• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I once got to talk to the voice actor of Axel in Kingdom Hearts for a bit longer because he needed the charger connecter to plug his phone into the wall to charge and I carried one with me at the time. So he borrowed it during his panel at a con and then thanked me afterwards for letting him use it. So basically anything that people really need at times but don't usually carry is a good thing to have on hand as a conversation starter.
So carry a humongous bag with all essentials in it??

I can be patient about mail deliveries, but I'm so anxious today about something I ordered being out for delivery because I was hoping it would come so I could intercept it before my dad checks the mail. He's been oddly creepy about me not sharing my toys with him (it's game merch) and I really wanted to avoid having to deal with that again today. It's late, but hopefully it comes while he's at church and not any sooner.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I can be patient about mail deliveries, but I'm so anxious today about something I ordered being out for delivery because I was hoping it would come so I could intercept it before my dad checks the mail. He's been oddly creepy about me not sharing my toys with him (it's game merch) and I really wanted to avoid having to deal with that again today. It's late, but hopefully it comes while he's at church and not any sooner.
Let us know if it gets by?!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just finished up two weeks of annual leave - my first break from work in a long time. Had an awesome time doing touristy stuff with an American friend who was visiting but now I need to catch up on work and all of my other responsibilities now that I am back to reality.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I only ever heard only of zenmarket, not zenmart. I'm assuming you meant that?

I think a youtuber recommended it once, it should be fine. it's straight from japan right? how much is the shipping fee?

Oh yes, Zenmarket. The item I got is from Japan, I think they are sending me the shipping fee once it gets to their warehouse. I did google the average price for something like a dvd, it wasn't very expensive at all. Like $3 I think. Larger items though that weigh more can be more expensive.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I saw a twitter thread earlier about an AI system that can replicate human art very well, and it's a little bit concerning.

Like, I can definitely tell the art is still AI generated because it lacks the nuance that a real artist can give a piece, the AI art looks really, well, souless. But to non-artists this stuff could certainly fool them into thinking a human made the work.

It might not happen right away, maybe not in our lifetime, but I do find myself wondering if AI is going to replace real artists within projects at some point. It's a scary thought.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I saw a twitter thread earlier about an AI system that can replicate human art very well, and it's a little bit concerning.

Like, I can definitely tell the art is still AI generated because it lacks the nuance that a real artist can give a piece, the AI art looks really, well, souless. But to non-artists this stuff could certainly fool them into thinking a human made the work.

It might not happen right away, maybe not in our lifetime, but I do find myself wondering if AI is going to replace real artists within projects at some point. It's a scary thought.
think I saw that thread too, someone brought up photography

it will replace a portion of art. Artists will be less common. But generating AI art could become its own form of art like photography
we've already seen it become a meme, which is step 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom