• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Canadian Mafia II - Endgame

View attachment 48145

What makes you say that?

wagonomics(tm). so zinger's tryna analyze the wagons and say that the rag wagon wasn't pure, which could be the case, but we can't suspect a ulterior motive with the votes unless the competing wagon's scum ya dig? the same applies with the quick switch from zinger to rag/sms-- dunno if that's pure either. i still don't like zinger but it's whatever

I was the doctor last night. Targeted Ex.
I thought today was EOD, not yday. I thought very little of Zinger claimed 1shot bodyguard until I answered right and got doctor. I came back to my computer after EOD, and was susing Zinger pretty hard (why have 2 protection roles during a phase). The only thing I could think of was a vig role as well for the night.
So that means Zinger's probably not lying (NLP, I know, but that's a different thing I have a feeling on). Doesn't clear him as town, but targeting Min for a protect leans him heavily towards the green.
Min's leaning heavily towards town as well, based on play.
Ex has a town lean so I protected him. It was toss up between Min and Ex, but I thought Min was too obvious and scum would avoid her based on a watcher likely being a role past night.

this is fine, ok.

I’m seeing two possible scum teams here. Essentially, I feel at least two people from each list could possibly be scum together.

First off: SMS, FG, Killjoy
I feel like this is the obvious one, considering both have generally been lying low. Chevy’s death doesn’t seem to be of significant advantage to them, however. I can see an SMS wagon already beginning to start; it’d be nice to identify them because of their inactivity. Killjoy has been more active, and I mainly included them here because of FG’s comment earlier that Killjoy shouldn’t be suspected unless SMS is scum. It seems a bit weird to me, Killjoy agreeing.

Second one: Ex, Minish, Zinger, Viral Maze?
Reason I highlighted Ex and Minish is because if either is scum they’re almost certainly scumbuds due to Ex confirming Minish with his cop shot. I feel like Zinger would be a more likely third mafia than Viral. Minish flipped against Storm at the beginning with me and Killjoy and was responsible for flipping the wagon against Rag after it was leaning Zinger. This kind of gives Chevy’s lynch some motivation due to them being pretty suspicious of Zinger and a bit worried about Minish. The fact that Zinger protected Minish and their relative getting along throughout the game makes them seem like a possibility; Mafia’s ability to get town roles opens a lot of plays up for them to use them on each other. However, this definitely seems like a crazy possibility, like Zinger said. I mainly included Viral Maze here just because they agree that these three are probably town (in which case I could probably put myself here, these mostly just seem like smart town plays and I just wanted the idea out there.)

y'all rly tryna do this when we haven't even caught one scum :/ an ex/minish/viral maze team is unlikely here in my eyes fwiw. claims salad. i'm down to look elsewhere for this phase

If we believe that myself, Ex, Viral, and Zinger are all town and SMS or Mapel couldn't have made the n1 kill, then that just leaves either Killjoy or FG (Seanzie) as the killer.

minish do you think zinger's town? i.. don't, but this poe for the n1 kill is really good

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ok, I read the thread in full over the last noght and asked to stay in the game because it actually made me mad that there are players trying to lynch me based on lack of activity alone. You're saying it's not because of my lack of activity, but because there is no content to prove I'm town. Well just buckle in because you'll get the wall text from me trying to actually solve, and from here on out I will be keeping up with the thread to the best of my ability.

@Morbid Minish If I was inactive scum being urged to get active I still would have at least been voting in past phases regardless, just saying.

So far there are only two scum combinations I can think of.

The Game is Easy and already Semi-solved: A scum team consisting of Killjoy and funnygurl and a third member who I'm not exactly sure of. Funnygurl's content can best be summed up as a glance of the thread, suspicion of Zinger, but ultimately decided to sheep Ex and vote me. Not inherently scummy but besides the Zinger vote none of her other votes have been explained with her own reasoning, or even an announcement of agreement with other players.

Killjoy actually has glimpses of good content though, or at least it appears that way sometimes, but for the last two phases he was tunneled on Zinger, only today deciding to join in on the notion of wagon on me.

This is just the general PoE that the game seems to have come too, and I guess maybe it's right. However there is something that had been bothering me.

The Game is Hard: We know today that Ex copped Minish, and I want to believe it, but in a setup like this I'm wondering if the Mafia still has a godfather with a constant babyface modifier. I'm also wondering if they have a factional kill seperate from the trivia mechanic? Also, maybe I should look back myself because I skimmed over the trivia questions and whether they were answered, how many questions were answered yesterday and does that number match the amount of claims today? We know Ex claimed he copped Minish, Minish says she killed Chevy, Zinger used his bodyguard on Minish, Killjoy watched Minish, and Viral protected Ex if I'm remembering right? So that's 5 claimed actions. There were 7 questions yesterday. Maybe Rag and Chevy got them though.

Moving on, maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's alarming to me that so many people are giving a pass on Minish when she hasn't really done much, I hate to say.

Initially I said I thought she might be town because she shared info on me, but that info is actually nai, it seemed pro-town but it didn't contribute much info, plus it could have easily been faked anyway, anyone could have come into the game D2 and assumed I didn't answer a trivia question.

Couple this with the fact that Minish has been extremely off base with her voting the entire game, I can't tell if she is just having a really bad town game and not putting in the effort to solve, or if it's just because she scum and is prioritizing getting any lynch over actually solving.

Storm is a loose cannon player, always has been, nobody voted him as like a priority lynch or something, they were making a narrative that he is scum. I feel like Minish absolutely should know better, Storm is always a very easy player to push for a scum team on Day 1 and it doesn't look good to me that she ultimately decided Storm, of all players, was where her vote was best put.

Day 2 she votes Zinger at one point but then backs off and puts some weak reasoning to vote Rag, because Rag "was pressing for info". Rag flips town. Minish then decides Chevy is a good kill, and he was town.

And today she's already seeding the potential to join in on a wagon on me in the future.

Claims aside, I'm not convinced Minish is playing very pro-town.

Then there is Ex, I think he has tunneled on me since like Day 1? I think town Ex would at least be looking elsewhere too because that actually makes sense to do if you are a townie. So just like with Minish, idk if I'm convinced he is playing a pro-town game right now either.

Idk if Ex has to be scum with Minish in this scenari though, but that falls back into whether there is a godfather role that is investigation immune. If not, then Ex coming in with the lead off that Minish is town paves a safe way for Minish to claim the kill without people batting an eye. He still never answered me on why he didn't cop check me, you know, his tippy top scum read from Day 2, lol.

It's a rather insane gambit though and idk if they'd have the guts for something like that as a scum pair. So idk if I'm absolutely sold on this, but it is on my mind. I also don't like that she lays out some facts on why I couldn't have made the kill on N1, and how that narrows to a PoE that doesn't include me, then right after starts seeding the idea again that I could still be scum. But whatever.

---

Leaning Town:

I feel pretty good about Viral, he seems to be approaching the game in a very level headed manner and I think he is actually trying to solve.

As unconvential as Zinger's play has been, I also feel like he is at least attempting to solve and I did like that he briefly entertained the same thoughts I had on Minish and Ex, and that's largely why I think he might be town.

Null:

I should probably ISO Mapel again but I feel like they haven't done much besides the run around about the motivator ability with Chevy that was supposed to come into effect today. He entertained the same notions I have that Minish might not be cleared, that's at least something, but very much a tbd player to me.

Funnygurl hasn't said much of substence, as mentioned before. Could be low effort scumminess but also Funnygurl always kind of plays this way regardless of alignment, so I really don't know.

Killjoy is always hard for me to get a grasp on. Even with the PoE, just independent of that, idk about him from the content.

I have to just leace Minish as null, but if she goes through with Lynching me today I'd say absolutely lynch her, assuming night actions even give town a chance to make it another day.

Leaning scum:

Ex, like I said before I feel like if he was legitinately trying to solve he wouldn't have tunneled on me every phase. I also seem to recall his scum play consisting of tunneling on a specific player spanning numerous day phases. It's also entirely possible that Min is town and Ex just decided to clear someone randomly to look good.

---

Another thought I'm having independent of all of this is maybe Mapel is scum, decided to claim motivating Chevy fsr just in case of a tracker (and there was a tracker), and then decided to kill Chevy which is why Chevy is the only death from the night. I can't tjink of any other reasoning for scum to kill chevy besides this. Minish's explanation for the kill, if she is town, is at least in line with what I'd expect since she was casting shade at Chevy D2.

Vote: Ex

Do something else besides tunnel me all game. And tell me why you decided not to cop me since that seems like it would be more beneficial. You know you always have a terrible town reading me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
minish do you think zinger's town? i.. don't, but this poe for the n1 kill is really good

I'm not sure. I was thinking and it makes sense to BG me as town or mafia. If he's town he wants to stop a kill. If he's mafia then he gets cleared by a potential tracker/watcher and mafia just obviously kills someone that's not me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm also wondering if they have a factional kill seperate from the trivia mechanic? Also, maybe I should look back myself because I skimmed over the trivia questions and whether they were answered, how many questions were answered yesterday and does that number match the amount of claims today? We know Ex claimed he copped Minish, Minish says she killed Chevy, Zinger used his bodyguard on Minish, Killjoy watched Minish, and Viral protected Ex if I'm remembering right? So that's 5 claimed actions. There were 7 questions yesterday. Maybe Rag and Chevy got them though.

Mafia has a permanent faction kill, it's in the rules. They also have a permanent roleblock skill as per the rules.

Chevy did answer one of the questions yesterday. He claimed he got it wrong and got a miller modifier. Rag likely got one of the questions but don't believe she claimed.

Initially I said I thought she might be town because she shared info on me, but that info is actually nai, it seemed pro-town but it didn't contribute much info, plus it could have easily been faked anyway, anyone could have come into the game D2 and assumed I didn't answer a trivia question.

Why would I come into d2 and immediately claim a motion detector on you when d1 I had you in my null/scumleans? That's not a play scum Minish makes because it makes no sense. Not to mention I can't fake motion detector because it tells me if anyone visited you as well, which no one did. If I were faking that claim it would be tracker.

Couple this with the fact that Minish has been extremely off base with her voting the entire game, I can't tell if she is just having a really bad town game and not putting in the effort to solve, or if it's just because she scum and is prioritizing getting any lynch over actually solving.

I get two lynches wrong lots of times. I can't be perfect with my voting or play all the time.

Storm is a loose cannon player, always has been, nobody voted him as like a priority lynch or something, they were making a narrative that he is scum. I feel like Minish absolutely should know better, Storm is always a very easy player to push for a scum team on Day 1 and it doesn't look good to me that she ultimately decided Storm, of all

I know what Storm is like, I've played with him a lot. So I know that he typically is an easy lynch. However, this time he was making a lot of false claims that absolutely came across as scummy. If it were the normal stuff then fine, but he was actively lying to new players and that muddies the waters. That coupled with the fact that I was under the impression that we needed maj (7) votes to lynch and I wouldn't be around for eod I was stuck with either voting Storm or Zinger to assure a lynch. And I wasn't suspecting Zinger just because of his Jim Carrey antics.

Day 2 she votes Zinger at one point but then backs off and puts some weak reasoning to vote Rag, because Rag "was pressing for info". Rag flips town. Minish then decides Chevy is a good kill, and he was town.

I never voted Zinger d2. Also my reasoning for Rag was that I felt she was trying to bait a vig claim out of someone and also that she apparently was aware d1 only took half maj to lynch but didn't mention that when multiple people believed otherwise. Also thought she backed off of Zinger too easy when his wagon gained pressure.

And today she's already seeding the potential to join in on a wagon on me in the future.

Claims aside, I'm not convinced Minish is playing very pro-town.

If you had read previous posts, I've narrowed down a potential PoE for who did the NK n1 to two people. The fact that you and Mapel couldn't have made the n1 kill means it's very unlikely I vote either of you today since it's less chance of hitting scum. I'm absolutely going to ponder you being scum when we have a potential 4 person PoE with you in it and 3 scum left.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If you had read previous posts, I've narrowed down a potential PoE for who did the NK n1 to two people. The fact that you and Mapel couldn't have made the n1 kill means it's very unlikely I vote either of you today since it's less chance of hitting scum. I'm absolutely going to ponder you being scum when we have a potential 4 person PoE with you in it and 3 scum left.
I addressed the PoE and my point is I shouldn't be at the top of the PoE based on the facts you layed out, I'm just pointing out that you tossibg in that seed sounds to me like you are trying to setup a gateway to join in on a wagon on me later.

I thought you were just had tracker N1, if it's a Motion Detector than yeah you coming in to share that would be risky if you were scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Oh yeah, @Morbid Minish thought on my view of Ex, I knoe based on roles yall decided to just clear him fsr, but am I crazy for thinling tunneling a low activity player fits his scum meta. I feel like I remember him doing it across the first 2 or 3 phases last time I was scumbuds with him.

I think it's really weird he cops me if he's scum but it's certainly possible. And it's hard to tell really if he's matching either meta this game since he hasn't seemed as invested. I see hints of his town and scum play.

I'm not sure. I was thinking and it makes sense to BG me as town or mafia. If he's town he wants to stop a kill. If he's mafia then he gets cleared by a potential tracker/watcher and mafia just obviously kills someone that's not me.

ok. then i'd hesitate to go into a straight poe of me and killjoy then.

aw man do i really gotta iso killjoy

i don't wanna iso killjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom