• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Kind of in a weird mood today. Ended up joining an official discord server for a game (which I haven't done since 2018 and cut all ties with them in 2019) and now I'm just kind of sitting here doing mental exercises about... why am I still so afraid? I still hate the culture of official discord servers, and I think the biggest problem with their culture is in cases where the server is run by the devs, because it just becomes some weird competition among people to get senpai's attention.

Idk if I'll stay, apparently most of the devs of this game aren't on discord so it's a couple of them and friends of the devs running it, but I don't really expect to participate in anything. But it's making me kind of wonder if I should be giving other official servers a chance after the fallout of the HK servers, but I kinda wish I would stop asking myself about it because I don't think it's something I should jump on.

Really miss small fan communities though. People are so much more authentic about their love of a game or franchise when they don't believe the developers are watching.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I had watched the 2+ hour Lion King review by yourmoviesucks with my friend, and in the video he showed a few clips of people involved getting excited about showing their kids The Lion King 2019 so it can be like how they saw the original back then, but here's the thing...why not just show your kids the original???
I don't get it, if they wanted to share the nostalgia of The Lion King with their kids, then have them watch The freaking Lion King! They act like the original movie was snapped from existence and the remake is the only way for them to experience Lion King, but it's not. I don't know, I just find what they were saying to be weird, as if the original was too old or outdated or something and the remake was the only way. Makes it all the more better when the remake ended up getting subpar ratings.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
After a couple of months (not working on it daily or even weekly) it's finished! My holy church of cross stitching :D Damn I'm so proud of it!
Every tiny detail I did all by hand. All details inside and outside. Cutting the damn pieces was the toughest job though
300638298_10160164149297766_1942500670548975404_n.jpg

300155511_10160155786797766_7467016163508841655_n.jpg

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it was on this thread I mentioned before that I kept accidently forgetting to eat meals. I've been trying my best to be more consistent with that, but I'm having a really hard time.
My basic problem is I've come to the realization lately that I'm actually dangerously underweight. You know how the Body Mass Index takes your height weight age etc and measures it on a scale of 1-100 with 95% being dangerously overweight? I'm at 1%. That's... not good. And no matter how much I eat and try to gain weight, I just... can't. I've been the same weight for like 5 years. And I know some people are like "hrm de hrm wish I had THAT problem" but it really is a problem. My doctors wanted me at 90lbs by the end on 2018. I'm 78lbs. I can see my ribcage. That's not healthy. I just realized I accidently ate barely any food again today and I think I'm going to have to seriously try and focus on fixing my diet. Wish me luck.

I was a similar weight for a lot of years when I was younger. Now I weigh a bit more since I am taller but am still very underweight and have the same problem where I'll either forget to have a meal or just skip it due to not giving myself the time to eat. I hope you can find a strategy that works for you, I think I need to start using specific alarms or some kind of app to track my meals so that I don't miss any.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
After a couple of months (not working on it daily or even weekly) it's finished! My holy church of cross stitching :D Damn I'm so proud of it!
Every tiny detail I did all by hand. All details inside and outside. Cutting the damn pieces was the toughest job though
300638298_10160164149297766_1942500670548975404_n.jpg

300155511_10160155786797766_7467016163508841655_n.jpg
Now that you have cross stitched a cross, can you cross stitch a Stitch?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think it was on this thread I mentioned before that I kept accidently forgetting to eat meals. I've been trying my best to be more consistent with that, but I'm having a really hard time.
My basic problem is I've come to the realization lately that I'm actually dangerously underweight. You know how the Body Mass Index takes your height weight age etc and measures it on a scale of 1-100 with 95% being dangerously overweight? I'm at 1%. That's... not good. And no matter how much I eat and try to gain weight, I just... can't. I've been the same weight for like 5 years. And I know some people are like "hrm de hrm wish I had THAT problem" but it really is a problem. My doctors wanted me at 90lbs by the end on 2018. I'm 78lbs. I can see my ribcage. That's not healthy. I just realized I accidently ate barely any food again today and I think I'm going to have to seriously try and focus on fixing my diet. Wish me luck.

I used to be very skinny and it was because I under ate but when I got into bodybuilding I started tracking my calories and protein using the MyFitnessPal app and now I make sure that I hit the right amount each day according to my goals.

The human body does fluctuate in the amount of calories it burns so being super rigid is not necessary and some people actually do it to an unhealthy way with the fixation on hitting the exact number of calories, but tracking apps can be a good guide for sure and you might find it helpful to get you started. Eventually you will develop a pretty good sense of how much you need to be eating a day to stay around the weight you want to be

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that's a pretty intense procedure to have done. Best wishes to her and your family, Jimmu.

Thank you, Frax. She has to have two separate surgeries done over the next couple of months (one for each side as they found two of them) and this is the first one but she was able to research and choose her own surgeon and is feeling optimistic about it. The risk is higher to not do anything about them so we are lucky that they found them before they became an immediate emergency.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My coworker told me a story yesterday that I can’t get over because of how funny it was

He was telling us about a time while he was working at Five Guys and he accidentally handed someone the wrong Door Dash order. When he realized this his reaction was to chase this man down and body slam the hood of his car. Obviously the guy was mad that he did that so he was like “Yo what the f- are you doing”? My coworker then said “What the f- are you doing taking the wrong order?” The door dash driver was then like “Well do you have insurance?” Because there was a huge dent on his car now and my coworker said “no the f- I don’t” then the door dash driver was like “I’m gonna put in a complaint on you to corporate” and my coworker said “I’m gonna put a complaint on you for taking the wrong order”

Like I don’t know how I would react if that happened to me. Just driving away with a door dash order and seeing an employee just flop on top of that car. I feel bad for that door dash driver though. That man was innocent. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom