• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Ugh, now I need to find mafia, don't I?

Someone come do something scummy so I can flip you.

Also, I kind of thought of a fun strategy for this game, but I don't know if people would agree.

The "richest person" wincon is interesting and possibly exploitable. If all townies agreed, we could agree to allow one mafioso to out
Thank you. <3

Now...are you town?

I am the towniest town that has ever towned.

Whoops, the first part of that shouldn't have been there. Lemme finish typing that up.

Also, I kind of thought of a fun strategy for this game, but I don't know if people would agree.

The "richest person" wincon is interesting and possibly exploitable. If all townies agreed, we could agree to allow one mafioso to out on the condition that we force everyone else to spend their money in the store (we'd create a speadsheet and keep track of everyone's spending to make sure everyone except that person is regularly spending). This would essentially remove one mafioso from the game (who gets an easy win) at the "cost" of not having townies able to get the "richest person" wincon.

however it would require that one mafioso to betray their team and put a lot of trust into town that town wouldn't betray them.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I am the towniest town that has ever towned.

Great! I'll believe you for now, just because there isn't evidence yet that points to you being scum. But it is still Day 1, so not much evidence actually exists. But your suspicion and your idea you just posted seems to put you in a positive light. It seems like something a townie would do.

The "richest person" wincon is interesting and possibly exploitable. If all townies agreed, we could agree to allow one mafioso to out on the condition that we force everyone else to spend their money in the store (we'd create a speadsheet and keep track of everyone's spending to make sure everyone except that person is regularly spending). This would essentially remove one mafioso from the game (who gets an easy win) at the "cost" of not having townies able to get the "richest person" wincon.

however it would require that one mafioso to betray their team and put a lot of trust into town that town wouldn't betray them.

I like the idea, sounds good for town obviously, but I don't know if any mafia players would take the risk. Since they know which alignment everyone is, the other mafia players might feel threatened and get rid of the betrayer in order for them not to get exposed.

And if they choose to secretly stay on the mafia side and tell us people who actually aren't mafia, they'd get caught once one of the innocent get voted out.

Bascially, I want it to work, but idk if we'd actually get a mafia player to become neutral, much less help us out.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
For the record, Echo is super innocent (as a person, not like as an alignment), and thus will come across differently than the people who usually play mafia. She is correct that we haven't seen her role Mafia yet, and I'm kinda worried for when she does. Because I don't think she'll feel great about lying, and I also will feel bad about voting her. Lol.

Anyways, as for the money ideas...the rules say that there will be ways to gain and lose money throughout the game. We obviously know that the marketplace is a way to lose money. But we don't know of all the ways to gain/lose and some of them may be out of our control. So it's a bit hard to do anything that involves planning with money until we know what exactly we're working with. I also just don't think any mafia would betray their scumbuds like that (especially since Ex and funnier are hosting and KoD is playing, so we can't have another outting fiasco, lmao).

Mint Elv

Fish!
@ExLight Your mentions didn’t work. At least not for me.

Vote: Phase Shortage
I do not see a benefit to this before any discussion has started. At least no benefit for town. I’ve played a bit on another site, and day ones often end up in mislynches. I do not see cutting our time short preventing that.
i dont recall how things go on Bulbagarden, but by the end of this nobody is gonna talk, because the meta i see here is usually " kill the Talkers"

but let's enjoy RVS while we can, alright

Vote: Exlight
Has this happened in multiple games on here?
Consider yourself signed up for being my prime suspect Dawn. Keep it up and we'll see where it lands you.
Will you consider everyone who questions you to be mafia?
Yeah, no, you're certainly treating me like a joke. Not only that, but why would I go further into detail for you since you're already curious about the why I would talk about it in the first place?

Like, do you not see how scummy that is? Or, rather, are you that worried about being my prime suspect that I'm about to trigger your demise?

Because I can't fathom why you'd pursue that which you question in the first place.
I do not believe that DawningWinds behavior is scummy. I myself question the choice in the announcement and the choice for what you chose to buy. The game has no theme so I do not see how flavor would help I this case.
I'm excited! This seems like it'll be a fun game, and I love hidden roles.

I suspect KoD doesn't want their own role outed, and is going ham about identifying other people to cover that up. Therefore, I can only conclude that KoD is...

The Betrayer!

(That being the most ominous sounding role.)
Why do you believe they do not want their role outed?
hi friends

i'm hungry
Hi hungry. I’m Mint Elv
Ultimately at this point, I think he's probably more likely to be town who thinks he'll get something out of pulling this show for some reason that doesn't make sense to me, simply because I don't see what the point of doing so would be if he's scum. If he can't follow through on the threat there's a decent chance people call him scum later, putting him at a much greater risk of being voted out.
Do you think mafia would not do something so attention drawing?
...This is a really good point. I can definitely see how buying flavourcop to keep scum from doing so would be a good call. I doubt that was KoD's reasoning based on his posts, but this is good for people to note in the future when more scum-useful items come up later on.
Buying useful items before mafia can is certainly a good idea. Unfortunately the sales are anonymous and without knowing who is who, there is not an easy way to coordinate. Though town does have a natural advantage. Town outnumbers mafia so if mafia is not on during sales then town is more likely to get them.
If people speculate about why the person did that certain thing and the speculation is that it's a reaction test, then it basically nullifies the test and lets people know to not react to it/change their reaction to it. Which is scummy because only scum has something to hide there. Town's reactions should be genuine and have nothing to hide.
I believe it would depend on how it is handled and how others react.
The game has finally started!! Yay!!

I am kind of confused (or more accurately, i start feeling dizzy?) when thinking about this money function. It seems like it’s better to hold your money? If everyone starts with 1000 and everyone with the highest amount ties, then just holding the money and not buying anything should mean everyone wins, right??

Though, now that somebody has bought something, that definitely does not seem that it will be the case ^^;;
That does not sound very fun.
I am Town btw ;3c

All the Mafia needs to DIEEEE for me to win!!

^you can check that statement if you can & want because i am not hiding anything…! (except ExLight’s private message to me… :u)
Are lie detectors common here?
If your first sentence is some sort of inside joke, you're going to have to explain it because it is IMO not a good response to my question.
Does anyone ever say anything except town when you ask for their alignment?

That’s just wrong. Where is the fun if we do not scumhunt?

Anyways, as for the money ideas...the rules say that there will be ways to gain and lose money throughout the game. We obviously know that the marketplace is a way to lose money. But we don't know of all the ways to gain/lose and some of them may be out of our control. So it's a bit hard to do anything that involves planning with money until we know what exactly we're working with. I also just don't think any mafia would betray their scumbuds like that (especially since Ex and funnier are hosting and KoD is playing, so we can't have another outting fiasco, lmao).
Oooooh my gooood I just got the best idea ever!!

The Mafia that reveals their teammates first will get Town’s money through the game’s mechanics! Basically, we promise money, the Mafia reveals the team, and we give them our money, then we end the game and the Mafia that revealed the team will win!! :DD

These kind of games can just become so stressful, it’s not a bad offer for a win. The Mafia players who get the short end of the stick would be furious but that’s because they would be mad they didn’t do it first xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom