• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some New Gameplay Mechanics You'd Like to See in Tears of the Kingdom?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
When we last saw Breath of the Wild's sequel, we were shown a few new gameplay mechanics. In one instance Link seems to use some modified version of Stasis. Stasis being a rune that freezes objects in time temporarily, it would appear this new version freezes an object and then sends it backwards in time to it's original location. Then there was what looks like some kind of portal mechanic that allows Link to pass through objects.

Perhaps there will be more new gameplay mechanics in addition to the ones we have seen? Maybe we'll get upgrades to other runes from the Sheikah Slate? Improvements to the weapon durability system (which could be wishful thinking). Could we finally be able to swim underwater again?

What are some new mechanics you'd like to see, or existing ones from past games that you'd like to make a return?

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Maybe a homestead. Would be nice to do the cliche "Build your land" thing videogames do. Not as intense as Fallout 4, but maybe like.. Assassins Creed 2.

I would like Link to have a partner, maybe a dog, not to fight alongside just to be a companion.
I would also like Link to have a bit more interaction with others as in more options in what he can say, rather than the standard or ‘goodbye’.
It would be nice too if he has a home, as in BotW, he can leave his horse (or his dog) at home and they will still be there when he returns.
But those things are never going to happen as BotW 2 has been sorted already, I would think by now it’s just some polishing being done!
Role on the release!!!

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I would like Link to have a partner, maybe a dog, not to fight alongside just to be a companion.
I would also like Link to have a bit more interaction with others as in more options in what he can say, rather than the standard or ‘goodbye’.
It would be nice too if he has a home, as in BotW, he can leave his horse (or his dog) at home and they will still be there when he returns.
But those things are never going to happen as BotW 2 has been sorted already, I would think by now it’s just some polishing being done!
Role on the release!!!
Have you heard of Skyrim?

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
I would like it if they added a hookshot to climb around in the overworld, bring songs and musical instruments back like in previous Zelda games, and being able to pet/tame dogs or wolves so they could be a companion (maybe they could help you fight groups of enemies, or "herd" wild horses or deer/boars/wild goats for you to hunt/tame).

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Remember Gasha seeds? We've got ingredients and produce now, let's see a system for dropping seeds and planting vegetables. I think it would fit with the 'exploration of nature' focus of the first game to be able to plant a shrimp out in the wild and return a week later to find several more. It wouldn't be a grand mechanic but it might draw you into the world that much more and give you something to do with excess plants. Maybe you randomly get a golden version of the ingredient of you plant it and return for harvest.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I would kill for a way to upgrade the durability of certain weapons. Idk if that counts as a mechanic, but it would be rewarding having to work to keep your favorite weapons from breaking. I'm super excited for some of the mechanics we saw in the trailer, too.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I would kill for a way to upgrade the durability of certain weapons. Idk if that counts as a mechanic, but it would be rewarding having to work to keep your favorite weapons from breaking. I'm super excited for some of the mechanics we saw in the trailer, too.
I was so disappointed when miphas Trident finally broke. It's really upsetting to not be able to use such unique weapons because they're just gonna break

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Quality swordplay. Link's supposed to be a master swordsman (heh), so let the player actually make use of that skill. Go beyond just the highly situational hidden skills and actually make something of Link as a melee fighter.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Quality swordplay. Link's supposed to be a master swordsman (heh), so let the player actually make use of that skill. Go beyond just the highly situational hidden skills and actually make something of Link as a melee fighter.

Actually I think the series could use more hyper-situational sword play like they had in WW and TP. That would be awesome. A little button press to make Link do a dodge roll into a slash :ezlo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom