• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

I think Killjoy is >rand!scum here. I just looked through their ISO, and even though they are posting a ton, they have given almost no thoughts on the game except on Fext. The thoughts on Fext could be genuine, but I also could see them as opportunistic.

In particular, this looks like flame fanning:

I meant to address this last night, but. As far as his post count, I'm not overwhelmingly suspicious of. I'm personally getting a "New Guy" vibe from it. Look at some of my earlier games(Yeah I had the luck of rolling scum my first three games) I was one of the higher posters. Mainly because I assumed "being active meant staying alive"

Fig was pushing Fext (Fig's push feels more genuine than Killjoy's IMO), and mentioned Fext's high posting as a potential reason to scumread Fext (IMO post counts are NAI without significant meta info on someone - post count trends are AI though). This post from Killjoy seems to try to feed Fig's suspicion without committing Killjoy much. Killjoy is getting a "New Guy" vibe, which sounds very NAI, but then goes to say they (Killjoy) as scum high posted quite often when new, which sounds AI.

@Killjoy262, Are you saying you think Fext's posting makes them >rand!scum here, or if not, what are you saying?

@Killjoy262, Are you saying you think Fext's posting makes them >rand!scum here, or if not, what are you saying?
My take was that the high post count that Fext has this game, and him saying that, from what I feel, this is his first Mafia game, seems similar to mine. Had I rolled town in one of my first 2 or 3 games instead of scum, I'd have still been a leading poster. So I feel, that this is more He's making an attempt at fitting in and getting used to things.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Can you explain the basis for this question?
I just found a bit strange the way you entered the game skipping RVS and accusing Rag from being scum outta a post that seemed pretty innocent to me, lol. From my experience people that usually enter d1 in a rush to prompt discussion by overanalyzing are usually one of the following three: beginners, mafia bringing frustration from past games into the table, or indepts (3p).

I think you're not a beginner iirc, and I think the only other game you played here you were mafia with me and won (although I think you subbed out), so the only option that remained for me was the last one. Although you being unfamiliar with the term indept (or was it roll) has me wondering if it's a lack of experience or if you're just used to other terms from the communities you usually play.

I just found a bit strange the way you entered the game skipping RVS and accusing Rag from being scum outta a post that seemed pretty innocent to me, lol. From my experience people that usually enter d1 in a rush to prompt discussion by overanalyzing are usually one of the following three: beginners, mafia bringing frustration from past games into the table, or indepts (3p).

I think you're not a beginner iirc, and I think the only other game you played here you were mafia with me and won (although I think you subbed out), so the only option that remained for me was the last one. Although you being unfamiliar with the term indept (or was it roll) has me wondering if it's a lack of experience or if you're just used to other terms from the communities you usually play.

You are correct that I am not a beginner. I haven't been playing for that long, but I'm familiar enough with the game that this is just a cultural difference - in my main communities, people will say 3p or sometimes ind if it is super clear they're talking about alignments. I've never seen indept though. I thought maybe you had typo'd "indepth", which I thought maybe was some quirk role here that you have to explain everything in depth.

IMO fluff and RVS don't benefit town much, so I often try to get the game going as quickly as possible with overstated reads early on (note: overstated does not mean arbitrary, that post is >rand!scum IMO, but the confidence in which I state the read may not reflect how far off of rand I feel it is) so people have actual game content to do AI responses to. Also, IMO, the first post is one of the most vulnerable times for a mafioso, so they are often significantly more AI than other posts since mafia hasn't had a chance to settle in yet.

Why would you assume I'm not mafia bringing in frustrations from an off-site game?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
@Seanzie
1. Blue means Cold, or inconclusive

2. Fext was the one who posted the Ben Shapiro meme and talked about red named people in a chat

3. My feels are based on Meta and his luck on the rolls. It is likely he is Scum.

4. Fext is either scum who got coaching or just a rookie player who got his sea legs rather quickly. They did say they have played Town of Salem before so theyre not too green at this kind of thing

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Why would you assume I'm not mafia bringing in frustrations from an off-site game?
oh because you have no reason to bring frustrations from off-site here

I don't see why you'd be putting extra effort to convince people that don't even know your meta well, specially when you won your last game against them

trying harder than usual doesn't really make sense if you know what you did last time here worked

oh because you have no reason to bring frustrations from off-site here

I don't see why you'd be putting extra effort to convince people that don't even know your meta well, specially when you won your last game against them

trying harder than usual doesn't really make sense if you know what you did last time here worked

I mean, if I randed mafia this time, I'd definitely play differently than last time to avoid comparisons.

@Seanzie
1. Blue means Cold, or inconclusive

2. Fext was the one who posted the Ben Shapiro meme and talked about red named people in a chat

3. My feels are based on Meta and his luck on the rolls. It is likely he is Scum.

4. Fext is either scum who got coaching or just a rookie player who got his sea legs rather quickly. They did say they have played Town of Salem before so theyre not too green at this kind of thing

2. and this is AI to you why?

Fext - After looking back through the thread, I'm actually comfortable town leaning him for now.
Chevy - Aside from my targeting Fext, there hasn't really been much if any major contributions regarding anything else.
Fig - Even with 4 posts, I feel that the way he approached Fext was within reason.(better than my more aggressive approach?)
Ex - Seems too layed back which has me wanting to be cautious.
Minish - I've seen her barely contribute on D1 in a couple of other games I've played with her on here.
Storm - You got anything more relatable to the game itself for your read on me, or are you going to stick with other reasons?

NULL
Rag - Despite having 14 posts as of me typing this on the NotePad/posting, I'm not seeing anything that want's me to lean one way or another.
Deku, PK, and ALIT - all three has 1 post which barely if at all contributes.

@DekuNut @Paranoid King @A Link In Time and @Ragnarokio What are y'alls thoughts so far?

I feel like Fig isn't giving me a fair assessment and you're actively giving me an unfair one
Looking back through the ISOs, Fig was far more lax on his targeting than I was making his assessment far more "fair" than mine, despite me(making an attempt[halfassed?]) digging holes.

normally Masons are green around here, except when i do them i do them blue. where did you get Purple? The Buck is Purple. The Buck isnt on this list. I wish it was though. that would be awesome
I was in a bit of a numb daze when I was skimming over the possible roles and wasn't all there in my post. Also, do you have a better reason that has to do with the game for your scum leaning me?

Unvote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom