• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
it didn't blow anyone away but there's some good stuff, the major ones being bayonetta 3, the new kirby, and n64 and genesis nso

stuff that I'll definitely look out for are the castlevania collection, the new chocobo racing, actraiser remake, and probably kotor

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm psyched for Kirby. Always wanted Nintendo to take other characters into 3D that aren't Mario. Yoshi, Kirby, Donkey Kong, there's so much potential given how amazing Mario games always are.

Metroid: Dread still looks f*ckin dope.

Paying more for a selection of old games is sh*tty and doesn't interest me at all.

Cock teasing the final Smash character and next Animal Crossing update was a dick move, but necessary I guess. At least Animal Crossing is getting a dedicated direct, so hopefully it's something worthwhile.

And they trolled us hard with Bayonetta 3! Glad to finally see something, but now I want an Astral Chain 2...

Edit: Also didn't give a sh*t for the Mario cast. Would much rather see a trailer to see if any of the voices are good than getting "hyped" for the actors playing them...

Last edited:
It was a solid Direct. Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Splatoon 3, and Bayonetta 3 were definitely the highlights for me. I am curious about the price for the expansion to Switch Online. I'm thinking of most likely passing on it unless it's only a little more expensive per year ($25 instead of $20).

Fig

The Altruist
This direct is a hit and a miss at the same time. I'm personally excited for Kirby as my son deserves nothing but the best. Having a 3D styled Kirby is something I've wanted since Crystal Shards even though Crystal Shards is more 2.5D. Bayonetta 3 getting news after 1300+days was cathartic to the soul. The final Smash announcement being revealed wasn't something I expected as I figured they would save that for The Game Awards. Metroid Dread continues to look promising but I hope it's good.

Everything was either a sizzle reel or honestly, pretty bad. People wanted more of a service from NSO and while N64 and Sega Genesis games coming to NSO is finally a reason to consider getting NSO, it immediately tells you to re-consider when it's essentially a subscription within a subscription. Talk about scummy and greedy! But I already knew that as that's Nintendo common ideology for the past decade and a half. You might as well emulate those games since I can't fathom how anyone can justify spending $20/$35 a year for an online service and then another subscription within that subscription. Don't even get me started with the Mario movie, although the internet has already been made aware that Mario is now associated with Pratt's non-inclusive ideology in recent years. That said, like with Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik, Jack Black as Bowser is going to be the hard carry of the movie, and that load is going to be huge.

-Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks dope AF

-Metroid Dread looks great as usual

-Castlevania Advance Collection=WIN

-Kind of wary about the N64/Sega Genesis NSO, I'll have to wait and see in regards to pricing

-Don't know WTF to make of the Mario movie

Last edited:
Here is the list of everything we just saw in the direct.

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak - 2022
Mario Party Superstars - 29 October
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - 28 October
Disco Elysium - Final Cut
Hyrule Warriors - Age of Calamity - DLC - 29 October
Chocobo GP - 2022
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 2022
Animal Crossing Direct - October
Animal Crossing new content - November
Mario Golf Super Rush - update - now
Disney Magical World 2 - Enhanced Edition - December
Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic - 11 November
Dying Light 2 - Stay Human - Streaming
Triangle Strategy - 4 March
Metroid Dread - 8 October
Nintendo Switch Online - Nintendo 64
Nintendo Switch Online - Mega Drive
New Nintendo 64 style controller
New Mega Drive style controller
Shadowrun Trilogy - 2022
Castlevania Advance Collection - Now
Actraiser Renaissance - Now
Deltarune Chapter 1 and 2 - Now
Hotwheels Unleashed - 30 September
Surviving the Aftermath - 2021
Shin Megami Tensei 5 - 12 November
Wreckfest - 2021
Arcade Archives Pacman and Xevious - Now
Rune Factory 5 - 25 March
Mario Movie - 2022
Bayonetta 3 - 2022

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
monster hunter- don't care, not my thing
mario party- seems good/return to form for mario party finally
card game- probably going to be a big hit with the jrpg crowd, can't say I'm interested though. Looks well done regardless
disco elysium- seems vaguely interesting but probably would not bite the bullet on this type of thing without rave reviews
age of calamity dlc- not for me
chocobo gp- looks actually fun, may replace mario kart for the time being
kirby- this will be the first kirby game I buy since super star ultra
animal crossing dlc- imho whatever they do probably won't be enough but I'll take anything, even a scuffed Roost
mario golf dlc- free dlc? the 10 people who play this game actively are losing their minds
disney magical world port- why does this look like Balan Wonderworld
kotor- my brother plays this game, he'll probably get it
dying light 2- I'm sorry, Yet Another Zombie Game is not what we needed right now. "Persistent high speed internet connection required" and "nintendo switch" don't go well together either
triangle strategy- octopath was bad this will be bad too, it's interesting that they adjusted from demo feedback but, eh...
metroid dread- yes hmm metroid very good of course

n64/genesis- I'm on the fence with this. I think it'll mostly come down to if internet friends get the games because then I'd be more incentivized to get the games as well to play mario kart online with them and such. no matter what it would always be temporary though. The controllers are kinda funny but I might check out a genesis controller cause they look cool
shadowrun- I'm all for everything but the turn based tactical combat, I guarantee you the whole game will be incredibly well paced until you hit these combat segments that grind to a halt as you spend 30+ seconds plotting out a single turn
castlevania- I actually don't like these games lol I won't get this but I feel like there's some hard to access games included in this collection?
actraiser- looks pretty fun, the sidescroller part anyway

deltarune chapter 2- I'm fairly invested in this project of Fantastic Mr Fox's, it's really easy to see how much more effort is being put into this game than undertale so I'm glad it seems to be working out for him. Mostly I was really attracted to the premise of the first chapter, so hopefully I'll get some free time to play through and stream chapter 2 like I did for chapter 1, and I have high hopes with low expectations.
hot wheels unleashed- with my limited experience in hot wheels games, I think this'll be an underrated racing gem that goes unnoticed by the populace just because it's called "hot wheels"
surviving the aftermath- Yet Another City Builder
SMT5- Persona knockoff kappa
wreckfest- def gonna be worse than hot wheels
namco thing- unnecessary waste of development resources
rune factory 5- GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAme

Mario movie cast announcement- hoo boy there's a lot to say about this that's already been said and that's why we have a thread for it
splatoon 3- OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH where to even start. They barely showed anything it feels like but there's already so much pushing this game to replace splatoon 2, which is very good for nintendo. The combat looks off the rails with some of the most intensive specials we've seen in the series yet. I don't know how this bodes for competitive but it's gonna be a riot casually. The story is also getting super involved, with a bazillion returning cast members and a promising hook. mammals returning? WHAAA? HOW? I cannot wait to get back into splat tim
bayonetta 3- i-is this what the first two bayonetta games looked like? Is this alpha footage? This looks like a mobile game. Hopefully it gets better visually when it releases lol

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
A lot of people seem to think we are going to get news on BotW 2 for sure. I'd love for this to be the case, but I don't think it's a sure-fire thing. It isn't like they need a long marketing cycle for this game – just by virtue of it being the sequel to BotW, it'll almost sell itself. They could probably get away with making BotW 2 the major reveal for the June Direct to correlate with E3.

Still, I'd be down for BotW 2 news.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The last year of directs have been almost complete ass, with the February one in particular being the literal worst direct I’ve ever seen. Hopefully we can get something decent for once, but I really have my doubts, especially since smash is over and the small chance of getting even a slightly good character was crushed into a million pieces by the last 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom