• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW 2 E3 trailer

It was okay. Disappointing how Zelda constantly has to be disempowered in order for Link to be a "hero"... Aonuma knew many people wanted Zelda to be playable yet he does this? Even Princess Peach has had far more playable roles in the Mario franchise. Zelda being rescued is traditional but I'm just getting really sick of her being treated like a trophy for Link at the end of the game.
It looks like Link is dressing up as his past self in the 10,000 year tapestry. Will Zelda take on more of her role as the reincarnated goddess princess from 10,000 years back? Hyrule Castle rising into the sky was just what I thought what happen. Wonder what Ganon's story will be...

It was okay. Disappointing how Zelda constantly has to be disempowered in order for Link to be a "hero"... Aonuma knew many people wanted Zelda to be playable yet he does this? Even Princess Peach has had far more playable roles in the Mario franchise. Zelda being rescued is traditional but I'm just getting really sick of her being treated like a trophy for Link at the end of the game.
It looks like Link is dressing up as his past self in the 10,000 year tapestry. Will Zelda take on more of her role as the reincarnated goddess princess from 10,000 years back? Hyrule Castle rising into the sky was just what I thought what happen. Wonder what Ganon's story will be...
Maybe Zelda will be playable in underground sections, while Link will be playable in overworld sections? Zelda falling and Link not having any underground gameplay shown might give us hope in that regard.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Zelda being rescued is traditional but I'm just getting really sick of her being treated like a trophy for Link at the end of the game.
lol a trophy? you make it sound like they've reduced her to an object, when in reality she's had the most devolped and fleshed out character of any zelda so far. so even if she needs to be saved again (which we don't know) that doesnt just reduce her to a "trophy"..
Maybe Zelda will be playable in underground sections, while Link will be playable in overworld sections? Zelda falling and Link not having any underground gameplay shown might give us hope in that regard.
well she did fall (presumably) underground, so I can totally see this- would be hella cool!

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Sassy nerd with impostor syndrome is neither of those
I didn't say I liked her as a character or anything, I think she's insufferable for the most part. But you can't deny that they did put more effort into showing her side of things and giving her a personality (or more than usual at least, now that I think about it there are other games such as WW that prolly did it better with tetra). My point being that she's not just a trophy regardless of whether she's the most well done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom