• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Do You Change Up Your Wardrobe?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you tend to buy new clothes often and cycle out the old stuff or do you try and keep what you have for a longer time?

I've never really cared so much about fashion so I tend to keep things for a pretty long time before getting rid of them. It feels wasteful to me to wear something just a couple of times and then throw it away.

I'm still wearing a lot of pants from middle and high school. Last year I finally went out and got some new pants cuz they're starting to wear out but I still don't have enough clothes to get rid of them yet. Honestly the biggest reason I don't get new clothes much is clothes shopping is pain and all the brands run sizes differently and its just annoying to figure out and remember every single time. Plus it's probably harder to find stuff you think you look good in if you don't like the way you look to begin with. I accumulate fun tshirts fairly often though.

I need to go out and find some formal clothes real soon though and that's gonna be particularly difficult probably.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I too wear clothes until I need to buy new ones.

When I go to concerts and see bands I like, I like to support them by buying some merch, which includes at least a T-Shirt. The ticket sales and merch sales support a band moreso than the raw sales of the music itself, so I make it a point to support groups I like.

For example, I'll be seeing my favorite band, Iron Maiden, in concert yet again coming September 19th. This will be my fourth time seeing them, with Trivium opening for them, so I at least want to get a Trivium T-Shirt and yet another Iron Maiden T-Shirt.

I also try to buy shirts from local ma and pa shops that I like. I like supporting local businesses. Even though I've quit nicotine altogether, I still am good friends with the owners of a local tobacco and vape shop, so I own a T-Shirt or two of theirs. And a local whisk(e)y bar I've bought a personalized Glencairn with my name on it.

Basically, I just buy new clothes when I need them, and if I like you, like your business or what you do and you have merch, I'll probably buy at least a T-Shirt.

Outside of that, I dress for comfort. Jeans, sneakers, T-shirt. No need to overcomplicate it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I stopped growing somewhere around 20 years old, so I've been wearing the same clothes comfortably for years now. I would say shirts last a little shorter for me than pants. I also tend to buy underwear and socks more often. Maybe every 4-5 years.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I basically wear the same type of clothes all the time. Black shirts, black/grey pants, etc. etc.

And yes, I do wear the same clothes until they're so worn I can't anymore. Then I go buy the same style of clothes all over again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like to buy shirts quite regularly either online or from vintage sales, my rail in the wardrobe is bent from the weight of all my shirts. If I see any designs that are striking I can't let the opportunity go to waste. I haven't had any trouble with size over the pandemic as I stayed of a similar sort of build with the home workouts but now that I'm back in the gym and making progress I can feel I will be busting out of some of the old shirts very soon and will need to replace them.

In terms of shoes, my feet haven't grown for years but now have a wall dedicated to shoes and have got them on display like in a shop. I definitely have enough for the time being and won't get more until a pair gets worn out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I basically wear the same type of clothes all the time. Black shirts, black/grey pants, etc. etc.

And yes, I do wear the same clothes until they're so worn I can't anymore. Then I go buy the same style of clothes all over again.
That's exactly what I do. I own nothing but the same pairs of black pants and I have lots of solid color shirts. My work ensemble is also my casual ensemble. I have a style and I stick to it like glue.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Almost nothing. I keep my clothes until they break. No reason to get rid of them if they're not broken (broken feels like the wrong word here, but I can't think of any other).
It's MUCH better for the environment and also for my wallet.
I'm still wearing a lot of pants from middle and high school. Last year I finally went out and got some new pants cuz they're starting to wear out but I still don't have enough clothes to get rid of them yet. Honestly the biggest reason I don't get new clothes much is clothes shopping is pain and all the brands run sizes differently and its just annoying to figure out and remember every single time. Plus it's probably harder to find stuff you think you look good in if you don't like the way you look to begin with. I accumulate fun tshirts fairly often though.

I need to go out and find some formal clothes real soon though and that's gonna be particularly difficult probably.
Yeh, this right here. I've got some things I've had since I was like 14 or 15 lol, they're still holding up just fine. Most if not all of my casual tops are some sort of merch t-shirt, NASCAR, I've got a couple wolf ones, etc... and sometimes I feel like a filthy first-worlder because of it lol. I do have a couple of button up shirts/polos for church and such, but nothing really fancy like a suit or sumn.

a'lana

cotton candy
I have a very complex taste in clothes so its hard for me to find clothes I like so I just always wear the same thing and when I finally really do like something I buy the same item twice. But I look the same every day lmao

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I usually wear clothes until they've fallen apart (which isn't very often), then it goes in the bin. If there's a piece of clothing I don't think I'll wear again but is still fine, I'll let my brother have it if he wants it, otherwise I donate it.

I tend to do a big clothes shopping trip around once a year, with maybe one or two nicer things outside of that (eg. something formal or a good pair of shoes).

One of the best decisions I made at the start of this year was getting rid of all my old socks and buying 20+ identical ones. Now I never have to use my brain when getting a clean pair from the wardrobe or putting them away after a load of washing.

I wear mostly hand-me-downs from my older brother, so for a long time it was just I added stuff whenever it didn't fit him anymore. Neither of us have grown in quite a while now but aside from him having given me a few things with holes in the knees or elbows everything's still in plenty good condition so I haven't seen a need to start replacing stuff. I do occasionally add something new in, maybe one or two pieces probably every four or five months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom