• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, it's these kinds of words that make talking to you about this stuff draining for me. It's just a reminder of how little people actually care for the artist. Every conversation about this kind of stuff feels so... futile, it really wrecks my mood.
I really despise when you say **** like "real jobs" or when you go on some nonsensical rant about how something isn't "respectable" or whatever. It's all so mentally taxing. Can you please try to hear other people out in a convo and maybe not be so sassy during it?
Wdym by this? Just bc he doesn't think it's very viable as a career doesn't mean he doesn't care for the artists..
I don't when he said like "Adult animation shouldn't exist." I guess it be more accurate that I get the feeling he doesn't give two ****s about animation and in turn the artists.
Maybe he does care I won't speak for him but that's the vibe I get personally.
who knows maybe he adores'em, would hug'em on sight.

Hm maybe, I thought he was saying that as in trashy adult animation like family guy shouldn't exist, and that he was taking the keywords "adult animation" to mean those with generic stupidity and vulgar jokes. Bc there's tons of beautiful animation that can be enjoyed by adults, but it's not usually labeled as adult animation. Or maybe I'm just projecting my own opinion onto what he said and he didn't mean that at all, idk
Yeah I thought I cleared this up, that whole thing was bad communication on my part, I don't have a problem with animation that isn't targeted at kids, my problem is crass, inappropriate trash like Family Guy defining that whole genre and I was awful at conveying my thoughts through that whole conversation
Maybe later, typing here takes too long
*Insert sped up mocking gif from some random show or sumn captioned "Mobile user"
you can set up a twitch stream and guilt people into donating because DARK SOULS IS MUH PASSION!!!11!
T
speaking of which that's another thing that annoys me, people who assume they can and will and should make a living off of twitch/ youtube etc
That's how this whole thing started, ironically, I made a passing comment about how youtubing isn't a real job

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah I thought I cleared this up, that whole thing was bad communication on my part, I don't have a problem with animation that isn't targeted at kids, my problem is crass, inappropriate trash like Family Guy defining that whole genre and I was awful at conveying my thoughts through that whole conversation
And the not caring about artists thing, I appreciate the effort that goes into stuff, I've dabbled in and been mediocre at drawing, music, programming and I have an animation project I wanna try that'll be just as mediocre, part of that is just that I didn't commit, but I certainly understand and respect the effort that goes into those things, but I also think that too many people don't really have hobbies outside of taking in the art of others, which might also be a bad take idk

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
no one expects you to have 9000 responsibilities overnight. you start small. if you feel you cant handle something, you ARE allowed to ask for help. its weird asking for help because like, i always feel dumb asking, but i'd rather ask a redundant question than... not ask a question and screw something up.
This something that I've had to really teach myself with my past couple of jobs.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
when i was out shopping with my sister awhile back, the cashier lady was very quirky, she had this like tic where she would say "you're welcome" every time i said thank you, even if it was me saying "no, thank you" in response to a question. and it was like "would you like to sign up for our rewards program?" "no, thank you" her really quietly "you're welcome..." and like... but she's doing it, she's doing her job. and that was honestly really encouraging to me because like, if that girl can deal with customers even with some behavioral quirks, i know i can. i dont know her but i hope she's doing great
That sounds freaking hilarious, like something I'd do lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom