• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

like there's a massive difference between you telling me "I think that part of your plan won't work, here's why" and Fig telling me to sit down and shut up for the twentieth time

Fig

The Altruist
like there's a massive difference between you telling me "I think that part of your plan won't work, here's why" and Fig telling me to sit down and shut up for the twentieth time
I'm not telling you to shut up, I'm telling you to be more reasonable and logic with your approach. Right now I'm rather tilted with the whole ESL comment because it tells me that you are just assuming ethnic backgrounds against players from time to time which is very messed up.

When I said:
In the case Chevy turns up green, that will look pretty bad on you with how you pushed for him early on. Now that your saying " Lets hear him out!" and "Can I has nite protek?" isn't really doing you much favors. As I'm typing this you're pointing at Deku?

I meant town. which you then replied:

I think Chevy flipping Mafia would look the best for Kirino actually

seanzie/rag/kill/ex are all not really worth looking into unless Chevy actually flips red imo, otherwise that's too much time on a hypothetical for me to justify it

might do minish anyways
You initiated the Chevy bandwagon so that def puts you in that same line.

Also as others had said multiple times(paraphrasing):
THIS AIN'T ToS! STOP MAKING IT OUT AS IF IT'S ToS

I have Fig, who has spent all game telling me I have no thoughts and can't read and have no idea what I'm doing

and I have you occasionally saying a particular part of my plan is misguided or whatever

as you might imagine I'm much more willing to listen to the latter and do believe I have been taking what you've been saying into account

it may not revolutionize how I feel about things but I'm at least listening and trying to see where you're coming from as best I can in a way Fig clearly isn't
How about this? You tell us how your "plan" could help us without a mafia roleblocker interrupting your plan that even THEY seen you told everyone?

I disagree it's messed up? I know a lot of people for whom English isn't their first language and we have at time had issues discussing nuanced topics because of it. Kinda the vibe I'm getting here.

If English isn't your first language, I'm right and that's probably contributing to our failure to communicate.

If English is your first language, then that means we just really don't mesh at all.

It's not like there's anything wrong either way, it's just the impression I'm getting from how our conversations have been going.

How about this? You tell us how your "plan" could help us without a mafia roleblocker interrupting your plan that even THEY seen you told everyone?
If a mafia roleblocker roleblocks Fig and I die, then that means we know there's exactly a mafia roleblocker or Fig is lying. Approximately same for if you're blocked.

Kinda sucks that it happened but I don't think "it might not work as planned" is valid justification to throw out the whole thing when at least we'd still get info either way, it's still way better to have the Mafia spend resources on blocking this plan then it would be to let them roleblock, say, a Sheriff, and the upside is we're guaranteed to not accidentally boost a Mafia unless they have some kinda Transporter, which would be REALLY good to know!

Fig

The Altruist
I disagree it's messed up? I know a lot of people for whom English isn't their first language and we have at time had issues discussing nuanced topics because of it. Kinda the vibe I'm getting here.

If English isn't your first language, I'm right and that's probably contributing to our failure to communicate.

If English is your first language, then that means we just really don't mesh at all.

It's not like there's anything wrong either way, it's just the impression I'm getting from how our conversations have been going.
Because you are wrong. English is my native language. But do go ahead and believe that you are correct by throwing out that "it's just an ESL moment", which is somewhat close to being racist if you aren't aware of that because it is, especially given how you purposefully asked me to repeat myself after many times of explaining it.

plus I feel like I've probably gotten most of what I actually can from this game outside of night actions?

so like if players with more experience survive and I die then I'll know I earned it and trust y'all to bring it home

and if Chevy is town we can just ignore all of this and no loss

Fig I know people irl who have lived in America their whole lives for whom English is their second language

It's not discriminatory to suspect somebody on the internet who could come from literally anywhere in the world might be having a hard time making sense to me because they could be any of the more than 7 billion people who don't speak English natively

Fig

The Altruist
If a mafia roleblocker roleblocks Fig and I die, then that means we know there's exactly a mafia roleblocker or Fig is lying. Approximately same for if you're blocked.

Kinda sucks that it happened but I don't think "it might not work as planned" is valid justification to throw out the whole thing when at least we'd still get info either way, it's still way better to have the Mafia spend resources on blocking this plan then it would be to let them roleblock, say, a Sheriff, and the upside is we're guaranteed to not accidentally boost a Mafia unless they have some kinda Transporter, which would be REALLY good to know!
Literally doesn't prove anything. You forget that I'm likely to die as well tonight. You also forget that my chance to heal is 50% per shot. I'm telling you this right now, I'm never picking you as a healing option. You will live if mafia or other killing roles don't pick you out. There's many people I will be choosing who I deem are town-leaning in my eyes but I'm not going to say who to force mafia to take a guess.

What makes you think I wont get roleblocked instead? Let's say I do, and Figs Night Action still fails?

then we know there's a scum roleblocker or you're lying about it

what would be worse is if they didn't RB you and the chance of me not being healed went through

but frankly for scum who are down a member I think they need the kill more than they need your role to not be confirmed

praying on a 50% (or even 25%) chance of not losing out on the kill when, if they do hit the heal, they also confirm Fig in the process and don't prevent you from being confirmed, seems insanely dumb to me

look I think discussing this is pointless

I trust the both of you, should Chevy flip red, to consider that that means that myself, Minish, and even Kirino are far and away the least likely people to be scum here as we collectively pushed him over against an easy target for literally no good reason

and act accordingly

Further debate is kinda pointless

@Viral Maze we probably gonna be ending day soon, one way or another

any final thoughts? I think everybody else has gotten a word in after the extension except Chevy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom