• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legends: Arceus Discussion

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

I love how they name a trailer after the Hisuian forms of the starter final evos and then they don't even fully show them in the trailer. Stonks. Anyway since there's now an official trailer for it its not a spoiler anymore. I'm going for Cyndaquil since Hisuian Typhlosian actually looks cool when hes got the flames out and I was never gonna get Oshawott anyway. I'm still bummed about how bad Hisuian Decidueye looks but I'll just catch a Rowlet and never evolve it since I still love Rowlet.

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
I'm gonna get dramatic flashbacks from WW playing it tomorrow. I'm getting cyndaquil. It really was a decision between bird boi Rowlett, or typhlosion. Typhlosion looks way better than deducieye. I preordered it. This is the first time I have ever preordered a game. I usually wait for the hype to die down

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It should be playable in a few hours if youve pre-ordered it
Not if you got it physical like I did. I am gonna go pick it up tomorrow afternoon tho.

I watched a playthrough of the beginning of the game just far enough to know when the earliest opportunity for changing your appearance is and I've made a plan to deal with the meager selection of options that appeal to me.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m still planning on waiting for reviews. As much as I want to be hyped, game freak has been constantly disappointing me for a few years so I’m really struggling to care.

If I do get it, I’m obviously gonna choose Oshawott. The new Decidueye form looks awful, and Typhlosion is just a terrible Pokémon design in general.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm enjoying the memes coming out about the game's visuals. I know that graphical fidelity isn't always a big priority for people, but there really are a ton of games from fifteen years ago that look better than this game. It looks like a 3DS game.

Man, I shouldn’t even bother, as there’s nothing productive about just saying I don’t like something, but I really feel the need to lament a series straying even further from what I’d like.

The first two gens and their remakes were amazing. R/S was the first to disappoint with its dumb plot and barebones feeling like they kept nothing that was good from previous gens, and then only trying 4 for maybe an hour was enough to get me to go on a long hiatus.

I tried to get into the series again with X/Y, Sun and Moon, even Sword which looked the most promising but turned out to be just more of the same watered down bland adventure with an incredibly dumb plot, low stakes, where everyone has to be friendly, and put on rails despite showing off what was advertised as an open world - it just turned out to be an empty waste of space since you can’t catch much anyway due to arbitrary hand holding. It’s too bad the cool Meowth designs had to be in this one.

I’ve managed to have a bit more fun with the Let’s Go titles but even they are not free from this general family friendly style now where they are afraid to have actually antagonistic antagonists and rivals. That and catching wild pokemon not being about weakening them first.

I’ll admit I haven’t even seen much of the leaks for this one, and was initially interested given the expectation that it was very early footage and that it would improve significantly…but no, it just looks like an awkward mess of a game. Graphics are terrible…I really would not care so much normally but Nintendo has a bit of a prestige with polish and the Pokémon company certainly has way more than enough money to at least match BotW’s fidelity, but it’s clear they wanna rush this because they know it will be successful regardless. Meanwhile games with much smaller budgets like Deadly Premonition 2 or No More Heroes 3 don’t seem to get the same pass despite ultimately being good games.

Barely any trainer battles, catching many Pokémon seems as simple as just throwing a ball at them, big open areas are pointlessly segmented and not made into an open world, and it looks nowhere near as good as even the new Pokémon Snap, showing they have little dignity or respect for their own IP. I just do not get the low bar set for the series nowadays. Here’s to hoping maybe one day they won’t have a monopoly on this whole sub genre of RPGs.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Breath of the Wild is heavily artistic without ever having to look awful…just saying.
I have yet to see anything awful about Legends, though. The environment isn't mind blowing but it still looks good. The pokemon models are actually the most detailed they've been yet, going by the leaks. Character models are still kinda fuzzy but they put the work into what matters this time around. Compare it to the swsh wild area and it's like night and day.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I seriously don't get the complaints about the game's visuals. It looks gorgeous. Riding hard on art style, sure, but I'll take a beautiful art style over high fidelity any day.

I dunno. It just doesn't work for me visually. It looks like the sort of game that could run on the 3DS. To me, it just kind of goes with issues like Pokemon games not including animations for attacks or just reusing character models. It makes the series look like a low effort Call of Duty annual game franchise.

It doesn't help that there are plenty of games on the Switch that just look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom