• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Tbh I guess for me with short games like Celeste and Kirby and Pokepark I try not to think about the length to much, and possibly try to do it in chunks if I can, and do a different game and make the most of the game

I don’t want to finish an entire game in one day, and I’d never do a speedrun

im not saying games are bad for being short tho. and games dont need to be long to be worthwhile nor is artificially increasing the length of the game with filler equivalent to a concentrated 10 hour game with lots of content for those 10 hours

but im inclined to not even bother with a game if the price isnt justified based on what i'd be getting out of the game. its hard to put a price on an experience, but if im unable to get much out of a game in a short campaign and it either only has one file or isn't very replayable then the value is pretty proportionate to a single run of the game, which may only be a few hours. and then like it's gonna cost like four times how many hours i'll be getting out of it and im not even sure taking the plunge how many of those hours i'll find enjoyable?

celeste sounds like it has replayability and it also has those b sides and challenge runs and collectibles, plus its also not that expensive (though admittedly its listed price is too expensive for me personally but its occasional eshop sale price of 10 dollars is pretty reasonable for the game's content and waiting for sales is sometimes what you gotta do)

i think i've also gotten increasingly more picky about this as ive gotten older because i buy games with my own money more often than not. i'll take an opportuntiy to ask for a game for christmas or bithday which usually are 60 dollar games now but there's usually some guilt involved depending on like what else they end up getting me on top of that

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
im not saying games are bad for being short tho. and games dont need to be long to be worthwhile nor is artificially increasing the length of the game with filler equivalent to a concentrated 10 hour game with lots of content for those 10 hours

but im inclined to not even bother with a game if the price isnt justified based on what i'd be getting out of the game. its hard to put a price on an experience, but if im unable to get much out of a game in a short campaign and it either only has one file or isn't very replayable then the value is pretty proportionate to a single run of the game, which may only be a few hours. and then like it's gonna cost like four times how many hours i'll be getting out of it and im not even sure taking the plunge how many of those hours i'll find enjoyable?

celeste sounds like it has replayability and it also has those b sides and challenge runs and collectibles, plus its also not that expensive (though admittedly its listed price is too expensive for me personally but its occasional eshop sale price of 10 dollars is pretty reasonable for the game's content and waiting for sales is sometimes what you gotta do)
We’ll I’m not saying that the price is justified I just, don’t really have a problem with it in this case. It’s from a series I like a lot and it’s a great game, so I don’t really care?

Yes Celeste mainly depends on how good at the game you are and how well you understand the mechanics. If you do you’ll probably blast through it so it really depends

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom