• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legends: Arceus Discussion

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
A lot of the images running around on the internet are from the datamine aka pre patch version
The textures we've seen in promotional material is of higher quality than the internet dumps so I think day 1 patch will include better textures, especially water textures which are the main issue with the visuals. They can just do whatever they did in sword and shield, that water was serviceable

1643248469807.png

And being used poorly. Day one patches are not an excuse to release an unfinished or buggy product.
Oh my gosh I cant

For people who aren't being brick walls, looks like v 1.0.1 is already live so if anyone is playing it in 10 minutes let me know how it looks

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
A lot of the images running around on the internet are from the datamine aka pre patch version
The textures we've seen in promotional material is of higher quality than the internet dumps so I think day 1 patch will include better textures, especially water textures which are the main issue with the visuals. They can just do whatever they did in sword and shield, that water was serviceable

I'd say if it takes a day one patch to fix, then it's still an issue. If you're buying the game physically then the game should run well and look good from the get go. Imagine a young Bowsette still deployed in the military. Whatever copy of the game comes on that cartridge is the version I will be playing and judging.

Where fevered creation resides, look for a story of the divine who sits beyond time.
Spirit Orb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I dunno. It just doesn't work for me visually. It looks like the sort of game that could run on the 3DS. To me, it just kind of goes with issues like Pokemon games not including animations for attacks or just reusing character models. It makes the series look like a low effort Call of Duty annual game franchise.

It doesn't help that there are plenty of games on the Switch that just look better.
Pokemon definitely has such issues, but Legends seems to be a step in the right direction.

More work went into this game than SwSh, that's for darn sure. And it shows in the visuals, imo.

Mikey the Moblin

I'd say if it takes a day one patch to fix, then it's still an issue. If you're buying the game physically then the game should run well and look good from the get go. Imagine a young Bowsette still deployed in the military. Whatever copy of the game comes on that cartridge is the version I will be playing and judging.
Day one patches are incredibly useful options for devs with crunch time. A physical copy of the game needs to be made and that takes extra time beyond just writing the code. Day one patches circumvent this so they're becoming more and more common because it gives the devs way more time to add polish to a workable base game

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Day one patches are incredibly useful options for devs with crunch time. A physical copy of the game needs to be made and that takes extra time beyond just writing the code. Day one patches circumvent this so they're becoming more and more common because it gives the devs way more time to add polish to a workable base game

And being used poorly. Day one patches are not an excuse to release an unfinished or buggy product.

Oh my gosh I cant

Just because something is more common doesn't make it good. Pre-ordering video games is incredibly common and it's a toxic practice that preys on the hype cycle.

Say that it's 2017. Bowsette is a young soldier on deployment. His deployment internet is so slow that downloading patches more than 1 GB in size take actual days. Pokemon Arceus has arrived in the mail. Without good internet, the version in the mail is the one Bowsette will be playing. Would it be okay to justify that game's iffy graphical state by saying that a day one patch is on the way?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
or they can delay the game so it can be in a finished state, and the whole "fix it later" model isn't normalized

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

I'm like 2 seconds in and I like it already

edit: the main problem with the visuals is the lighting- whatever lighting system they used is much more realistic and high quality than all the game assets so it's creating a weird sharpness sort of effect on everything
textures seem to prioritize looking good from a distance, so close up rock features and such have very little definition but far away look strangely detailed

the sky is a jpeg, albeit a pretty one

Last edited:

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
i love this game. i am going to put my criticisms at the beginning. so first, pikachu is very yellow, VERY. he is so saturated, it looks like a fan game. this game is kinda hard, because i have been very close to death a few times, and even the low health screen looks good. one time was fall damage, and one was an alpha snorlax that i watched a video and it said it did not attack, but it did attack me AND put me in the water AND stunned me AND made me stop procrastinating and catching stuff. this game's stealth mechanics are amazing, while looking repetitive is hard, which motivates me. nighttime scares me, there is so many angry things. i just run. this game is a lot of fun. i spotted an alpha luxray and turned around. i feel like this is not a monster hunter experience, or BotW. i think this is a mix, because you go and catch and research and explore and research some more. then you come back and buy stuff, do stuff get missions and go back, repeat. there is always more to find, more challenges to face, more research to do!

Really enjoying it so far. I liked how the start of the game wasn't just choosing a Pokémon and battling a rival. The research missions seem pretty varied. I did get a bit frustrated at one point because when I first had to go into the fields it took me way too long to realize I needed to click on the area I wanted to on the map. I thought the guy guarding the front gate was glitching out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom