saying cults aren't necessarily hostile

While I do think Ex having ulterior motivations for wanting to kill the cult makes him more likely to be 3p, I don't think there's a particularly strong chance it makes him hostile? I think he's most likely a non-hostile 3p more likely than anything else-- maybe not entirely trustworthy, but certainly not worth focusing on lynching

I think it's unlikely Ex is 3p. His flow on the subject leans more to fext's assessment as I alluded to earlier with my "Ex is uncultable mafs" comment. The jist was that normally ex would sit back and let the world get culted for a mega happy everybody wins ending but for reasons that's not the route he's going this game. This is also a route Rag often takes so from a chaotic design standpoint stopping that is the play to make. The most logical and obvious conclusion is that Ex can't be culted so that path leads to loss for him. 3p are hardly going to be cult proof candidates. So that's why thats unlikely. You may have some town that get tagged as uncultable. Typically this falls into town power roles in role light games. Maybe a lyncher variant. And probably the decoder type roles Minish mentioned. So possibilities are slim but there. Typically, however, Mafia are auto immune to culting to keep the teams integrity intact. So the most likely option for an uncultable person here would be Mafia.

that does not sound standard nor exciting and I doubt fext had contact with something like that
and in the end the point is not whether rag has had contact with this kinda variant, but fext who was saying cults aren't necessarily hostile

As all very much part of the larger circle. First we establish that Rag would have experience to draw upon with benign cults to have included one in the game. From there we establish the uncultable are likely Mafia. We then further establish the player with a low probability of experience with benign cults suggesting them is in fact cult leader.

So for those keeping track at home I've already nailed down two Mafia and the cult leader. This game is EZ.

I think it's unlikely Ex is 3p. His flow on the subject leans more to fext's assessment as I alluded to earlier with my "Ex is uncultable mafs" comment. The jist was that normally ex would sit back and let the world get culted for a mega happy everybody wins ending but for reasons that's not the route he's going this game. This is also a route Rag often takes so from a chaotic design standpoint stopping that is the play to make. The most logical and obvious conclusion is that Ex can't be culted so that path leads to loss for him. 3p are hardly going to be cult proof candidates. So that's why thats unlikely. You may have some town that get tagged as uncultable. Typically this falls into town power roles in role light games. Maybe a lyncher variant. And probably the decoder type roles Minish mentioned. So possibilities are slim but there. Typically, however, Mafia are auto immune to culting to keep the teams integrity intact. So the most likely option for an uncultable person here would be Mafia.
I think it depends on his wincon for a 3p to be uncultable; my assumption is that his main goal is something expressly anti-cult. I definitely agree that Ex might be likely to be uncultable, but I feel like even if Mafia are uncultable for game integrity reasons, it'd be something treated as a given and not something they'd outright be told. So while I agree Mafia is very likely to be cult-proof, I don't think that inherently gives them knowledge that the cult exists making it less likely for Ex to be scum.
Also minor point but I'm the one who brought up decoder roles and not Minish.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote Count
Minish - 2 (Squid, Storm)
Exlight- 1 (Fext)
Not Voting - 10 (Numbers, Libk, Minish, A'lana, DW, CL, KoD, Neon, Ex, Caps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom