• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you were to make one game non canon...

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
...which would it be?

My personal choice would be Triforce Heroes. It just feels like the most expendable title out of all of them. There's no real connections to other games or timeline shenanigans going on. As a standalone side story, it would actually work. Not to mention the plot is just plain weird. If I had any issues with the timeline I might remove a game to try and alter it somehow. But I'm actually pretty okay with it overall so I'll just go ahead and shoot the odd man out.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Idk, I've never played it, I just know I've heard that there's a game that makes Ganon dying in TP pointless and I can't have that.
Vaati is the main villain for most of the game, but later in the game you also find out that there is a new Ganondorf, another Gerudo, that was born, so it's not the same guy. He then appears as Ganon in the end as the final boss

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Really? For me, that would be my case for keeping it in. The fact that it just slides in without causing problems is quite remarkable for a Zelda game.
I wouldn’t say thats a good thing. I mean, Majoras Mask doesnt have an effect on the rest of the series either, but it still has a definitive timeline placement and a story that only really works as a sequel to BotW.

Meanwhile Triforce Heroes has a world that adds close to nothing to Zelda lore, and is filled with direct references that actually cause more problems than any other game in the series through the costume mechanic.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
...which would it be?

My personal choice would be Triforce Heroes. It just feels like the most expendable title out of all of them. There's no real connections to other games or timeline shenanigans going on. As a standalone side story, it would actually work. Not to mention the plot is just plain weird. If I had any issues with the timeline I might remove a game to try and alter it somehow. But I'm actually pretty okay with it overall so I'll just go ahead and shoot the odd man out.

I agree with Triforce Heroes as it adds nothing to the timeline. It's story feels out of place with the rest of the games though I personally think the timeline should just be reset.

I wouldn’t say thats a good thing. I mean, Majoras Mask doesnt have an effect on the rest of the series either, but it still has a definitive timeline placement and a story that only really works as a sequel to BotW.

Meanwhile Triforce Heroes has a world that adds close to nothing to Zelda lore, and is filled with direct references that actually cause more problems than any other game in the series through the costume mechanic.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think references are worth thinking too much over. We know Ninty likes to throw these kinds of things in without any regard for continuity. Also, I don't think it's necessary for a Zelda game to add anything to the already incoherent lore, like I said, I think it's better that a side story like TFH didn't further muddy the waters.

Well that's unless by 'direct reference' you meant a tangible connection to another game that I didn't notice...

Am I really limited to just one? Can I say all of them. There are way to many inconsistencies between the games, so I'd rather just enjoy each game separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom