• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Because again now I'm thinking that if I do make that change in votes, you and others are going to jump in say that because I'm changing votes, I'll be seen as the one actually fidgeting around and backpedaling even if it's just to make your own hypothetical plausible.

I might not understand what the word hesitate means in the same way that you do, but when you say this it just sounds like you're saying "I'm considering voting fext but i'm hesitating because i don't want people to think i'm backpedaling"

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Seanzie - 1 (ExLight)
ExLight - 2 (DekuNut, Fig)
Fext - 1 (Paranoid King)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Kirino, Seanzie, Chevywolf30)
Fig - 4 (Ragnarokio, A Link In Time, Killjoy262, Storm)
No Lynch - 1 (Fext)

Extension - 2 (Ragnarokio, ExLight)

Not voting - Morbid Minish, Viral Maze

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, October 7th 2021 at 6:00 PM EST.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Considering I was one out of two people to even think/mention the chat that Fext was referring about while no one else did led me to believe that as I sometimes tend to do, was overthinking it and perhaps people didn't see that as a big deal

There's also this that stands out to me. If no one is really mentioning someone saying they have an OC it means a couple of things to me. 1) They think the person is just joking around. 2) They think that the person is claiming something like masons, lovers, etc and don't want to bring attention to it. The fact that you brought attention to it makes it feel less like you thought he was town with an OC, because why do you want to bring attention to a claim if it's a supposed slip up.

Fig

The Altruist
I might not understand what the word hesitate means in the same way that you do, but when you say this it just sounds like you're saying "I'm considering voting fext but i'm hesitating because i don't want people to think i'm backpedaling"
Hesitate - "be reluctant to do something." By that definition, it means I'm holding back in doubt or being indecisive, but I'm not being indecisive in voting for Fext because there was already a factor to my reasoning to why I didn't vote for Fext as I will once again explain here. I already told you my reason why I didn't vote for Fext. I also just didn't see him as a threat at the time of the post. And before you ask the question "So then why do you see ExLight as a threat?" I'm going to tell you to read my posts because it will say that it was due to it being RVS and more specifically based on the notion that Light was the closest person I've interacted with in my previous game in comparison to everyone else that is present in this game.

Fig

The Altruist
There's also this that stands out to me. If no one is really mentioning someone saying they have an OC it means a couple of things to me. 1) They think the person is just joking around. 2) They think that the person is claiming something like masons, lovers, etc and don't want to bring attention to it. The fact that you brought attention to it makes it feel less like you thought he was town with an OC, because why do you want to bring attention to a claim if it's a supposed slip up.
Which is why I didn't pursue to it any further but apparently me bringing it up once suddenly now has people at my throat. Again, this is just my 2nd Pendio mafia game. The last game was Pirates 2 back in 2014 before I then took a long hiatus from the forum for about 3-4 years before I would return again due to studying in college during that time frame so naturally I'm not going to be aware of all the game structures that were composed in the past. So anyone who has been playing Pen's game consistently knows what to expect. Can I read up on them, absolutely but I wish I had the time to do so and more importantly, I rather discuss the current game.

Fext talks about how me and Killjoy at the time were giving them an unfair assessment. This is an unfair assessment. Underlined words offer a message link to what I'm referring to:

1. Keyword: Assuming
2. At the beginning, at one point in time, both me and Killjoy agreed that because of structure of Fext's posts, we found it off based on wording.
3. Killjoy votes for Fext (not trying to throw Killjoy under a bus, retelling the events in order) and Fext immediately starts saying that me and Killjoy are giving him an "unfair assessment."
4. We ask if they can elaborate further.
5. Fext eventually doesn't communicate since then.
6. Storm then posts their judgment list regarding their feelings towards how they see the current players, lumping ExLight, Fext, and Killbot (Killjoy) together under the same color, implying those are the three they felt as suspicious at the time which contradicts the 2nd list in that post as they believe that mafia players are ExLight as Ghirahim, Killbot (Killjoy) and Moriarty, and and PK as Ragetti, putting me and Fext as supposed town with Fext as Horwell and me as Norrington.
7. Fext responds to said contradiction with Storm stating the first list is their reads and the 2nd was rolling randomizer.
8. Fext makes their own list, singling me out as the only sole hard read mafia according to their mindset, also claiming their list is "better". (maybe out of spite?)
9. Fext then asks if they can vote for me.
10. Afterwards, Fext has only posted twice, going under the radar since then and that's when I started getting more votes against despite explaining my reason to why I thought the way I did.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Which is why I didn't pursue to it any further but apparently me bringing it up once suddenly now has people at my throat. Again, this is just my 2nd Pendio mafia game. The last game was Pirates 2 back in 2014 before I then took a long hiatus from the forum for about 3-4 years before I would return again due to studying in college during that time frame so naturally I'm not going to be aware of all the game structures that were composed in the past. So anyone who has been playing Pen's game consistently knows what to expect. Can I read up on them, absolutely but I wish I had the time to do so and more importantly, I rather discuss the current game.

I already said you not knowing the structure of the games means nothing to me because that has no bearing on what you said. Which was that Fext slipped up by saying he had an OC. That immediately means you think it's a mafia chat, but you've been trying to backtrack and say that's not what you meant. But if that wasn't what you meant then you'd have to think it was a possible town role. In which case you don't draw attention to it like that because you want town roles to stay as lowkey as possible.

Fig

The Altruist
I already said you not knowing the structure of the games means nothing to me because that has no bearing on what you said. Which was that Fext slipped up by saying he had an OC. That immediately means you think it's a mafia chat, but you've been trying to backtrack and say that's not what you meant. But if that wasn't what you meant then you'd have to think it was a possible town role. In which case you don't draw attention to it like that because you want town roles to stay as lowkey as possible.
Except when did I say it was a mafia chat? I said it was slip-up yes, I also mentioned "assuming I read all the posts correctly" in that same post. This implies that I'm self-admitting that things can change because I wasn't sure what to think about it at the time. Why do you think I didn't vote for them and even asked them directly if they could provide a better interpretation of what they mean as "an unfair assessment"? I never got an answer and yet I'm the one being framed for instigating and now you're putting words in my mouth.

It's clear that many people suspect Fig, and at this point some of the discussion surrounding Fig/Fext seems to be becoming unproductive.

To try to move more towards productive content....

@Fig: assuming you're town, who pushing you feels pure and who feels like they're mafia trying to set up a miselim?

@everyone suspecting Fig: If Fig flips mafia, who looks like their partner? Are people bussing them, or are the people currently pushing them pure?

@anyone not suspecting Fig: What are your thoughts on Fig?

everyone suspecting Fig: If Fig flips mafia, who looks like their partner? Are people bussing them, or are the people currently pushing them pure?
Honestly, From the looks of how the Fext situation went and now, I'm probably the most likely target with how I hounded him, Though, I did make a soft claim earlier(last 2 or 3 pages). But with how bad I'm currently thinking...

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Except when did I say it was a mafia chat? I said it was slip-up yes, I also mentioned "assuming I read all the posts correctly" in that same post. This implies that I'm self-admitting that things can change because I wasn't sure what to think about it at the time. Why do you think I didn't vote for them and even asked them directly if they could provide a better interpretation of what they mean as "an unfair assessment"? I never got an answer and yet I'm the one being framed for instigating and now you're putting words in my mouth.

You make a lot of fuss about people not reading your posts, when I've already said quite a few times that the specific phrasing of it being a "slip-up" only works in the context of you thinking it's a mafia chat.

You make a lot of fuss about people not reading your posts, when I've already said quite a few times that the specific phrasing of it being a "slip-up" only works in the context of you thinking it's a mafia chat.

Eh, I don't really see this point about "slip-up". A newbie townie accidentally outing themselves as a power role by mentioning BTSC can easily also be classified as a slip-up.

Honestly, From the looks of how the Fext situation went and now, I'm probably the most likely target with how I hounded him, Though, I did make a soft claim earlier(last 2 or 3 pages). But with how bad I'm currently thinking...

But like... what do YOU think? If you think Fext is mafia, who do you think is most likely their teammates given how people are treating their slot?

But like... what do YOU think? If you think Fext is mafia, who do you think is most likely their teammates given how people are treating their slot?
I personally want to suspect Kirino due to his low Post count, but, I'm reluctant to really throw that on him hard. Deku and PK seem to me to be safe alternatives for D2 onward unless they get on.

@Kirino What's your thoughts so far?

@DekuNut @Paranoid King Don't you forget about us!

Fig

The Altruist
It's clear that many people suspect Fig, and at this point some of the discussion surrounding Fig/Fext seems to be becoming unproductive.

To try to move more towards productive content....

@Fig: assuming you're town, who pushing you feels pure and who feels like they're mafia trying to set up a miselim?

@everyone suspecting Fig: If Fig flips mafia, who looks like their partner? Are people bussing them, or are the people currently pushing them pure?

@anyone not suspecting Fig: What are your thoughts on Fig?
This is probably based on recent interactions but the one person I don't feel comfortable with is Ragnarokio. Not going to claim they are mafia just because we have a disagreement, but I can't deny I'm rather annoyed with how they are controlling the conversation, trying to put me in a corner despite being crystal clear with them many times. Everyone else didn't bring up flags of potential concern, not even Fext, which is why I didn't vote for them because even now, I still don't see them as a threat unless proven wrong or something else comes up.

Now the actual concerning/suspicious one would be Storm because they are voting for me for the sake of bandwagon. I would have appreciated if there was at least some reason to vote for me. Voting for a person because others are also voting for them with no context is questionable. It tells me they are ok to have someone outed without necessarily providing feedback to why other than "Well others voted for them, sure why not."

Slip-up can mean anything, doesn't necessarily means it has a negative connotation. For example, someone could slip-up that a surprise/party or gift is being planned and now that person knows or something. Someone could also just simply slip-up in a spelling. It's the same thing here. Fext mentioned a chat was given to them, I said "love that slip-up, assuming I read all the posts correctly" and proceeded on with the game but now we had to reverse what we were doing just to unpack on the semantics of what I meant by a "slip-up" and now I have been on the defensive side for a while now given the sudden heat I received for something trivial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom