• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Being Sick In Public....

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Have you ever been sick in public if yea what do you do??
Do you like laugh it off or be totally cringed out...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Only in primary school did I chunder over the desk and it serves the teacher right too for not letting me go home when I said I felt unwell. I hope she enjoyed cleaning that up.

Only instance for me was when I was home from school with strep throat, and I came with my mom in the car--can't remember why, probably to pick my sister up from school--and I ended up vomitting in a Tim Hortons drivethru. I'm someone who regularly suffers from motion sickness in the car but I never actually like, get to the point something comes up? But I guess already being sick really compounded it. I have no idea uh, how the car behind us reacted to me opening the door to just be sick.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I can only recall a single instance in my life where I haven't make it to some kind of bucket or drain before barfing, and it was at home an instant reaction from drinking citrus juice after fasting for 18 hours

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Summer of 2013, me and my family was on vacation in Spain, and I'd eaten something earlier in the day that got me feeling bad later. I felt very tired and slow when we were about to go out for dinner, and it took me probably at least 3 times longer to walk to the place where the resturants were than it usually did. Once we got over there, I could barely stand, my mom kinda started to understand what was going on, so we didn't actually go into the resturant (which was very lucky that we didn't). I sat down at the pier and didn't move for about 20 minutes... Then I just started vomiting into the ocean. I don't remember how many times I did it, but it sorta completely emptied my stomache.
There was a lot of people around at the time, but I had no idea how many were watching me, nor did I care, as I was a bit focused on puking my guts out at that moment. Later it took about the same time to get back home to our room (but now I was just weak and tired, not bloated and slow anymore). For weeks afterwards I had trouble eating because my stomache had shrunk, so it couldn't take as much food anymore... Needed to stretch it out slowly over time.
Haven't vomited since! :D

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I can't remember how old I was, but there was an occassion when my family decided to go out to eat for dinner when I was a kid and I ended up getting sick. I was fine up until we got to the restuarant, I suddenly started feeling unwell as we were going in. I didn't want to ruin it for everyone, so I just didn't tell anyone.

I told everyone I wasn't hungry, and I tried acting interested when relatives talked to me, but I felt so bad that the entire hour and a half we were there was torture. I did order a Sprite thinking maybe drinking something might help, and drinking it just gave me something to focus on. There were free refills though – and our waitress was like remarkably on top of her job, so everytime my glass got like a quater full she would refill it, and I couldn't muster the energy to tell her I didn't want anymore because every last little bit I had was being spent trying to seem normal.

I could have stopped drinking, but like I said, drinking the soda was like the only thing grounding me, plus I didn't want to waste it. My plan was to wait for everyone to get their food so that the liklihood of anyone from my family being in the restroom when I was going to go puke my guts out would be extremely low. So I drank about 5 or 6 glasses of Sprite in that hour, the food was served, and I quickly made my way to the restroom, where I vomited Sprite flavored acid. There were other people in the restroom that heard me puking in a stall, and must have saw me come out to wash my face, but I wasn't paying attention to anyone at all. Anyway, washing my face felt nice, and I regained my composure to make my way back to the table my family was at... but then sat down to find another topped off glass of Sprite.

The next hour felt like an eternity as I forced myself to try finishing off that glass of Sprite after I just puked Sprite, and although eventually my stomach felt better, my energy was completely zapped. I have always been pretty quiet and to myself around family, so nobody caught on that I was feeling bad. When I got home I locked myself in my room and passed out.

That was the only time I got sick in public, it's also the reason I hate Sprite to this day.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Fortunately never in a crowded place or in public. However I puked my guts out at a friend's house. I felt unwell and was running to the restroom....being occupied by my bloody sister. I begged her to hurry up but it was too late. I puked in the hallway.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ive been sick publucly that i can remember twice...once in primary school and the teacher didnt believe me and i get sent home 2nd time was at work and luckily managed to grab a bin...

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I remember an instance where I was running a mile cross country for Junior High School PE Class, usually at the end of the run my joints and face would be on fire and I would be just drenched in sweat, however this particular instance after running a classmate of mine noticed my face looked really flush, it turned out that I actually ran that mile on a low fever and I was sent home.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've gotten sick at social gatherings after drinking heavily many times, if that counts. I've learned my limits since then, though.

I recall a time when I was a kid, I don't remember exactly what caused it (probably ate something I shouldn't have) but I let a big one out in the car. It kinda came completely out of nowhere, and got everywhere. I was probably four or five at the time.

Aro

Have you ever been sick in public if yea what do you do??
Do you like laugh it off or be totally cringed out...
If you’re asking us a question for you, then I’d say that if it’s serious tell someone that you are seriously feeling sick and then be careful as to what you do to not make yourself feel worse, if someone asks just say you’re not feeling well and if someone is entitled enough to want you to go away from them due to your sickness then that’s their problem. If you do have a contagious problem and you are near people then try to get to a more private area or a more sparse area and rest and try to feel better, also if you can distract yourself you’ll feel better and the people around you won’t notice/care as much, and just use common sense and simple curtesies

if this wasn’t a question for you, then this is still what I do for myself when I feel sick

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
If you’re asking us a question for you, then I’d say that if it’s serious tell someone that you are seriously feeling sick and then be careful as to what you do to not make yourself feel worse, if someone asks just say you’re not feeling well and if someone is entitled enough to want you to go away from them due to your sickness then that’s their problem. If you do have a contagious problem and you are near people then try to get to a more private area or a more sparse area and rest and try to feel better, also if you can distract yourself you’ll feel better and the people around you won’t notice/care as much, and just use common sense and simple curtesies

if this wasn’t a question for you, then this is still what I do for myself when I feel sick
it was just a question if i feel sick then i try and take my mind off it....

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One day I was feeling very unwell in Tokyo and tried to get back to my apartment but I just couldn't hold it in any longer and threw up into some garden-bed on the way back to my apartment. Nobody was around but I still felt pretty bad about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom