• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are There Any Announcements You'd Like to See in Tomorrow's Direct Mini?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
We could probably see a new Mario + Rabbids trailer here, so I guess that would be what I’d hope for.

Also, why would Metroid Prime be showing up here? I wouldn’t exactly call Retro a “partner” for Nintendo.

Mostly because it was announced with a title card five years ago and we've heard nothing since outside of development being restarted. I'd love to hear about it, but I assume it's been quietly canceled or will remain stuck in development hell.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Mostly because it was announced with a title card five years ago and we've heard nothing since outside of development being restarted. I'd love to hear about it, but I assume it's been quietly canceled or will remain stuck in development hell.
You’re just gonna ignore everything I said there, huh?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I know this thread is no longer relevant so much anymore, but didn't they already say that Prime 4 development was given over to Retro? I don't think it's cancelled, it'll just probably take a few more years to be finished, they had to restart from scratch it sounds like because the previous developers didn't deliver it sounded like. (They never clarified who the original team was but it was rumored that Bandai Namco was working on it at first)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I know this thread is no longer relevant so much anymore, but didn't they already say that Prime 4 development was given over to Retro? I don't think it's cancelled, it'll just probably take a few more years to be finished, they had to restart from scratch it sounds like because the previous developers didn't deliver it sounded like. (They never clarified who the original team was but it was rumored that Bandai Namco was working on it at first)

They did, but they also decided to kill the original project without giving the public a taste of what it actually was. Nintendo is the same studio that okayed Skyward Sword, so I'm dubious of any claims on their part that a game hasn't lived up to some standard.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
just to say, this happened before with Project Giant Robot where it was even shown off at E3, then disappeared for a good while before ultimately being announced that it was cancelled
while I really don't think Prime 4 is cancelled, the idea of them revealing game only to quietly cancel it has happened in the past, though of course Metroid is a way bigger deal, so I think sooner or later they'd have to deliver on Prime 4 eventually

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
They did, but they also decided to kill the original project without giving the public a taste of what it actually was. Nintendo is the same studio that okayed Skyward Sword, so I'm dubious of any claims on their part that a game hasn't lived up to some standard.
Ah yes, because your astronomically specific standard not being catered to by a certain team in a company totally means that a completely separate team within the same company has no concept of quality control.

Prime 4 is coming out. This isn’t even a estimated statement. They’ve continued to reiterate that they’re working on it as late as a year ago, so if they wanted to “quietly cancel it” they’ve been doing an incredibly piss-poor job. If anything the amount of updates has increased over the years since the original reveal that they were planning a 4th numbered game at the end of corruption. Obviously nobody is happy with the lack of updates, not even Nintendo themselves, but pretending that they’re not gonna release it because of a lack of updates when there clearly have been, as small as they are, is being redundantly pessimistic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom