• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Don't really understand all the praise when two of three mafia were my top town but it's appreciated nonetheless!

Good game all! I think scum had a nearly insurmountable uphill battle after N1, but I appreciate that they fought hard the whole time, and didn't make it easy. Good job town for finishing the game, and figuring out that my sensor info was incorrect. I was very worried that would lead town to their doom!

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Don't really understand all the praise when two of three mafia were my top town but it's appreciated nonetheless!

there's a lot more to the game than reading and i tend to think most good reads are coincidences anyways. The human mind is too chaotic to ascribe a lot of meaning to and there's a lot of flexibility. Even IRL, studies have mostly indicated that humans aren't capable of telling when someone is lying about something, i think. Thats just my personal view though, a lot of people think that reading is a skill. I still attempt to read players as best i can despite that.

What is unambiguously good town play though is pro-activity in solving and doing deep analysis on players and on the gamestate. That kind of attitude is what gets wolves lynched in situations where they'd otherwise be able to dominate the thread via charisma and vote-stacking (power wolfing) or in situations where they'd otherwise be able to bluff or slip their way through a situation where their alignment is rightfully solvable.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I almost Won a game... Progress?

I was rooting for you. Especially after you did try to save me.

Gg town and mafia. Both sides played well and mafia just got unlucky with town actions and claims. I agree that I think this was your best scum game Rag.

PK would have actually been a bad lynch from town's perspective here, since with his claim and only one non-godfather mafia left, the best mafia could do is draw as long as he's alive. So I'd always go Rag over PK if they're the least verified.

Seanzie and Fext were both great this game and I hope y'all join some more games here!

And thanks for hosting Pen. Was a joy as always!

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
PK would have actually been a bad lynch from town's perspective here, since with his claim and only one non-godfather mafia left, the best mafia could do is draw as long as he's alive. So I'd always go Rag over PK if they're the least verified.

depends on whether or not town is satisfied with a draw. If confronted with this angle i would probably try to make an appeal to emotion post about how aiming to win is more satisfying than avoiding losing and that PK has the highest probability of being scum. Not sure if it would have worked though. At the very least i believe that if i was around at daystart i would have had a strong chance of lynching PK, though tomorrow would have been much harder.

If I was town in this situation i probably would personally prefer playing to win rather than to draw, although it would be funny is pen kept trying to retire but decided not to every time because his game ended in a draw

you might have been hard to convince but i think KJ and kirino would have followed my logic and agreed with it, and it only takes 3 to lynch. I imagine KJ and Kirino even now might admit that considering the circumstances PK was the better lynch. To believe that I'm scum you need to believe that seanzie's sensor result was in error for some reason, and there aren't many good reasons to believe that.
Not sure about Kirino, but I would've defenitly went for it had I not pulled an ExLight move and went for that last lynch. haha

Good job, everyone. I had a lot of fun playing my first mafia game in a while. Thanks for the host, Pen.

I felt I was definitely a bit more in the background, but I'm satisfied with how I did, except for not submitting a night action. That was awkward. My bad.

Minish, Fext, and Killjoy were excellent for town. Really great turnaround from PK after Day 1 as well. ExLight definitely had me fooled. I suspected him for a short bit but backed off.
Daawwwww, you're too kind. Fext was great! I have to admit, after my town read I did start wavering a little here and there. Awesome job! As for Minish I think she's excellent regardless.

GG everyone, I enjoyed it! Pen, I want more fun like this. lol

@ChevyWerewolf30 for the D1 lynch

Now that this game is done, if anyone is fixin' for another game, on my home site we need only two more people to start a new game: https://www.mafiacafe.net/forum/sta...8784-gray-nite-s-school-of-rock-mafia-signups

Me and Fext are signed up, so if anyone joins, you'll have at least a couple people you know.
there's a lot more to the game than reading and i tend to think most good reads are coincidences anyways. The human mind is too chaotic to ascribe a lot of meaning to and there's a lot of flexibility. Even IRL, studies have mostly indicated that humans aren't capable of telling when someone is lying about something, i think. Thats just my personal view though, a lot of people think that reading is a skill. I still attempt to read players as best i can despite that.

What is unambiguously good town play though is pro-activity in solving and doing deep analysis on players and on the gamestate. That kind of attitude is what gets wolves lynched in situations where they'd otherwise be able to dominate the thread via charisma and vote-stacking (power wolfing) or in situations where they'd otherwise be able to bluff or slip their way through a situation where their alignment is rightfully solvable.

Some people actively seek to measure and quantify their ability to read, and given what I've seen, it is clear that some people are significantly better/worse than others based on this.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Thanks for hosting, Pen lol
It was fun and I'm looking forward your next final game!!!

I almost Won a game... Progress?
sorry for killing you! if you couldn't win with town we'd prolly kept you for another night, but since there was a considerable chance of rag getting killed by you we had to play safe maybe

View attachment 51950
You sly dog! So that's what happened on D3!
And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Honestly not a bad plan, right?? Too bad noone hesitated because of it during the last Day lol
I guess mechanical information speaks louder

Ragnarokio

Some people actively seek to measure and quantify their ability to read, and given what I've seen, it is clear that some people are significantly better/worse than others based on this.

I'd be interested in seeing evidence of this if you know where it might not be too difficult to find. I have seen people with significantly positive records in the discord variant where its three players and a single day where a town dayvig needs to shoot scum or lose although I don't really know what those games entail.

I'd be interested in seeing evidence of this if you know where it might not be too difficult to find. I have seen people with significantly positive records in the discord variant where its three players and a single day where a town dayvig needs to shoot scum or lose although I don't really know what those games entail.

Mafia451 has a "Mafia Academy" where people train to be better at reading. They use the Briar Score to keep track of their reads: https://forum.mafia451.com/t/how-to-measure-your-read-accuracy/4836

I know quite a few people who do this, and some of their scores are pretty impressive. Granted, I have some issues with the way accuracy is measured here, but that is a discussion for another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom