• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Actually that's a great example of how we overrate animal intelligence
We're always talking about how smart an octopus is just because we don't expect it to be smart or something? Idk
i think its more like, we rank animals' intelligence based on how similar their intelligence is to our own

on a related note, plant intelligence is such a taboo because humankind is so insecure about redefining their concept of intelligence as being something that humanity is not the pinnacle

ironically, the modern scientific community is so against learning the unknown because it may threaten what they think they know

and thats what i meant by anthropocentrism when i complained about it the other day. its not the worth of a human life over a non human life, but literally humanity's refusal to acknowledge things without comparing them to humanity and deeming them lesser due to that specific perspective

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
You'll probably get banned
It's not like Wikipedia editing is a major passion of mine, I wouldn't mind.
i think its more like, we rank animals' intelligence based on how similar their intelligence is to our own

on a related note, plant intelligence is such a taboo because humankind is so insecure about redefining their concept of intelligence as being something that humanity is not the pinnacle

ironically, the modern scientific community is so against learning the unknown because it may threaten what they think they know
and thats what i meant by anthropocentrism when i complained about it the other day. its not the worth of a human life over a non human life, but literally humanity's refusal to acknowledge things without comparing them to humanity and deeming them lesser due to that specific perspective
I'm pretty sure humanity is the absolute pinnacle of intelligence, we are the only living things in God's creation that have souls, so I'd say yes, all other life is lesser to humanity, but that does not make them worth anything less, just that all plants and animals are less that humanity in importance. As for your point about humankind being insecure about redefining our concept of intelligence, I'd say that's like, people not realizing that you can acknowledge the good in something and still acknowledge the good in something else, or the flaws in the first thing.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
95pbr5jetdp81.jpg

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
people overrate animal intelligence
Yes it is cool that bees can do math and crows understand fluid dynamics (and I mean think about how cool that is it's really freaking cool) but what if we had the same expectations for humans
Can you believe that they've developed countless written languages for thousands of years? They can communicate with other members of their species from thousands of miles away

Stuff like that. Like why's the bar so low for dogs man I don't get it
Literally just people expect animals to be brainless or not living things or what?
It’s just that I find stuff like that interesting is all

It’s just pretty fascinating how elephants can put sticks around a dead animal and mourn over it

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I was taken aback by the Gerudo being taller than the Gorons but yeah that does make sense. I'm like 6'3 exact iirc so I'll just take Goron and roll with that :goron:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom