• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
There's a fat ****in black widow on the outside of my trash can lol. I was going to catch it but turns out it's also next to the fattest egg sack I've ever seen so now I'm just gonna let her chill in my garage cus idk how to move it...
cup and paper them both??

Is she in a web, or? If that egg sack is hers, you may want to consider relocating it cuz idk if you really want a family of black widows roaming around your garage. While they're not particularly aggressive from what I understand, the more of them there are, you're probably gonna be more likely to run into one unexpectedly and startle it. Which could potentially result in a defensive bite.

Depends on your comfort level though, I'm not sure if this would work as well if she is situated in a web, but if you're able to drop an inverted glass or cup over her, you might be able to relocate her and the egg sack. I like using a glass to transport spiders so I don't have to handle them directly; I slip an envelop under the opening after I get the spider inside for safe transport. Wear gloves just in case maybe since it's a black widow, cuz you will still have to release her from the cup once you get her to a preferred spot (I usually use a bit of force to toss them a bit further away from me in case they want to run afterward). But I wouldn't separate her from her egg sack cuz that'd definitely be a reason for her to get defensive.

Idk what else to say about it as I've not dealt with black widows, but I'd say use your best judgement on whether or not you think the spot she's currently in is going to be much of an issue. You could probably also call someone, though idk if they'd just kill it or not.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
that seems
horribly awkward

can you maybe try to use some bug spray on them?
don't want to hurt them, but maybe I could spray them gently with the hose and they would come out
cup and paper them both??
I was gonna do that with just the spider, cus I have really big spoons to scoop it with, but idk if the egg would burst if I touched/ moved it?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
don't want to hurt them, but maybe I could spray them gently with the hose and they would come out

I was gonna do that with just the spider, cus I have really big spoons to scoop it with, but idk if the egg would burst if I touched/ moved it?
just be really careful and take your time???

Egg sacks are kind of durable, they're pretty cushioned by the silk, though they're also pretty sticky cuz the silk is really fine stranded. The real risk is it falling apart because it sticks to your fingers if you pick it up directly. You could probably get a small stick or twig that you can just sacrifice and let the spider deal with getting the eggsack off the stick later.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
20220829-124339.jpg
20220829-124950.jpg
My main concern was breaking the egg sack by accident but if they're rather durable then it should be fine. I'll catch em tomorrow cus I gotta go to work now, thanks for the advice everyone

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I can't understand how so many people eat greasy, fried fast food so often.

I feel so bad after eating cheap fast food. I can barely finish it, especially if I'm in the car. On the youth trip in July we were on a big bus and we stopped to get breakfast. The leaders came back with a bunch of mcdonald's sausage biscuits. Just biscuit and sausage. Just by looking at it, I knew I would get sick if I ate the whole thing. I took a tiny bite of the bread. Immediately I felt bad. I tried once more, this time with some sausage, but that made it even worse. I could feel the grease coating all over it. Eck. I was very close to getting sick for the next 30 mins to an hour. It got so bad I had a bag with me just in case. Luckily nothing happened. After that I realize greasy stuff goes not agree with my stomach. At all.

But yesterday I got some chicken tenders from Jack's thinking maybe it'll be different this time, but I could barely eat one strip before feeling bad. I ate all the fries though, they're not especially greasy. But the breading is just, bleghhh
I'll gobble up something like stir fry with rice, or just rice, (I love rice), but I have to eat fast food slowly or my stomach gets mad at me haha

Same thing goes for soda. Barely drink it. After drinking a 1/4 of the can I'm already feeling this weird full feeling that isn't pleasant. I'm not actually full, but the soda makes my stomach feel that way. Not fun. Plus I'm just not really into soda in general. The only one I like is cream soda, but I savor the flavor and don't drink it all at once. Just a few sips here and there. I mostly drink water.

I not a super health obsessed person though. I eat my fair share of junk food and sweets. But grease is just the worst. I'm sensitive to it I guess. But yeah, I can't understand how people can eat multiple greasy foods a day or more than one soda a day. It doesn't help that the South basically fries everything in sight lol
Well, Echolight, I can definitely tell you that I've been asked the question of how I can drink and enjoy neat whisky.

And a lot of the times, it comes from people that in general tend to be more sensitive to the smell, taste, and effects of ethanol, which I argue is actually a blessing.

But over time, you develop a certain tolerance for things so your body can look past it and onto the other flavors of that food or drink.

In other words, taste is actually quite complex and based on a multitude of factors including sex, age, culture, genetics, and so on. I actually tried touching on that on my blog on how to develop a taste for beer, but I feel I didn't do that subject justice.

Simply put, people are sensitive to different things. For example, I love cilantro, and my wife hates cilantro. I think it adds a refreshing taste to tacos, and my wife thinks it makes the tacos taste like soap.

People are strange, I guess. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom