• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's not really Ganondorf

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
That's cool and all, but the tunic in the sky sections of the game and the clothing Ganoncorpse is wearing are not similar.

View attachment 52903

This is basically a robe he is wearing, it extends far beyond than a tunic would on his right. He is shriveled up though, but we do see this:

View attachment 52904
This image of him buffed up is consistent that it is longer on his right side. However the sleeve is also way longer than the sleeve we see from the tunic in the sky sections.
I would like to point out that his left arm in the shadow shows off a sleeve that clearly reaches up to is wrist. While his right arm shows off the full forearm. I think the shadow you are pointing out as part of his right-arm's sleeve just so happens to be part of his hair design, just saying.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I would like to point out that his left arm in the shadow shows off a sleeve that clearly reaches up to is wrist. While his right arm shows off the full forearm. I think the shadow you are pointing out as part of his right-arm's sleeve just so happens to be part of his hair design, just saying.
Lol I don't wanna just repeat stuff between this and the Reddit post but I responded there

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I joined during October dude.
I wanted to discuss on a Zelda Forum once again, and was disappointed that Zelda Wikia lost thiers. Then I stumbled over here and welp, made a profile.
I didn't change my name when you initially joined. But yeah I guess you couldn't have been too familar with it maybe, idk.

True, but they still have to explain how he got a new humanoid body. Given the fact that all three of the timelines have him lose it in death in the Childhood and the Adulthood Timelines, and in the Downfall Timeline he is stuck as Ganon and not Ganondorf. I think my theory gives an apt explaination as Pure Malice has tainted Link's body, transmuting it to be a suitable host for Ganondorf to resurrect himself within by possessing a body that is by all rights, his since it transmutes from a Hylian body to that of a Gerudo body.

There's nothing actually stating that he's stuck in beast form on the DT. We do see him in his beast form exclusively from ALttP to Zelda 1, but that doesn't mean that he's incapable of switching between forms when we've seen him do it before. Hell, in The Wind Waker, he's capable of changing back and forth (and it's implied that he was in beast form during the era of the Great Flood), but doesn't never turns into a beast.

Saying that Ganondorf loses his human form on the DT is no more than an assumption. All we know is that the entire DT has the same Ganon from OoT(yes, even BotW/BotW 2; CaC outright confirms that the Ganondorf that became Calamity Ganon was born in the same era as the Gerudo Sage of Spirit, Nabooru), and that he's insane from Oracles onward.

It's also interesting to note that while the Gerudo of BotW have pointed ears, CaC mentions that they once had round ears long ago(which they had during the era of OoT), and that Ganon's corpse had round ears when his human form never had them in the DT.

RamboBambiBambo

There's nothing actually stating that he's stuck in beast form on the DT. We do see him in his beast form exclusively from ALttP to Zelda 1, but that doesn't mean that he's incapable of switching between forms when we've seen him do it before. Hell, in The Wind Waker, he's capable of changing back and forth (and it's implied that he was in beast form during the era of the Great Flood), but doesn't never turns into a beast.

Saying that Ganondorf loses his human form on the DT is no more than an assumption. All we know is that the entire DT has the same Ganon from OoT(yes, even BotW/BotW 2; CaC outright confirms that the Ganondorf that became Calamity Ganon was born in the same era as the Gerudo Sage of Spirit, Nabooru), and that he's insane from Oracles onward.

It's also interesting to note that while the Gerudo of BotW have pointed ears, CaC mentions that they once had round ears long ago(which they had during the era of OoT), and that Ganon's corpse had round ears when his human form never had them in the DT.
What my theory states is that Link's body is slowly being transformed into Ganondorf's own body, hence why they are wearing the same attire. And the purpose of the golden arm thing was originally to slow the spread of this transformation curse to allow for the Hero of the Past to try and break the cures. But he failed and then the arm-band-thing became an influential tool in sealing away the newly resurrected Ganondorf.

It would explain quite a few things and explain where Ganondorf got his Human form again. And if I recall correctly, it was stated in both Hyrule Historia and in the Zelda Encyclopedia (which ret-conned a few of HH's statements and the timeline placement of Link's Awakening), it was stated that Ganon did indeed wish to be the being of ultimate power; permanently keeping him in his Demon Pig form for the duration of that timeline.

RamboBambiBambo

why not just stick ganon in the shrine of resurrection and give him a body that way
Come to think of it...... that might be one of Ganondorf's goals in this new game. He might try to recreate the Shrine of Resurrection to revitalize himself from his mortal flesh. Perhaps he might even attempt to sneak his body to the shrine itself and the Castle just houses Phantom Ganon?

Maybe the final fight will take place on The Great Plateau in BotW 2 as Link arrives just in time to see Ganondorf fully restored to his youth and might, resulting in the game ending where the first one began as we duel on the plateau?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom