• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I personally find the comically large amount of keys kinda funny and not bothersome at all as the message's length and signature often overlength it anyway

if it did need to be addressed, though, I think categorizing it with numbers based on their category regardless of the amount could help save some space. So even if the person has like only two keys, maybe giving the option to exhibit it as (2x 1662252883255.png) under their avatar.

all the setting allows is setting a numerical value, although i agree your proposal would simplify things a lot. i also should probably add that these are settings per theme so hypothetically, different themes could have different cutoffs to cleanly have them cut off for a full row (as how many items that form a row are different per theme), if that is more preferred

edit: if this doesnt bother anyone else, i will leave it as is, btw. i just wanted to bring it up cuz gkas and stuff

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
all the setting allows is setting a numerical value, although i agree your proposal would simplify things a lot. i also should probably add that these are settings per theme so hypothetically, different themes could have different cutoffs to cleanly have them cut off for a full row (as how many items that form a row are different per theme), if that is more preferred

edit: if this doesnt bother anyone else, i will leave it as is, btw. i just wanted to bring it up cuz gkas and stuff

If you can choose which ones are displayed within that numerical value, then you could just put one of each of any multiple medals perhaps. Like if someone has won the same category multiple times just display one of the keys.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
with the gkas having just been distributed, this has been back on my mind and i would like everyone else's opinion on this before any changes are made, cuz for some people im sure they do like seeing all their badges under their name in posts

but as the years go by, lots of members like myself, alit, sms, and so forth, have accumulated a crapload of them, and they're kind of unsightly and (not to mention ridiculously tall) after a certain point. as it turns out, the medal plugin does have a setting where you can limit how many of these badges are featured in the postbit (that is, the info beside your post; they will still all be fully viewable on your profile).

its simply a cosmetic change, but i'd first like what people think of this. particularly valued would be input from people who also have more than 10 badges as it'll be mostly affecting them. and second, if you guys are in favor of it, what the max number of badges shown in a post should be? gonna throw out the generic suggestion of 10 badges as my initial suggestion.

thanks
I would have a suggestion... if I had a GKA...

:D

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
with the gkas having just been distributed, this has been back on my mind and i would like everyone else's opinion on this before any changes are made, cuz for some people im sure they do like seeing all their badges under their name in posts

but as the years go by, lots of members like myself, alit, sms, and so forth, have accumulated a crapload of them, and they're kind of unsightly and (not to mention ridiculously tall) after a certain point. as it turns out, the medal plugin does have a setting where you can limit how many of these badges are featured in the postbit (that is, the info beside your post; they will still all be fully viewable on your profile).

its simply a cosmetic change, but i'd first like what people think of this. particularly valued would be input from people who also have more than 10 badges as it'll be mostly affecting them. and second, if you guys are in favor of it, what the max number of badges shown in a post should be? gonna throw out the generic suggestion of 10 badges as my initial suggestion.

thanks
I definitely agree that this would be a good idea. I like Min's suggestion of having one badge displayed and a numerical value of how many of those someone has. It'd be better visually, I think.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
the table feature seems to have some really bizarre bugs when dealing with larger or copypasted stuff, maybe spending some time messing with it to see how to fix some of these or optimize the feature?

among the ones I faced just now were freezing and complete deformatting after refreshing the page

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it'd be great to add epic games' exophase profile connection. And also a space to add our Switch friend code in our profile
A space to enter Switch friend code perhaps? @Jimmu

I've added the Nintendo Switch Friend Code field to profiles, as for the exophase profile connection I am not sure if there is a huge amount of users that would be using this? To be honest this is the first time I am hearing of exophase, do many users here use it?

Some of the other icons do link to the page assiciated with it, the one for Twitch for example does work. These are definitely icons that are supposed to link to something, but some are just broken from what I've read. It seems people have found ways to solve the integration issues, at least on previous versions of Xenforo.

the table feature seems to have some really bizarre bugs when dealing with larger or copypasted stuff, maybe spending some time messing with it to see how to fix some of these or optimize the feature?

among the ones I faced just now were freezing and complete deformatting after refreshing the page

Both of the above I'll have to spend some time looking into and get back to you. Our Xenforo license hasn't been renewed in quite a while and we can't get the software up to date to easily troubleshoot issues. I'll have to try reaching out to Mases again and get it updated before I can tell if issues have been solved by later updates we don't have yet.

thanks

I'll also keep an eye on this conversation. Personally I haven't really seen it as an issue but if there is enough desire to change it we can use the settings to limit the number as you have said.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
So this isn't anything we'd be worried about for a while but I wanted to throw it out there now that we have a botw 2 release date. I know that a few people, myself not included, are planning to avoid the forums for a bit once the game comes out to avoid any spoilers. Would it be possible to waive or lessen the zd legend/champion post requirements for that month or the month following?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom