• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 510!

In BotW 2, what do you want the first dungeon's theme to be?

• Forest

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Fire

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth

• Wind

• Shadow

• Light

• Ice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temple

• Other (Cavern, sand, swamp or something else)

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which is your favorite Tiger Scroll technique from MC?

Third Place: Draw between "Spin Attack", "Roll Attack" and "Downthrust" (11.1% each)
Second Place: Great Spin Attack (22.2%)
First Place: Peril Beam (44.4%)

A lot of people likes the Peril Beam! It's a very unique twist on the sword beam, but I personally never used it much (I'm just too skilled, never lost that many hearts :dealwithit:)

RETRO POLL! Before we even had a title for Breath of the Wild, we called it Zelda Wii U, and back in the 94th poll in 2014 (before we knew anything of how the game would be like) I asked what you wanted the theme of the first dungeon would be. Little did we know that there wouldn't be any real Zelda-dungeons at all, and also that none of them would be the "first" one.
But even so, people voted for what they wanted! Most people back then just wanted them to stick with traditions and go for a Forest-theme for the first dungeon, but there was also a few votes for keeping it theme-less, or for cavern or swamp themes.
We find ourselves in a somewhat simillar situation at the moment, as we don't know much about BotW 2, but many of us are hoping to get real dungeons back! But only two of the voters back then are still active on here today (mαrkαsscoρ and Mellow Ezlo), so the results may have changed a lot!

This week's question: In BotW 2, what do you want the first dungeon's theme to be?

Forest
Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Shadow
Light
Ice
Temple
Other (Cavern, sand, swamp or something else)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think the current cycle of fire/forest/earth/water is very played out at this point, so I'd be more interested in dungeons that are themed around less common things. I suggested in another thread that I'd like a dungeon themed around entropy, in which the dungeon itself is slowly decaying as the protagonist ventures through it.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I suggested in another thread that I'd like a dungeon themed around entropy, in which the dungeon itself is slowly decaying as the protagonist ventures through it.
Like a Forbidden Woods, but it starts out pristine, but the further in you come, the more it decays and rotts? Like a visual version of Ganondorf's organ playing from OoT?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'd be interested to see the old poll, as I am sure my answer has probably changed since 2014!

To answer it this time, I think the Forest/Fire/Water cycle is pretty tired at this point (even after Skyward Sword attempted to amend it with the Desert/Mechanical theme for the third dungeon).

I would actually like for them to focus less on themes for BotW 2 and more on creating believable locations for the dungeons rather than an arbitrary themed temple in the middle of a similarly themed region. A few games have done this well; Dragon Roost Cavern, Snowpeak Ruins, and the Sandship come to mind, and I would love for them to explore this concept more.

An abandoned cavern near an old mine? Something like that would be cool! A spooky mansion in an overgrown forest? Awesome idea! A ruined city taken over by evil? That would be dope! The dungeons I tend to like most in games are ones that make sense and seem like they have a purpose, rather than simply being a sequence of unrealistic rooms with puzzles and an arbitrary theme.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Like a Forbidden Woods, but it starts out pristine, but the further in you come, the more it decays and rotts? Like a visual version of Ganondorf's organ playing from OoT?

I was more imagining a dungeon that seems to be decaying in real time. Imagined a ruined dungeon that seems to rot away a bit at a time, small bits of it breaking off and hovering in the air like a thick wave of dust that refuses to dissipate. Maybe enemies could share the same aesthetic. While some are upright and capable of attacking the protagonist, others are crippled by decay, trapped in a state of seeming undeath but unable to truly lash out at you.

I was more imagining a dungeon that seems to be decaying in real time. Imagined a ruined dungeon that seems to rot away a bit at a time, small bits of it breaking off and hovering in the air like a thick wave of dust that refuses to dissipate. Maybe enemies could share the same aesthetic. While some are upright and capable of attacking the protagonist, others are crippled by decay, trapped in a state of seeming undeath but unable to truly lash out at you.
Kinda reminds me of the first level of Metroid Prime.

I voted for Shadow because we haven't gotten an early game shadow themed dungeon in any Zelda game if my memory serves me correctly. So that'd be a cool break from conventions. Maybe something that relies more on some puzzles revolving around darkness more so than enemies.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I voted eath temple. If the games focus is going to be on the sky, I don't want to start there. I want to be pulled into it. Let us begin underground and have our eyes dazzled when we reach the surface. I also feel like once you're far enough in and the world gets bigger, to get plunged into any underground dungeon would feel small scale and suffocating. It's better to get it out of the way earlier. Also also, it would mirror the way the trailers were presented. That sort of parallelism is just cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom