• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Congrats Echo!
I've had anxiety about hitting the cars going in the opposite lane for a long time. Ever since I was a little kid actually. Whenever we pass a car going super fast I tense up. It just seems so easy to accidentally go too far left and scrape against the car going the opposite direction. When I was driving I worried so much about staying inside the lane and not going over the yellow line. So much so that I accidentally went too far right and almost hit a mailbox.
Lol yeah I've had this problem too, it's a weird illusion type thing. Thing is, even if you can feel the reflectors under your wheel, you're still not super likely to hit oncoming traffic, so it's not as close as it seems. Just something I've observed

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Congrats Echo!
Lol yeah I've had this problem too, it's a weird illusion type thing. Thing is, even if you can feel the reflectors under your wheel, you're still not super likely to hit oncoming traffic, so it's not as close as it seems. Just something I've observed

Fun fact, the width of an average lane is about 12 feet.

The width of the average car is about 5 to 6 feet.

So it is an optical illusion, the cars seem closer than they actually are.

Good for you to make the decision yourself <3

I've had anxiety about hitting the cars going in the opposite lane for a long time. Ever since I was a little kid actually. Whenever we pass a car going super fast I tense up. It just seems so easy to accidentally go too far left and scrape against the car going the opposite direction. When I was driving I worried so much about staying inside the lane and not going over the yellow line. So much so that I accidentally went too far right and almost hit a mailbox.

I know as I drive more it'll get easier and feel more natural, but man it's hard to start. I really really don't want to drive again lol

My parents don't do anything like that, they encourage me and stuff, but just having them in the car and being my responsibility to keep them safe and not crash is nerve-wracking enough.

I'd definitely prefer that for my first few drives.

If this helps, the most common places to get in an accident are parking lots and intersections.

Funny thing though, most car accidents happen near around the home, and most commonly, the accident happened because someone was driving too fast.

As I've gotten older, I started obeying the posted speed limit more closely, because in the grand scheme of things, you don't save much time by speeding, maybe under the ideal conditions you save like 2 minutes, but when you're driving, there's always traffic, so any time you could have saved by speeding is rendered null and void.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Today is birth. It's weird to think I'm 27 and getting closer to 30. :sweating: the passage of time is never-ending...

Today I will cook shrimp risotto and grilled fish to celebrate. My dad is getting whole steamed crabs too. Gonna be gud.
Yo happy birthday have a good one!!!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Just watched the gameplay reveal for Starfield, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it is something I would like. I mean it at least sounds like it's going to have a lot of content since you can explore entire planets, and there are like 100 systems of planets you can find. Of course whether each planet will be unique and worth exploring is an entirely different story, but that would be the hope from this game.

Anyway this got me thinking, if you can explore a whole planet in this game, it would be great if they let us explore each continent of Tamriel in TES VI. Maybe that is unrealistic, but I think it could be a cool feature. Also they should bring back levitation – you can fly around on a jetpack in Starfield, so it seems like they no longer are using individual cells for locations that would mess up seamless levitation across the map.

Last edited:
Just watched the gameplay reveal for Starfield, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it is something I would like. I mean it at least sounds like it's going to have a lot of content since you can explore entire planets, and there are like 100 systems of planets you can find. Of course whether each planet will be unique and worth exploring is an entirely different story, but that would be the hope from this game.

Anyway this got me thinking, if you can explore a whole planet in this game, it would be great if they let us explore each continent of Tamriel in TES VI. Maybe that is unrealistic, but I think it could be a cool feature. Also they should bring back levitation – you can fly around on a jetpack in Starfield, so it seems like they no longer are using individual cells for locations that would mess up seamless levitation across the map.

I am worried that a lot of the planets will be copy and paste in Starfield. I hope they will have some good variety. The ground combat seemed rather generic but the space battles look awesome. That's what has me most excited.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.

My hope is that while exploring an ice planet, your ship's engines give out, and they explode, sending shrapnel everywhere. One of the pieces of shrapnel flies across the room, and hits you in the head, making you black out.

You then wake up in the back of a cart pulled by horses. Your hands are bound, and you notice a tall, blonde man looking at you.

He says, "Hey, you! You're finally awake! You were trying to cross the border, right?"

Only then, do you realize that you've stumbled into Skyrim, yet again.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Latest exercise I've been doing on guitar is a real pain.

Basically, when I practice, my goal, in terms of technique and endurance, is to always have an extra gear to tap into, but usually never need to call upon.

So that means extreme, brutal exercises dominate my technique practice.

I noticed that my downpicked rhythms don't have that extra gear, and much like Brendon Smalls of Dethklok and Galaktikon, who admits such rhythms are tough for him, it feels like I'm barely reaching the finish line, rather than smoothly cruising over it.

So, lately, I've been trying to get my downpicked rhythms up to eighth note triplets at 130 bpm.

It doesn't sound crazy, but only using one pickstroke to pick eighth note triplets at 130 bpm is way harder than it seems. It's a real workout for the picking hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom