• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Could you explain the Mint vote? I don't think you gave any thoughts on them?
Why? I understand that I am in your scumreads, but what is your reasoning for it?
It's difficult to translate a vibe into concrete reasons, but let me give it a try.

The majority of your posts have been questions. Often those questions blow mischaracterize people's original positions into something more outlandish. For example, in your first post:
> KoD: Consider yourself signed up for being my prime suspect Dawn. Keep it up and we'll see where it lands you.
Will you consider everyone who questions you to be mafia?
Not an unreasonable question, but the way it's phrased makes it an exaggeration of the position. It feels dishonest. A more honest way to ask would be something like, "Are you considering Dawn as mafia just because they're questioning you?" It's more directly relevant to the point at hand and doesn't assume as much.

Or here:
> DW: Ultimately at this point, I think he's probably more likely to be town who thinks he'll get something out of pulling this show for some reason that doesn't make sense to me, simply because I don't see what the point of doing so would be if he's scum. If he can't follow through on the threat there's a decent chance people call him scum later, putting him at a much greater risk of being voted out.
Do you think mafia would not do something so attention drawing?
Again, they laid out their reasons why they think it is unlikely that mafia!KoD would do something like this. But the question has been mischaracterized to focus on how it's a bold move, rather than a move that requires them to follow up later. Of course mafia make bold moves. But that wasn't the point.

I don't think these questions are being consciously mischaracterized, but I think it still feels dishonest.

What about the other three you scumread? Do you see all of us being of the same alignment? Why do you two read the people you town read?
No, of course not. I generally don't try to guess every member of the mafia team simultaneously, before we have any confirmed info. But again, this feels like a mischaracterization that redirects away from actual reasons to be suspicious. Maybe it's just a tone difference, but that's why I'm suspicious of you.

I townread the people I do because they feel more honest about their discussion.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 1.6.

ExLight
(2) - Storm, Seanzie
15377 (1) - SouldAdvent
Mint Elv (1) - Paranoid King
KoD (1) - Ragnarokio
Not voting (8) - Laurentus, KoD, DawningWinds, 15377, EchoLight, Mint, Jinjo, Minish

Phase shortening (1) - Storm
Add Hammer Rules (3) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio, Storm

Phase ends on April 23rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

No, I started with the same amount of money as everyone else, but have already gained more. Not a whole lot more (I think I'm at like a 1100 or so? I'd have to check.), but it's gonna go up every phase and there's nothing I can do about it because my role's compulsory and I can't drop it using the market because I can't buy from the market, meaning I can't agree to the bribery strategy.

hmmmmmm

guys i have a bad feeling about this :v…

What is stopping DawningWinds from siding with the Mafia if he will win anyway with the highest amount of money?

I feel like this would be a safe lynching but I don’t really know what to do about this so I would appreciate help :u (and not to be ignored again… >>;;)

*cough* probably at least much better than lynching the host *cough* xD

I got no answer so I am guessing nobody knows, or they just don’t care.

maybe this will make people notice :mad::mad:

Vote: Laurentus

I meant to address this earlier but started eating bacon sandwiches while drafting and forgot about it because mmmm.....bacon...my apologies. My experience with Lau is brief, 3 games. One co-player, one spectator, and one hosting. The first two were on wintreath (his home site). There he is one of the more prolific posters. The third he came to NGA (my home site) for a game and was prodded 24 hours into the game start; less for activity in thread more because he had a lover role and hadn't even reported for duty in their discord either and the other lover was inquiring about their absence. Once he was there and settled in both thread and discord he was much more present. So this feels similar to that for me. There's also the possibility that he's a silenced player though.

Lau if you're here and silenced, react to this post, ja?

As for DW and the money win, that would be a strategy if DW was a known 3p with sole ownership of the money win because it's basic 3p precaution. But the money win will remain even if DW is removed so that threat will loom over every lynch until game's end regardless of if DW is lynched or not. With DW here being the likely winner of said mini game, given his claim so far, I think it's more pertinent to leave him unless we read him as non-town.

you know what time it is
STORM'S LIST OF BADASS F*CKITUDE
  • Numbers
  • DawningWinds-not exactly a nulltell, but you havent done anything suspicious yet i believe
  • Echolight
  • Jinjo
  • KoD-already trying to make enemies by going "Grr. Im buying the thing"
  • Laurentus
  • Minish
  • Mintish
  • PK
  • Rag
  • Seanzie
  • Soul
  • Storm
I can't make sense of this reads list at all. Is this RVS shenaniganry? Is it a tier list? Why does it even exist?

I meant to address this earlier but started eating bacon sandwiches while drafting and forgot about it because mmmm.....bacon...my apologies. My experience with Lau is brief, 3 games. One co-player, one spectator, and one hosting. The first two were on wintreath (his home site). There he is one of the more prolific posters. The third he came to NGA (my home site) for a game and was prodded 24 hours into the game start; less for activity in thread more because he had a lover role and hadn't even reported for duty in their discord either and the other lover was inquiring about their absence. Once he was there and settled in both thread and discord he was much more present. So this feels similar to that for me. There's also the possibility that he's a silenced player though.

As for DW and the money win, that would be a strategy if DW was a known 3p with sole ownership of the money win because it's basic 3p precaution. But the money win will remain even if DW is removed so that threat will loom over every lynch until game's end regardless of if DW is lynched or not. With DW here being the likely winner of said mini game, given his claim so far, I think it's more pertinent to leave him unless we read him as non-town.
This is a good if limited understanding of my meta. I am not post restricted. I am slow to enter new communities, though. Who do I know you as, by the by?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 1.7.

ExLight
(2) - Storm, Seanzie
Mint Elv (1) - Paranoid King
KoD (1) - Ragnarokio
Laurentus (1) - SoulAdvent
Not voting (8) - Laurentus, KoD, DawningWinds, 15377, EchoLight, Mint, Jinjo, Minish

Phase shortening (1) - Storm
Add Hammer Rules (3) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio, Storm

Phase ends on April 23rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

12h UNTIL DEADLINE

Noted about Laurentus! They finally posted now too lol. I got my eye on them still ; )))))

You are correct that even if DW is lynched, he can still win, but while he is alive, say he is town, nothing stops him from siding with the mafia as all that matters in the game is to… win :u. I would likely think of scum siding too or just at best being very neutral if I don’t have to do anything while my bags increase and my victory is guaranteed.

Oh, I'm doing more than buying the thing, Storm.

I'm about to wreck someone's life.
This is actually more the type of aggression I was expecting from you, just by reputation. Don't know where that leaves me, though, because I've only seen you as Town and in those games, you weren't as aggressive as I was expecting. I'm not counting Botwolf.

Uh, it's been a long time since I've played around these parts. It looks
I just don't understand how you expect to use the flavorcop to out scum in a game where the information it gives you has around a 0% chance of actually telling you anything solid about their alignment, or if you do have a plan to do this why you would out the existence of such a plan.
This sounds like you're pre-emptively laying the groundwork to discredit any play KoD makes, in case he uses it on you and the result isn't favourable.

How seriously am I supposed to take this post?

I can see how buying flavourcop could be indicative that KoD doesn't want his role revealed, not because he's making such a show about announcing it though, simply just because it denies other people who could use it on him access to the ability, meaning it can't be used to buy the role; I don't see this as likely to be his sole motivation, though, because then it would be equally effective to just quietly buy the magnifying glass without letting people know that he's the one who did so.

I can also see how buying the flavour cop could be scum indicative; due to its unlikelyhood of being able to identify people's alignments, and the possibility that it can't be used to catch Mafia in a lie, it ends up most likely being more useful to scum than to town, as it might have some use for identifying threatening roles, depending on what's contained in that "brief description". But again, if he were scum buying the magnifying glass for its use in that, not making this show feels more logical unless he has some specific secondary plan related to doing.
This is a whole lot of words to make a null read. I think you're scum.

Ultimately at this point, I think he's probably more likely to be town who thinks he'll get something out of pulling this show for some reason that doesn't make sense to me, simply because I don't see what the point of doing so would be if he's scum. If he can't follow through on the threat there's a decent chance people call him scum later, putting him at a much greater risk of being voted out.
Hmm. I disagree with my earlier assessment. This thought-process looks genuine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom