• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Ragnarokio - 3 (Chevywolf30, DekuNut, ExLight)
Chevywolf30 - 3 (Morbid Minish, Kirino, Paranoid King)
Paranoid King - 3 (Seanzie, Killjoy262, Storm)
Storm - 1 (Fext)

Not voting - Viral Maze, Fig, A Link In Time, Ragnarokio

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, October 9th 2021 at 6:00 PM EST.

i don't think mindlessly wagoning somewhat inactive people is the best strategy in generating proper discussion
:err:
I also don't think mindlessly sitting here with Chevy in the lead when we did an extension is a great strategy either. Gamestate has been flat since the extension was called. I'm trying to shake things up, because otherwise we just have NO discussion.

After being gone almost all gameday, PK popped in shortly after EoD was supposed to be. What do you think of that?

I also don't think mindlessly sitting here with Chevy in the lead when we did an extension when Chevy was on the chopping block is a great strategy either. Gamestate has been flat since the extension was called. I'm trying to shake things up, because otherwise we just have NO discussion.

After being gone almost all gameday, PK popped in shortly after EoD was supposed to be. What do you think of that?
EBWOP

I mean if their goal was to stay low by not posting they didn't have to do so after the extension was granted, right?

I'm not sure what's your point here
You wanted discussion, I'm trying to facilitate it. I don't have a point, but I know it struck me as odd that they did that.

If a wolf was purposefully trying to slank, but feeling pressure for slanking too long prior to EoD, they might hold out in hopes that EoD would happen, but then given an extension, give into that pressure they were feeling. Not saying that is what is going on here, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility either.

Furthermore I think that if people aren't going to actively play the game it's going to be impossible to sort them later on

As such I'd argue it's beneficial to wagon the lowposters early on and spend our time and resources on people who are contributing

That being said there are genuine reasons to find some of them towny and so we shouldn't just burn through all of them

That being said there are genuine reasons to find some of them towny and so we shouldn't just burn through all of them
Which ones do you think is towny and which ones not?

I recommend trying not to care so much about post count, and care more about who you think is most likely to flip wolf. While low posters shouldn't be ignored, they also aren't the only people worth considering.

@ExLight
Alright, went back over the thread, here's my reads:
Higher on the list is more towny, lower is more scummy, even if both are labeled the same.

Kirino: Town - General reasoning seems towny, good vibes.
Seanzie: Slight town - High activity, good vibes.
ExLight: Slight town - General activity seems towny.
Link: Slight town - Open with opinions, reasoning seems sound
Deku: Slight town - Not much to go on, seems to be trying to keep up.
Minish: Neutral - Seems experienced, hard to judge
Fext: Neutral - Chat claim was definitely a joke. General tone is difficult to get a read on, though
Storm: Neutral - Another jokester. The colored list was quite nice.
Rag: Neutral - Not sure. Getting strong readings in both directions.
Fig: Neutral - I don't trust the role claim, but the tunnel vision and desperation feels towny to me.
Viral: Slight mafia - I like the name, but they don't seem to have said anything of substance.
Chevy: Slight mafia - Something about their activity when examined seems shifty.
Killjoy: Mafia - Something about how they direct the conversation feels shifty to me.

Chevy's in the running, so I'm good to vote for them. If all else were equal, I would vote for Killjoy.
Unvote
Vote: Chevywolf30
Looking back at his Reads, I was his sole scum read. NOT counting the fact that Chevy was the leading wagon at the time, wouldn't it have made more sense for PK to vote for his sole scum read? Think about how YOU would've voted if these were YOUR reads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom