• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Interest for Splatoon Tournaments

Would you be interested in joining a Splatoon Tournament?

• Total voters

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Hi all. Having taken on the role of games leader, I wanted to gauge interest in Splatoon tournaments. Seeing as Splatoon 3 has a Splatfest coming up, if there is enough interest maybe we can start with that. It's a bit hard to get 8 people together at the same time to do true 4 v 4 matches of just ZDers. So I was thinking maybe it could be something like where each person reports their amount of wins throughout the Splatfest (since the game does keep track of the last 50 or so results). Or maybe even if there is enough spread across the 3 Splatfest teams, people could report the team they are on and how many wins. And the team with the most wins overall wins. I'm open to hearing suggestions on how to go about it.

In the future, if enough people have the game and we can set a scheduled time/day, then we could potentially do 4v4 ZDer custom matches.

I'm also open to some way of doing ranked tournaments with rainmaker, tower control, splat zones, or clam blitz. Seeing as those are my favorite modes.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome, just post them here!

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I'd love to be in a splatoon tournament! I don't have the game just yet, but early next week I'm going to drop by gamestop and grab a copy. So I'll have it in time for splatfest ^^

I hope we get enough people because I'd love to play some custom matches later.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'd love to be in a splatoon tournament! I don't have the game just yet, but early next week I'm going to drop by gamestop and grab a copy. So I'll have it in time for splatfest ^^

I hope we get enough people because I'd love to play some custom matches later.

I haven't messed around with the custom matches in this game so I'm not entirely sure the rules on them this time. But I believe in Splatoon 2 you could do any amount of players on a team. So maybe we could even do 2v2s if we had to.

I'm up for some ZDer Splatoon sessions but I'm not sure how I feel about participating in a tournament. Don't rule me out, but my suggestion/preference for format would be a normal room so the seats that aren't filled by ZDers are just other players. I'm not sure but I think theres a way for friend matching to ensure to stay on one team unlike in the previous games, so if there are four (or fewer) of us, that might be fun.

Alternatively, Salmon Run sessions are an option.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm up for some ZDer Splatoon sessions but I'm not sure how I feel about participating in a tournament. Don't rule me out, but my suggestion/preference for format would be a normal room so the seats that aren't filled by ZDers are just other players. I'm not sure but I think theres a way for friend matching to ensure to stay on one team unlike in the previous games, so if there are four (or fewer) of us, that might be fun.

Alternatively, Salmon Run sessions are an option.

Ooh, Salmon Run could be a good non-tournament event. Since it's co-op, it would just be about getting 4 people together at a time.

There is also Table Turf Battle, which is 1v1, as another potential way for ZDers to play together. I only recently started playing against the NPCs and it's pretty fun.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I wouldn't expect getting more than 8 players for tournaments
a league system like we can easily do in mario kart wouldn't work that well either because matchmaking is based on player rating
there's ways to account for that but it seems like more effort than just like
4v4
rainmaker bo3
clamblam bo3
tower bo3
zones bo3

then a turf war tiebreaker if necessary
over the space of like 2 weekends

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom