• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Seanzie - 1 (ExLight)
ExLight - 2 (DekuNut, Fig)
Fext - 1 (Paranoid King)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Kirino, Seanzie, Chevywolf30)
Fig - 4 (Ragnarokio, A Link In Time, Killjoy262, Storm)
Chevywolf30 - 1 (Fext)

Extension - 3 (Ragnarokio, ExLight, Killjoy262)

Not voting - Morbid Minish, Viral Maze

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, October 7th 2021 at 6:00 PM EST.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Anyways, I was out today because I've been prepping for moving to a new job next week, which means I spent most of today after work filling out paperwork and all that jazz on top of my normal daily stuff. I'm... about fifteen pages behind when it comes to reading, so I'll hold off on content til then. Any questions can be directed at me via tags (I see the only person to use those so far has been Killjoy). I will answer them as I get to them.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Probably not gonna catch up before I have to pass out, so I'll post my tonight thoughts in this post before I leave. They're quick and dirty, but it's something to give people.

Re: Fext - I agree with Ex's assumption from yesterday that Fext is lying about their mafia experience. They come in with his joke about having a chat, and then made a sly reference to mafia being colored red. I feel like if a new person made this joke, they'd say "the mafia" or "my teammates" or something. Red is a lot more subtle and knowledgeable of how the games works than I'd expect from a new player, especially one who apparently didn't even realize that the game would last more than 20 minutes when he signed on. It's a small thing, and doesn't say much about his alignment, but we should keep this theory in mind as we read him further later in the game. You could say that they've played AU or ToS before and had an idea, but then the question remains, how would they know that the convention was also true in forum mafia?
Personally, I don't like this deception, as, if he isn't new but is playing off as being so, the idea that he's quite new would give him some leeway from other players as scum. It's a lot of mind chess and I may be overthinking it, but for now I've got my eye on them.

Speaking of Ex (it was actually quite early in that last point, you may have forgotten that I mentioned him, but it makes for a decent segue), nothing he's done so far this day has made him worth keeping my vote on. I've actually quite enjoyed his content so far (at least as much as I can; it IS still Ex after all ;P ). Therefore, I shall
Unvote

It literally can go either way. I've seen people slip-up they have a chat and have been outed as mafia. It's why I'm only partially acknowledging it. Even if they are town, them saying "Oh well Pen gave me a chat tho" (I'm paraphrasing) is a slip-up or at the very least, a leak and now we have some kind of lead of what Fext is.
It seemed pointless to continue ignoring it at that point though. Everyone had already made a big deal about it. There was no hiding the joke, nor ignoring the idea that it may contain true information. And yet you did. The only

I find it likely that, if Fig is scum, and the previous theory about Fext lying about their experience is true, then they are both scum together, but playing very different games. Fig being 3P is also an option. I struggle to see a reason why Fig would act the way he did if he were both town and took the joke at face value like he claimed to.
Going back and forth, but I think I will
Vote: Fig

I don't see the issues with Rag just yet, but I would like to get my current reddest read a little farther from the competition. He has a lot of votes, but not close enough to maj for me to worry.

Also, somethign doesn't sit right about Storm yet. I know that the giant list full mostly of meaningless gobbley gook is a regular for him, but he seems to be putting no effort at all into this game so far, despite making a fair few comments and a number of posts. Non-activity really. Not enough for a vote, but enough for me to call out in hopes that he either shapes up or I vote for him in the coming days.

Note for Deku of tomorrow, I'm right at the top of page 16.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Also, something doesn't sit right about Storm yet. I know that the giant list full mostly of meaningless gobbley gook is a regular for him, but he seems to be putting no effort at all into this game so far, despite making a fair few comments and a number of posts. Non-activity really. Not enough for a vote, but enough for me to call out in hopes that he either shapes up or I vote for him in the coming days.
The List is more for where my mind is at the moment. Day 1's list doesnt mean much, especially at the end of RVS, where no Info has been divulged. Hell. You had only posted once when the List was Forged.

Also my activity is pretty par for the course for a typical Storm Meta. Not all of us have to be Poirot. Some of us have to Columbo Around every now and then. Even without playing Australian Union or Terms of Service. Vote me or dont.

Thursdays and Fridays are my heavy Investigating Days. So Day 2 i might have something worthy of your impeccable pallette and possibly worth consuming. Lean on crap. Heavy in Nutrients

It seemed pointless to continue ignoring it at that point though. Everyone had already made a big deal about it. There was no hiding the joke, nor ignoring the idea that it may contain true information. And yet you did. The only
tf happened here

When exactly is EoD?

Also, I'm still waiting for 7 more people to tell me they're town.

I find it likely that, if Fig is scum, and the previous theory about Fext lying about their experience is true, then they are both scum together, but playing very different games. Fig being 3P is also an option. I struggle to see a reason why Fig would act the way he did if he were both town and took the joke at face value like he claimed to.
Going back and forth, but I think I will

If Fext is lying about their experience level, why would Scum!Fext act this way?

Looking through some people right now, and Seanzie and I seem to have a lot of opposite reads this game. He (?) voted Rag early and townread Fig while I have the opposite views. Not a fan of his push on Killjoy either. Weak sauce. I have a very slight scum lean there right now.

Really loving everything Fext is thinking right now. Love the level of engagement and I like the vote on Chevy for now. Chevy's only substantial posts so far are listing people and giving thoughts. I need to see more engagement from him.
Care to explain your townread on Rag?

Yeah, my Rag scumread stays. I just looked at their ISO. While they're one of the highest posters, most of their posts are fluff or IIoA. The big exception to this is that they have been pushing Fig hard, but this started only after Fig was a central target of the thread. I'd like to see more from Rag re: others in thread.

What's an "IloA"

IIoA stands for "Information Instead of Analysis". So like stating factual things about the game, either like setup stuff or even just "this happened", this is easy for scum to do since scum doesn't need to fake anything to give information. Giving an analysis of what that information tells you about the gamestate is harder for scum though as they have TMI and thus don't spend (much) time trying to figure out what posts and events mean in terms of people's alignments. IIoA posts aren't really scummy persay as town will give IIoA as well, but scum are a bit more motivated to look helpful without being helpful, so IIoA posts are a great way to do that, and so I don't think they count towards someone looking townie, and too many of them without a balance of actual good analysis posts is >rand!scum IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom