• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Pen

The game is on!
When exactly is EoD?

The EoD is written in the post that initiated the day phase as well as in every vote tally I post ;)

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Seanzie - 1 (ExLight)
Fext - 1 (Paranoid King)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Kirino, Seanzie, Chevywolf30)
Fig - 5 (Ragnarokio, A Link In Time, Killjoy262, Storm, DekuNut)
Chevywolf30 - 1 (Fext)

Extension - 4 (Ragnarokio, ExLight, Killjoy262, Fig)

Not voting - Morbid Minish, Viral Maze, Fig

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, October 7th 2021 at 6:00 PM EST.

I got distracted by another point and forgot to finish my sentence

End of Day
Also... I'm town. I think that's what you wanted? Not caught up yet.

The reason to lie about experience level is to allow for more leniency from the experienced players, and maybe not have them read him quite as harshly, passing off certain scummy things as noobish mistakes, giving him a massive advantage. The focus on Fig would be a way to make himself the center of attention early on for something that was obviously not a huge deal, thus allowing him to pocket people early. If they're scumbuds, he could also be jumping on the train of playing as townishly as possible, attacking a scumbud hard for town cred. Being a leading force on an early scum wagon generally looks pretty good. More or less, all of this could point to him hoping to have a really solid earlygame in order to become towncore in lategame.
But that's just a theory.
A game theory.
Thanks for reading.
Re: fext lying - I meant more about Fext saying they have a chat. If town thinks they're a noob, they will interpret that as a true scum slip, so the idea that experienced scum!fext is pretending to be a noob doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
It's funny and frustrating how Fext literally is doing the same thing that I'm allegedly doing that Ragnarokio finds as suspicious towards me

How is that so? To reiterate, the two reasons i can recall having given for finding you suspicious are that your stance on fext's slip is potentially informed (subconsciously or otherwise) by mafia knowledge and that you're valuing self-preservation above killing scum.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
also @Seanzie: I typically have pretty few stances and I typically make a lot of fluff posts, and while its true that I didn't start the case on fig i think its fair to say that i played a big part in driving their wagon and that without my participation in it they feasibly wouldn't be the leading wagon right now. If they die it should make me (and fext) look good.

Fig

The Altruist
How is that so? To reiterate, the two reasons i can recall having given for finding you suspicious are that your stance on fext's slip is potentially informed (subconsciously or otherwise) by mafia knowledge and that you're valuing self-preservation above killing scum.
You do realize you are the reason why I have to be seen as "focusing on self-preservation now" because you effectively started this bandwagon against, which again is very bad for town should we actually go through with this and will make you and others super bad when I flip town. At this point I will have to consider using the claim for today if it means proving I'm town.

Ragnarokio

we have unlimited claims and you should claim before you're killed although I'd rather see a competing wagon before it comes to that.

Ragnarokio

and yes if you flip town that will look a little bad for me, although probably not super bad. Depending on the wagon dynamics particularly towards the end of the day different people will look better or worse

There aren't as many votes in this game as I'd like.

Ragnarokio

iirc pen confirmed in thread earlier that claims were unlimited but you can re-confirm with him if you'd like (i'm too lazy to find the post)

Ragnarokio

and to be clear i don't think you should claim yet, there's plenty of time before deadline still

Unfortunately this may look the end for me which is going to be very bad for town and I'm not certain if I should claim to save myself if it's the last option possible. Annoying how this is
For your sake, you best hope people don't vote for me because whether you are town or not, you will be seen in a negative light.

These look a lot more like scum trying to avoid an elim than town trying to avoid a miselim IMO.

Unvote. Vote: Fig

The EoD is written in the post that initiated the day phase as well as in every vote tally I post ;)

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Seanzie - 1 (ExLight)
Fext - 1 (Paranoid King)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Kirino, Seanzie, Chevywolf30)
Fig - 5 (Ragnarokio, A Link In Time, Killjoy262, Storm, DekuNut)
Chevywolf30 - 1 (Fext)

Extension - 4 (Ragnarokio, ExLight, Killjoy262, Fig)

Not voting - Morbid Minish, Viral Maze, Fig

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, October 7th 2021 at 6:00 PM EST.
Thanks, apparently I forgot how to read.

EBWOP:
It's funny and frustrating how Fext literally is doing the same thing that I'm allegedly doing that Ragnarokio finds as suspicious towards me yet they don't get questioned at all or at least not as being questioned hard enough, i.e. still finds me suspicious but doesn't vote for me but rather someone else because "I already have the most votes at the moment. " Moreso, I also am agree with the newb theory that I read over just now. Assuming Fext is indeed lying about their experience, this makes sense to why they have been acting the way they have been; believing a forum game was only going to last 10-20 minutes upon signing up, making these rather "quirky" statements, asking the most basic questions in stead of knowing said acronym already, etc.

Questionable at best, scumlike at worst and I've seen people using the newb card in the past to play off the notion that perhaps it can't be them. Unfortunately this may look the end for me which is going to be very bad for town and I'm not certain if I should claim to save myself if it's the last option possible. Annoying how this is coming up for me.

Unvote
Vote: Extension

Why did you unvote here? What changed with regards to ExLight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom