• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Heavy traffic =/= large following. It just means that the following it does have is dedicated enough to preorder it. Looking at sales, Xenoblade isn’t even close to being one of Nintendos more popular franchises, nowhere near enough to warrant this kind of support at least.
Ironically it's large enough to crash the special edition site page lol.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
"The JRPG" is simply coming out sooner, just like when Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate, and New Horizons got dedicated Directs. This is not the end of the world.

You don't have to be a fan, but nor do you have to talk down on it just because it isn't an interest to you.
All 3 of those franchises are significantly more popular than Xenoblade will ever be. A direct for them is warranted. This isnt.

I’m not talking down on it because it doesn’t interest me, I’m talking down on it because it barely interests anyone and yet Nintendo keeps focusing on it above other, much more beloved franchises.
Ironically it's large enough to crash the special edition site page lol.
It’s almost as if thats exactly what I was referring to. All this means is that the fanbase it has is a very dedicated one, not that its a particularly large one.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
"The JRPG" is simply coming out sooner
You know what else it was? Announced sooner.
You don't have to be a fan, but nor do you have to talk down on it just because it isn't an interest to you.
I'm not talking down on Xenoblade, I'm expressing my frustration that BotW2 or even just a general Direct seems to be low priority for Nintendo

I'm not talking down on Xenoblade, I'm expressing my frustration that BotW2 or even just a general Direct seems to be low priority for Nintendo
i really dont think its that its a low priority, but its that they dont understand that silence on one game cant be compensated by coverage of another game. they act like covering one or two upcoming games means that they have no reason to give any news for other games because the fans of these other must be "distracted" by the games that they ARE covering.

like you can even see that in practice on just the zelda series as a whole. they even said once that hyrule warriors was meant to "tide fans over" until they were able to release botw. like, thats just... a weird business practice.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Exactly, that's only 5 months between announcement and release, we don't know how long they were working on it but I HEAVILY doubt it's longer than BotW2. Now BotW2 could just be the greatest game of all time and worth the wait, but it's certainly frustrating for it to be static for so long with no info whatsoever, while this jrpg doesn't even take half a year to launch after announcement.
That's a failing on Nintendo's part for showing a game way too damn early, even worse so for prime 4, shoot look at paper mario origami king's reveal vs release

I would rather they stop making Xenoblade games entirely and focus more on franchises that tend to sell more than 2 million units.

They have yet to formally announce anything about a general direct. Until then, I will continue to complain about a the existence of a direct made specifically to talk about a game that both Nintendo and its fans insist is more popular than it actually is.

I actually wonder if the reason why Xenoblade Chronicles is seeing so much love is because Monolith Soft helped out with Breath of the Wild, so they were given more resources for Xenoblade. While I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise myself (aside from X which is massively underrated), I think it's good that more modern Nintendo IPs like Xenoblade and Splatoon are allowed to shine. Also, 2 million is more than enough for Nintendo's more niche series. When Fire Emblem Awakening passed that mark, it ushered in a revival of said franchise.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I actually wonder if the reason why Xenoblade Chronicles is seeing so much love is because Monolith Soft helped out with Breath of the Wild, so they were given more resources for Xenoblade. While I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise myself (aside from X which is massively underrated), I think it's good that more modern Nintendo IPs like Xenoblade and Splatoon are allowed to shine. Also, 2 million is more than enough for Nintendo's more niche series. When Fire Emblem Awakening passed that mark, it ushered in a revival of said franchise.
2 million is all well and good for a niche series, but the amount of Xenoblade stuff that we’ve been getting recently is far more than a reasonable amount when there are so many other franchises that don’t even have as much as a native port to the switch.

it's not? at least Nintendo doesn't want it to be
It’s definitely more RPG than it is not.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
But, uh...BotW 2 will come out regardless of whether or not we have a Nintendo direct so I'm not worried. The hype machine that was the direct back in the day was awesome and I miss them but it's not going to affect BotW 2 so I'm good. Every time Nintendo takes forever to release a Zelda game, it's worth the wait. I have no experience with Xenoblade so I don't care to pay attention but the sudden and blistering buildup of hype that will balloon in the months preceding BotW 2 is going to be epic.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
2 million is all well and good for a niche series, but the amount of Xenoblade stuff that we’ve been getting recently is far more than a reasonable amount when there are so many other franchises that don’t even have as much as a native port to the switch.

It’s definitely more RPG than it is not.
whether it is or not isn't even relevant, I don't see what he's getting at in bringing up a game's quick reveal vs release time, just that one was apparently better at managing it's reveal time than the other

And clearly nintendo wants to keep advertising the game so that it can do even better. I'm as frustrated as anyone that they're shunning out a lot of their other franchises on a regular basis, but this is what they're choosing to focus on as it's a big upcoming game to them. Even Arms got it's own direct back when it was brand new. That said, they're timing for this is abysmal, nor do I think it's even needed w/ all the information they've been posting online, maybe at best make an overview trailer a few weeks before it comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom