• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could only play one game

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Here's a fun hypothetical scenario for you guys- If you could choose one Zelda game and it's the only Zelda game you could ever play again, which would you choose? I would like to say that I'd pick OoT since it's such a classic, but I think I'd have to go with TP. It has one of the largest worlds and the most interesting characters. I don't think the charm of it would ever get old.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
That's tough, since I think of BotW and WW as being equally good. Though I'd probably lean towards Wind Waker, actually. It's a more easily replayable game than BotW is. And it has so many cozy vibes when I go back to it that BotW (though I love it as much as WW) doesn't.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
BotW, easy. Biggest game in the series and endless potential for shenanigans and goofing off when you aren't doing actual content. There's so much to do that isn't related to story and quests and such that there's plenty of room to make your own fun with the game. Hell, even just walking across the map is fun thanks to the amazing world and physics engine. There'd be no shortage of Zelda goodness to occupy myself with if I could only play BotW.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
It's a though choice... either OoT or MM. I guess I'll go with OoT. :) Mainly because while MM has more replayability, OoT is my favourite 3d Zelda.

The plot is epic, the characters are memorable, the music is gorgeous and the gameplay is relaxing to me. The game really has a sense of adventure, just exploring all the different locations or talking to characters and seeing how they change in time.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
most likely wind waker as I've already spent so much time in that game, but I like killjoy's answer the best as I'd eventually get tired of a game if it was the only one I could play
even if I had options like randomizers

edit: I would like to give a shoutout to botw because there are weirdos out there who treat it like a sandbox game and to that end if botw didn't bore me immensely it would just be the most long-lived game in the series

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think I'd be able to choose just one. Zelda is a series, the games need each other to build identity and compliment each other. I'm looking forward to playing TP and WW sometime so I can appreciate more about them as Zelda games and not just games. Being able to play just one would make have less identity.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think I'd be able to choose just one. Zelda is a series, the games need each other to build identity and compliment each other. I'm looking forward to playing TP and WW sometime so I can appreciate more about them as Zelda games and not just games. Being able to play just one would make have less identity.
This begs the question: does watching a playthrough on YouTube work as a loophole?

#genius #galaxybrain

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
this can more or less comes down to our favorites, so my predictable answer is wind waker
Not necessarily. I mean, yes, I chose my favorite. But I also considered BotW because it has the largest world and the largest amount of things to entertain myself with. I've spent 170 hours on BotW and still haven't grown bored of it. I also thought about OoT because it was the most iconic.

This begs the question: does watching a playthrough on YouTube work as a loophole?

#genius #galaxybrain
...that is an excellent question. I guess it can depend on each person's individual interpretation of the question (I've been taking advice from the Zelda timeline creators lol). Keep in mind that even if you can watch a playthrough of it, you can't get the joy of actually playing it.

I’d have to say ALTTP. I love the top down view, the music, dungeons and special items needed to complete them and to progress around the map.

My Dad introduced me to the series with this game and it was the first Zelda game I played.

Big shoutout to LA as well - the first Zelda game I completed completely on my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom