• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Static shocks...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
...are freaking annoying! This happens to me every morning. Whenever I touch something I get a light electric shock. It's not that bad but so damn annoying! Sometimes I have to make my comb wet to do something about static hair as well. Who else have this happen to them too?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I get more staticky in winter
like if I go a few minutes without touching a piece of metal my next one will be a shock

maybe I should start wearing jewelry of some kind to act as a ground

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I love when I'm arranging my fuzzy blanket nest at night and I can see little bursts of light from under the fabric from where the static is releasing.

It doesn't really bother me though, no. What bothers me is my dad like constantly touching me trying to release static and it's like, that's more annoying than actually getting zapped.

I love that too! I have a crocheted blanket I sleep with and sometimes at night, moving it around makes such pretty sparks.

I don't mind static shocks too much. I guess since I don't experience them a ton. When they do happen they can hurt a bit but it passes quick.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
It is SO BAD for me
I get them a lot already but recently Target went through an ugly knitted sweater phase and I'd get really bad shocks just from hanging them on the metal bars
There's been a couple other times where I've actually seen the spark from them even in the day

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Plastic tube playground slides always did that to me when I was a kid. Nine times out of ten I got zapped in the shin and torso, especially when the weather got colder.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Don't remember getting any recently but when I used to do sports on the astro turf in summer by rubbing my feet on the ground I could generate a shock in my finger to zap someone with

...are freaking annoying! This happens to me every morning. Whenever I touch something I get a light electric shock. It's not that bad but so damn annoying! Sometimes I have to make my comb wet to do something about static hair as well. Who else have this happen to them too?
Fear not your latent superpowers. Today, static shocks! Tomorrow...you move up the bathroom line a lot quicker! And in one year and a training montage from now, you will be blasting lightning and asked to join the hero or villain team of your choice.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I remember getting some pretty intense static shocks as a child but haven’t really had any that I can remember for years. Perhaps I should rub my hair on a trampoline again and see how much I can charge up like I used to :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom